Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

U-boat=860 parts

Highest Achieved Speed=0.5m/s

Practical Uses= none, really.

Well, I guess you can make cool screenshots and do some role play, but the FPS is so low you probably wouldn't want to.

Rebuilt B-29=516 parts

Highest achieved speed=110 m/s

Is it unique? = Not really.

Practical uses = *trying* to bomb targets.

Well, I guess you can make cool screenshots and do some role play, but the FPS is so low you probably wouldn't want to.

I actually really hope someone tries to do something with my boat, like make a cool film or series or photographs or something. It would at least assure me that I didn't waste a few weeks of my life designing, testing, and releasing a giant, fairly useless hunk o' junk.

I actually really hope someone tries to do something with my boat, like make a cool film or series or photographs or something. It would at least assure me that I didn't waste a few weeks of my life designing, testing, and releasing a giant, fairly useless hunk o' junk.

I'd give it a run, but I don't have Kerbinside or HyperEdit installed.

I want to build something like a USS Fletcher or something for a while now, maybe I should fight your U-Boat :)

Well actually there was an RAAF squadron 458 (mostly Australian but many other nationalities) based in North Africa that harried shipping into Axis held territory, flying Wellingtons and supported by Swordfish off a carrier, they sunk at least one u-boat and damaged possibly sunk a destroyer in one battle. I was thinking of filming it once I was finished with The Dunatian. I have the Turbine Class Destroyer Borea partially built and the Allied planes. The good thing about it is the planes were painted white, which fits in well with what you can do with KerbPaint. The destroyer is scale and with one working turret so far so will even be able to fire shots, it will have an AA gun too. Part count on the destroyer is quite low as I wasn't going to do much on the interior.

They continued anti-shipping operations after this and in the middle of 1943 the squadron's crews were responsible for sinking or damaging many ships, including an Italian cruiser and a destroyer. In June, the squadron deployed to Tunisia. This was followed by a further move to Bone, in Algeria, in October 1943, from where further maritime operations were flown, including anti-submarine patrols, which resulted in several attacks. The squadron sank its first U-boat in mid-May, when U-731 was attacked by a Wellington based at Alghero, on Sardinia.[10]

jA4FWTG.jpg

Edited by selfish_meme

Well actually there was an RAAF squadron 458 (mostly Australian but many other nationalities) based in North Africa that harried shipping into Axis held territory, flying Wellingtons and supported by Swordfish off a carrier, they sunk at least one u-boat and damaged possibly sunk a destroyer in one battle. I was thinking of filming it once I was finished with The Dunatian. I have the Turbine Class Destroyer Borea partially built and the Allied planes. The good thing about it is the planes were painted white, which fits in well with what you can do with KerbPaint. The destroyer is scale and with one working turret so far so will even be able to fire shots, it will have an AA gun too. Part count on the destroyer is quite low as I wasn't going to do much on the interior.

http://i.imgur.com/jA4FWTG.jpg

Yeah, that sounds cool, I'd better go ahead and get the low parts U-boat done.

For some projects, smaller is better. When all you're trying to do is find flat pieces of ground with no other fancy gimmicks, sometimes the best solutions are the simplest ones.

1HLWjrv.jpg

mebMCKo.jpg

It looks like a tube of Chapstick, but it's actually one of my favorite vessels so far. Due to its diminutive stature and weight, it can move quite quickly, and with the reaction wheel in the middle, it can flip around like a demented flying squirrel.

Not much use beyond looking for flat areas, and it start overheating VERY quickly, but it works well enough for now. :P