Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

YANFRET: you should think about switching to Kerbal Stuff, CurseForge, or Mediafire because Dropbox starts busting people out when large files get a lot of traffic. I believe this happened to NathanKell with Real Solar System once the file size started getting bigger with each update. :) (not to mention that the download speeds on these three sites are much faster compared to Dropbox; I get 0.5 mbps from Dropbox and 4.5 mbps on Kerbal Stuff, with fiber optic connection)

I completely agree

- - - Updated - - -

@Yanfret I did a new install and started installing mods 1 by 1 and the new JSI is was my problem so what ver. did you test with ? Or need to look at the new JSI and see why it's doing that.

EDIT- I like my RPM's ;.;

We're going swimming today, would you mind investigating a little further and let me know? We will need to address that for sure.

I completely agree

- - - Updated - - -

We're going swimming today, would you mind investigating a little further and let me know? We will need to address that for sure.

You fixed the emissive problems with the rovers?

You fixed the emissive problems with the rovers?

Yep. Don't ask me how or while but the emissive texture was just missing.

Here's a quick fix zip to get just the file (with folder structure) https://www.dropbox.com/s/34rebblohmalf2a/ALCOR%20FIX.zip

Or you may re download the entire pack.

Note, I'l get around to adding alternative download links and chasing down that missing engine effect tomorrow.

Please let me know if you have any new issues, especially any craft file problems after updating JSI

Changelog:

Updated to 0.11
-Added missing ALCOR emissive texture which caused capsule to turn white if interior flood lights were turned on.
-Added instructional message to main page insisting on latest JSI release.

Updated to 0.1:
-Initial BETA release

• KSP 0.24.2 REQUIRED! / DELETE ALL PREVIOUS ALPHA VERSION FILES!

• Recommend installing this pack into a clean KSP install for the first time.

• If you are using JSI, please make sure you have the most current version: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-24-2-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-18-2%29-3-Aug

• Procedural Fairings DLL is included (required) in this download. Please be aware of potential conflicts if you have an older version already.

Notes:

Copy CMES to gamedata. Optional ALCOR props folder and CHATTERER product are licensed for distribution with Chaka Monkey.

Copy VAB folder to Ships

Copy Subassemblies to your save (optional)

Important:

SANDBOX MODE ONLY. Career mode support will occur with the next beta, in about two weeks.

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is highly recommended.

Crew Manifest is required for transfer of kerbals (or monkeys) from one pod to another.

Before attempting to drive Alcor Monkey Rover, disable torque on rover base and alcor pod!!

Instructions:

All Chaka Monkey flight vehicles are optimized for the following flight path:

3csRsX.jpg

You don't have to use autopilot, but you can if you like. Feel free to experiment with other flight paths.

1) Launch Engineering Lander, Super Habitat, ALCOR Monkey Rover, and Duna Ascent Vehicle directly to Duna injection hohmann transfer.

2) Circularize landers at 62 km Duna orbit

3) Perform de orbit burn, separate transfer stage and inflate heatshield.

4) When you are within visual range of chosen landing site, stage vehicle to activate initial retro engine. Burn retro engine until lateral delta is as close to zero as possible.

5) Stage vehicle to activate terminal retro engines, and land.

6) Launch Monkey Transfer vehicle Habitat, Drop Tank, and Drive section into low Kerbin orbit.

7) Assemble Monkey Transfer Vehicle by docking all three sections.

8) Transit to Duna, enter low circular orbit.

9) Undock lander, perform de orbit burn, inflate heatshield and land.

10) Return to Monkey Transfer Vehicle with Duna Ascent Vehicle.

11) Return to Kerbin and either rendezvous new Orion capsule with Monkey Transfer Vehicle, or use Duna Ascent Vehicle capsule to enter Kerbin atmosphere.

* Warranty void if operation by non-monkey technician is attempted.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

* These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

Downloadable items on this page contain modified content made available under the conditions of original license from:

Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry

Alexustas - A.L.C.O.R. Pod

Bobcat, Ind. American Pack

Tiberion - NovaPunch

Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Lionhead Aerospace

Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System

Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings)

BahamutoD - RS-68 Engine

Sumghai / Fustek / Nothke - Habitats

LandeTLS - SLS Block I fairings

TALISAR - Talisar Large Upper Stage

Porkjet - Habitat IVAs

Blackheart612 - Aerojet Kerbodyne

Kommitz - Chaka Nuclear Thermal Engines

Iannic-ann-od - Chatterer plugin

Chaka the Monkey would like to extend a special thank you to these developers. They worked very hard to make these parts and we have organized them for Monkey Exploration because they are excellent.

LICENSE

All media items available for download on this forum thread are copyrighted by their respective original authors and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License. You can read the full terms of the license on the Creative Commons webpage here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Edited by YANFRET

This is another new problem for me. No staging? The stage list is in the VAB but then on the launch pad there is nothing. I can launch by activating all the the engines but its useless because I cant stage. This problem only exists within the station parts craft files so far that I have tested. Everything else I have tested works in terms of staging.

hxLlEeX.png

This is another new problem for me. No staging? The stage list is in the VAB but then on the launch pad there is nothing. I can launch by activating all the the engines but its useless because I cant stage. This problem only exists within the station parts craft files so far that I have tested. Everything else I have tested works in terms of staging.

https://i.imgur.com/hxLlEeX.png

Thats the same problem me and some1 posted some how if you uninstall JSI then it works , and try the monkey rover it was throwing a RPM error but, I must be blind can't see why.

EDIT- And Half of the RPM's buttons in other pods don't work.

Edited by Mecripp2

Thats the same problem me and some1 posted some how if you uninstall JSI then it works , and try the monkey rover it was throwing a RPM error but, I must be blind can't see why.

EDIT- And Half of the RPM's buttons in other pods don't work.

I have the latest version of RPM and I still get nothing on the launchpad. I don't get the JSI error but I can't launch some of the ships. I know I had the most recent version but I downloaded the most recent one again and alas the problem still persists.

Sorry I did that already. I will keep playing around its probably something stupid I am doing so I will keep tinkering. But I know I did follow the instructions correctly.

I just made a new install and copied the files directly from the drop box zip file and loaded every craft file to the launch pad and they work so I'm not sure what to say.

SiUfNK.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

I just made a new install and copied the files directly from the drop box zip file and loaded every craft file to the launch pad and they work so I'm not sure what to say.

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/1214/SiUfNK.jpg

I have done all I know how to do and still the problem is there. I did a clean install, I deleted all mods, i downloaded and re downloaded everything, I deeply confused. In the end it will something so stupid and simple but right now I just can't figure it out.

Which craft work and which dont?

The station crafts. Everything else works.

- - - Updated - - -

But did you have JSI installed ? and yes all stock they do work just like your pic.

Of course I had JSI installed and yes the most recent one.

The station crafts. Everything else works.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I had JSI installed and yes the most recent one.

That post not to you and something, I get in the log for that ship

[LOG 21:45:50.945] RasterPropMonitorComputer: Running on a part with no IVA, how did that happen?

[WRN 21:45:51.044] [CurrencyWidgetsApp]: No live widgets to Despawn!

[LOG 21:45:51.049] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: EMLV Type III - LP Station Core

and to sp1998 it don't matter what RPM you run , I have went back try'ed 16 and 18.2 that ship still don't work with RPM installed.

That post not to you and something, I get in the log for that ship and to sp1998 it don't matter what RPM you run , I have went back try'ed 16 and 18.2 that ship still don't work with RPM installed.

Ahhh ok so its not just me?

Again, I am not able to reproduce any of these issues. I need to know with which craft files you are experiencing the problem so I can try to re create them.

Check back a few posts. I said it was the station parts except for the the truss. MeCripp posted a piece of his log where it says the craft doesn't have an IVA. The truss station craft file works. I am only having a problem with the station parts, except for the the truss one. Which tells me there might be something to the missing IVA thing.

Edit: I can confirm everything works without JSI but the IVAs obviously don't work.

Edited by sp1989

What I need to know is, does the problem occur only with the EEMV craft files or the MLS / SLS ones too?

Does all of your craft files work with JSI installed? Because like Onsaid before I can get them all to work without JSI it's when JSI is installed the problems work. I'm gonna check the SLS ones for you now but it's def a problem with the ELMVs.

@Yanfret out of the EMLV type III the 1's that work are the was with both Orion and the EMLV III station truss.

EDIT- don't work MLS-MTVHab ------ SLS Block II - Munar 2x

The Rest look like they work

EDIT- @sp1989 you don't get the JSI action-group-switch initialization error ?

EDIT- And same as sp1989 the chaka airlock and monkey pod adapter.

Edited by Mecripp2

Check the Monkey Pod Airlock and see if there is any issue there. I decided to check each part on those craft files by just adding them on top of each other. It wasnt to long before I hit the airlock it caused the error.

sapu6bQ.png

@Yanfret out of the EMLV type III the 1's that work are the was with both Orion and the EMLV III station truss.

EDIT- don't work MLS-MTVHab ------ SLS Block II - Munar 2x

The Rest look like they work

EDIT- @sp1989 you don't get the JSI action-group-switch initialization error ?

I don't get the initialization error. I have only gotten that when I have used outdated versions of JSI. So maybe you are still using an older version. Other than that idk why you would still be getting it. Right now the only I problem I have is with certain craft files having no staging.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.