[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

So, I downloaded the mod and stuff, put it in gamedata, and I wanted to install Kerbal Universe. However, whenever I started up KSP, the game wouldn't show the little box where it says what mods to run, so I couldn't get the mod to work.

Do I have to put it in a different directory, or a different mod? Because Kerbal Universe says to download this one.

Sorry I'm such a noob but other mods I've downloaded never had this much difficulty. Cheers if anyone could respond

So, I downloaded the mod and stuff, put it in gamedata, and I wanted to install Kerbal Universe. However, whenever I started up KSP, the game wouldn't show the little box where it says what mods to run, so I couldn't get the mod to work.

Do I have to put it in a different directory, or a different mod? Because Kerbal Universe says to download this one.

Sorry I'm such a noob but other mods I've downloaded never had this much difficulty. Cheers if anyone could

respond

You put in the folder along with the sentar stuff again keep in mind this mod is very outdated.

You put in the folder along with the sentar stuff again keep in mind this mod is very outdated.

Sentar? I believe I don't know what this is

Is this the only mod that these planet mods rely on or are their other mods released/in progress?

One more thing, where do I put the sln file? I was stumped by that lol

Edited by JuanTron

Is this the only mod that these planet mods rely on or are their other mods released/in progress?

There is no Sln file what do you mean.

Edit: oh I see you got the source code for the mod you need the mod its in the thread here its Sdr.ms.com or something.

Edited by Dooz

If you people can't figure out the difference between source code and the actual mods, don't install mods. Sentar is a planet added by this mod.

Is there any way for me to get a version of Planetfactory that's compatible with .23.5? I've been looking everywhere, and I can't find jack. You guys got backups or something?

It is compatible with 0.23 and any version after that.

Edited by _Augustus_

Hello, guys!

I'm new in this mod, so I have a few questions.

Firstly, how can I make my planet/star BIG? I really want to make a Jupiter scaled gas giant. But when I set it's radius to 700000000 meters nothing happens.

Secondly, how can I make a gas giant with ocean?:)

Hello, guys!

I'm new in this mod, so I have a few questions.

Firstly, how can I make my planet/star BIG? I really want to make a Jupiter scaled gas giant. But when I set it's radius to 700000000 meters nothing happens.

Secondly, how can I make a gas giant with ocean?:)

Hello!

First off, you need to change BOTH the radius things iirc, and I wouldn't recommend making it 700000000 meters in radius, it might be as wide as the entire Kerbol system :P

And gas giants don't have oceans, or a solid surface for that matter. :)

Hello!

First off, you need to change BOTH the radius things iirc, and I wouldn't recommend making it 700000000 meters in radius, it might be as wide as the entire Kerbol system :P

And gas giants don't have oceans, or a solid surface for that matter. :)

1) Ok :(

But what about the Real Solar System? How does it make planets bigger? Can I use it?

2) But could I choose the Laythe for template and make my planet's atmosphere like Jool's?

1) Ok :(

But what about the Real Solar System? How does it make planets bigger? Can I use it?

2) But could I choose the Laythe for template and make my planet's atmosphere like Jool's?

1) I think real solar system works fine with planet factory, but you'd need to put all the planets you make farther out and maybe bigger.

2) it'll act like it has an extremely thick atmosphere, but pretty much the same i guess, ive never tried it, but good luck taking off and getting to orbit. :P

The normal map can be exported for planets in game. If you use ctrl 9 it brings up a menu, you want to teleport using that menu to the planet, and then hit the scaled space button. This will hang your computer for a few minutes. Then go into the file and remove the _ at the end of the exported files and you are good to go :)

Is this compatible with 0.24.2?

Kinda but not really.

Hi,

exist a solution for the issue with second suns and Solar Panels?

And exist a compiled PlanetFactory.dll from the newest Version?

Regards

Traxx

Check out kcreators mod it has a sun fix but no solar panels., and nope.

Edited by Dooz

• 3 weeks later...
Im using it with .25 64 bit and its working ok. Some times I cant "go to" a planet or moon but I just us Hyperedit for that.

I finally downloaded 0.25 and gave it a try. Seemed to work okay for me. But I didn't test all that much. Can someone give me details on whats broke? Might be I can fix it.

Krag.

I finally downloaded 0.25 and gave it a try. Seemed to work okay for me. But I didn't test all that much. Can someone give me details on whats broke? Might be I can fix it.

Krag.

I'm not sure if it's trouble with PF or other mods, but when I tried it on .25 (64bit, mind you, I know it's already a bit crash-happy), I was also using Kethane, and the Kethane overlay started doing that thing it used to do in map mode that got fixed a long while ago. When you moved the map around it (the whole map) would jitter around a lot and the Kethane overlay would shrink to a small ball in the center of the map regardless of whatever celestial you were viewing.

I then tried Karbonite as an alternate resource system and found that with PF:CE installed the orange resource hotspots never showed up. Even on stock planets (I'm aware ORS doesn't procedurally generate resources (yet)). Can't remember if it broke resource extraction though.

I'm not sure if these are problems with PF itself or interactions it has with other mods. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I'm gonna test it out again soon as it's done downloading and see what it does with .25 for me.

Onedrive is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... :D

Edited by Immashift

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.