[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Isn\'t the whole reason this is together is so he doesn\'t have 2-3 thread to update?

It\'s been 3 days since his last post and you\'re asking if it\'s dead?

Seriously dude, this isn\'t his day job and he most certainly isn\'t getting paid. So lay the hell off these guys, they do occasionally have lives outside of the internet. I know that might be a hard concept to fathom, but maybe you should try it.

It\'s been 3 days since his last post and you\'re asking if it\'s dead?

Seriously dude, this isn\'t his day job and he most certainly isn\'t getting paid. So lay the hell off these guys, they do occasionally have lives outside of the internet. I know that might be a hard concept to fathom, but maybe you should try it.

Thank you.

I\'ve been taking a break from working on these to play some games and experiment with stuff, like baked normal maps:

5Uq5E.png

As well as some planet textures generated with libnoise (and a healthy dose of photoshop)

PvwU2.jpg

Thank you.

I\'ve been taking a break from working on these to play some games and experiment with stuff, like baked normal maps:

Don\'t work too hard dude, nothing kills a mod quite like burning out and getting sick of modding - at least that\'s what kills modding for me.

Been using your mods since first release, by far my favourite. Keep up the good work.

This is probably why you\'re one of my favorite modders, you worry about making low-poly look good, which helps performance immensely.

You should make that planet red and rusty colored and then send it to the dev team. Bam. Mars.

Nah, that\'s the Venus analogue, Eve, shown without clouds.

Here\'s the mars analogue:

eoZjH.png

Still needs some more tweaking in color, and I might make the ice caps larger.

Wait, what? So it\'s got purple rocks? I thought the purple was due to the clouds, with a differently colored surface underneath.

I might make the ice caps larger.

Larger? They seem pretty big to me already. And not quite opposite each other, oddly. ;P

eoZjH.png

Wow! That looks really good! I can\'t wait to orbit it when it comes out haha. Make it a little more red. It is, afterall, the 'red planet'.

--EDIT--

I think you should put Olympus Mons on there... Could you imagine a mountain on KSP that was 22KM in height?

I found this tutorial for something of the sort. The kicker, though, is the example planet. Look familiar?

I\'m positive someone has found this before, but its interesting nonetheless.

It\'s completely identical... Do you think the devs copied it or did the website copy KSP? I\'m thinking it\'s likely not the latter...

I found this tutorial for something of the sort. The kicker, though, is the example planet. Look familiar?

I\'m positive someone has found this before, but its interesting nonetheless.

Yeah, I noticed that a while ago but it never really got much attention. I think it should be kept quiet, to freak people out who find that page ;P

Larger? They seem pretty big to me already. And not quite opposite each other, oddly. ;P

Well, right now they\'re pretty irregular in shape, but they are opposite each other. And for larger, I mean this level of larger:

(from my space engine concept)

ExsC0.jpg

eoZjH.png

It needs some bright colorful patches, from volcanic flows rich in cadmium and sulfur and copper and cobalt. Just my opinion, mind you.

Well, new to the kerbal universe and doing my best to kill off the kerbal population.

But before i do....

May i extend a very big thank you for the work you have done.

I am enjoying what it adds to the game.

Bogus

Its seems like all you said above your signature there you were saying was bogus. As in saying all Novas work was bogus.(i Know you didnt mean it that way)

Looks great. But don\'t you think that\'s a little too much ice? I mean, compare it to Mars. Regardless, can\'t wait to orbit it and landing should be kind of cool, too/

I think it\'s meant to combine features of Mars and Europa, for which this is just about the right amount of ice.