Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Can someone tell me what those radial mounted tanks on the rear of the Skylab are called? I'm trying to download just that specific part.

title = CHAKA / TKS Monopropellant Fuel Tank & Radiator

manufacturer = Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Hey Yanfret! I started up my CMES save again today, and was wondering if you've found any solutions to the IVA issues, especially the amount of IVA seats not matching with the amount of defined seats, meaning I've lost one or two kerbals during crew transfers

Development Update

Porkjet graciously agreed to expand our license agreement for Monkey Exploration to include the Orbital Orb part. I asked him for that because I think that part is brilliant and it provides an easy and robust EVA capability to any space station.

Introducing: Orbital Orb Commemorative Special Edition

EzKrkM.jpg

vEWUkr.jpg

qWwGE8.jpg

TQDii8.jpg

TO6xnX.jpg

o4VnVj.jpg

zbCP7m.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Hey Yanfret! I started up my CMES save again today, and was wondering if you've found any solutions to the IVA issues, especially the amount of IVA seats not matching with the amount of defined seats, meaning I've lost one or two kerbals during crew transfers

Yeah. Actually messing around with that is what led to the new orb textures. Next week can do some testing. For now, You can reduce the crew capacity in the cfg as i should have done before the update.

Im working on a lot of diferent things at once so the next one will be a comprehensive update

More later, cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Orion Update

• AerojetKerbodyne Orion RCS and OMS parts

• New textures and dimensions for AerojetKerbodyne lower tank

• New textures for Service Module, Upper Tank, and Fairing Adapter.

• Added engine mount basket assembly

flqlK1.jpg

0vCErF.jpg

V7wAx8.jpg

This is the version that launches on a single EMLV common booster core so it uses the J2-x for upper stage.

Edited by YANFRET

Looks great as always. This pack is really turning into something impressive by now.

Thanks! I really appreciate you guys for testing and giving feedback especially considering how long the development process has been. I'm sure it gets a little tedious for you to see incremental updates constantly but that's how I think quality is achieved. We're working on this as much now as ever and lots of exciting stuff is right around the corner. There are so many content authors who have worked on parts in this system and several that are working on brand new models as we speak, and without all that cooperation this pack would just be an idea, so special thanks to them as well.

Orion Service Module Fairing Update

Getting closer to a photo-real orion stack (not there yet)

wmIDc3.jpg

DwPKEX.jpg

E1yXvi.jpg

9NQYQo.jpg

SUCVWr.jpg

zrcJxa.jpg

5EswZj.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Have you tried Kronal Vessel Viewer, Yanfret? Might make your rocket screenshots look more like NASA concepts.

I haven't! That's a sharp idea.

Edit; although it does tempt me to create some monster silly rocket like the ones in their showcase, omg!

Edited by YANFRET

Sorry that's not correct. I tried all those and I was not happy with them so I made that with a fustek habitat module, a fuel tank, Blackheart's Aerojet Kerbodyne thrusters, and repainted stock squad solar panels. What makes it look the part is some intense custom texturing using photos of the real HTV in space so that the colours are right

Sorry that's not correct. I tried all those and I was not happy with them so I made that with a fustek habitat module, a fuel tank, Blackheart's Aerojet Kerbodyne thrusters, and repainted stock squad solar panels. What makes it look the part is some intense custom texturing using photos of the real HTV in space so that the colours are right

That's even more impressive.

Thanks! The most difficult part was finding the right source photo. The gold turns orange in photos when the sun hits it directly so I had to find a good 6 megapixel shot where the foil is in the station's shadow, then brighten it. Spinoff bonuses: Now all Chaka Fustek parts have that neat foil in the dockport CBM area, in the future we can use that foil in other places, and the new retextured squad solar panel is excellent on anything, has low performance impact, doesn't produce jaggies when you zoom out, and is smaller in memory size than even the stock one. Win!

Edited by YANFRET

hmm hello YANFRET I vaguely remembered that you had once retextured a certain porkjet inflatable habitat in order for it to be reused as an inflatable fuel tank... i think but any chance if you do do you have it?

Think RoverDude did that here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588 , YANFRET may have but don't remember that but thats not saying much lol.

All I have to say is I can not WAIT till this rolls out for career functionality....

It's almost a running gag that I keep promising that and then putting it off, so... shall I promise again? hehe I promise.

hmm hello YANFRET I vaguely remembered that you had once retextured a certain porkjet inflatable habitat in order for it to be reused as an inflatable fuel tank... i think but any chance if you do do you have it?

A what? *scratches head*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.