Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

When I think that this is 170 parts excluding the drive pods to move the pieces.... :P

TauTIuo.png

Friendly jab, yours looks amazing!

Rune. Then again, I build these in career, where they almost pay for themselves if you get a nice contract.

Well, mine is big but it is pretty sterile. And not practical as the shuttle and station I think total over 1000 part. It's more of a money shot thing. Yours has character. And it has got me wondering if lights on the inside are better than lights on the outside. Maybe with some clipping I could do both! :)

I will be afraid to be inside a station with HUGE SRBs to structure the habitation ring ...

Whatever ...

I would expect those to be empty. There are just no structural elements big/long enough, so you can use empty SRBs instead.

I was just wondering, bad things could happend ! ^^

There are just no structural elements big/long enough, so you can use empty SRBs instead.

I have never took the problem like that, it's interesting !

Edited by KamikazeF0X

I would expect those to be empty. There are just no structural elements big/long enough, so you can use empty SRBs instead.

Yup, they are light and incredibly stiff for their length when emptied, not to mention they do wondrous things to part count. Used to be the engine bells made one side ugly, but now you can sink them in with the translation gizmo.

Rune. They are actually sunk into the RCS tank because they were too long.

So I'm working on the Mullet Dyne "It's not a cupcake" at the moment. Clearly a shameless rip off, but just very much worse than the genuine article.

At this point it is capable of VTOL to about 150km, featuring:

IVA capable cockpit for those lovely internal views

Ladder (that you can actually climb up and down without falling off at the top)

Lights (advanced stuff)

A shielded docking port

Other bits as per craft file not featured in the pictures.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm hoping to get it to the point that it has the go to get to another body, land and return so a long road ahead and with 1.0 due soon I'm not sure if I won't park this along with all my other in R+D craft.

Can't wait for the post 1.0 explosion of creativity on this forum!

SM

I'm working on this huge Airbus A380 Replica. It flies rather decently.. except for the landing. Once you touch ground, your Kerbals are going straight to their coffins.

http://imgur.com/a/rTM5a

Consider adding more landing gears, supporting 80+ tons with only 5 wheels is a bit too much for the wheels to handle...

The real one has a total of 22 Wheels.

791px-farnborough_air_show_2006_a380_landing.jpg

Anyone think they would find themselves wanting this?

managed to make a low altitude bomber with 2 large and one huge cargo bay thats still fairly flyable and aesthetic, yet to fill it with bombs completely though its over 400 parts just with bombs in the two small bays lol.

Edit:

I filled the big bay up, it has over 700 bombs for its carpet bomb runs now lol

M1pCp53.jpg

vJPXisg.jpg

Edited by Roflcopterkklol