My wife says I am addicted to this game.

LarryWallwart

I play it all the time, and my wife will walk by and ask, "Are you playing that Keebler game again?"

Yeah, because I design and launch cookies in to space dear...

Edited by iBeej

My wife left for work at 8am on Sunday, I was already up and playing KSP. When she got home at 6pm I had done all the chores which made her happy and I was still playing KSP.

Mechjeb doing a burn means I can vacuum the stairs...

I know some hate it, but thank god for Mechjeb... it lets me let the dog out, do some dishes, etc.

And before the haters hate....it was 3 months into the game that I even heard about Mechjeb....so all of my efforts before then were manual inputs.

• 3 weeks later...
I know some hate it, but thank god for Mechjeb... it lets me let the dog out, do some dishes, etc.

And before the haters hate....it was 3 months into the game that I even heard about Mechjeb....so all of my efforts before then were manual inputs.

Yet another reason I am considering MechJeb...

My wife dealt with WoW. KSP is tame compared to that, because I can pause KSP!

Create a kerbal with your wife's name and send her to eeloo or let her name a kerbal then let her send it to eeloo. Besides, any wife here in the forum? XD

I actually named a kerbal after my girlfriend, just to get her to watch a Mun mission. I made a rocket with a command seat on top, got Sophie Kerman sitting on top. She watched it, liked it, but completely missed the significance of hand flying a rocket to the Mun, landing and flying back. She just looked at me like you would look at a 4 year old tying his shoes for the first time, patting my head and telling me I did a good job...... :)

I actually named a kerbal after my girlfriend, just to get her to watch a Mun mission. I made a rocket with a command seat on top, got Sophie Kerman sitting on top. She watched it, liked it, but completely missed the significance of hand flying a rocket to the Mun, landing and flying back. She just looked at me like you would look at a 4 year old tying his shoes for the first time, patting my head and telling me I did a good job...... :)

Do the same thing next time she tied your shoes.

I imagine if you want to avoid this sort of comment in the future, just make sure you have a illicit-adult site running in the background behind KSP. That way, when you see her about to walk by, you can just alt+tab to the site and she will be none the wiser. Just stare absentmindedly at the website, pretending to be interested, then when she is assured you aren't playing KSP and walks away, alt+tab right back and continue the mission.

DISCLAIMER: This is terrible advice...

Make a challenge with your wife.

Her mission: orbit Kerbin (safe LKO) and land back all the kerbals ALIVE, in an ONE - TRY mission

If she doesn't suceed - she'll understand what MOAR BOASTERS and MOAR STRUTS mean.

If she suceed - she's part of the Kerlbakind, you owe her an everyday ISP9999999e99 (vacuum and atmo) respect.

Does this sound familiar to you?

wife: "Honey, can you set the table for dinner?"

you: "Yes, dear .... just let me park this thing in a stable orbit. Its currently going to fly right past Duna, and I want to go ahead and orbit it first. ... setting up aerocapture ... whoops ... hang on .... ok .... let me see what that looks like. Dang. Let me do this plane change real quick. Ok. Starting to look good. There, i think that will work. How hard is that going to be to dock? Are we in the right spot? Shoot. Ok. Hang on. Got it. Then all I have to do is rendezvous with that .... kind of like .... sort of ... yeah, like that. Good. And then this will detach and head down to the surface. I wonder where a decent landing site is. Oh yeah, I think that will work. Is that flat enough? Ok. So this part is our landing pod, and we need to transfer enough fuel into it. Lets just go ahead and top off these fuel tanks. Did I put parachutes? Oh crap. Wait, yes, I did. Ok. Staging is wrong, but I can fix that. Move these here .... "

wife: "Hon, its midnight. You coming to bed?"

An avid player of Kerbal Space Program who has a wife? Preposterous! Who's responsible for this hoax? We must clean Larry's name!

We all thank Larry for sharing his addiction! Now let's say "welcome to the club, Larry" all together! Who wants to tell their story next?

I almost bombed on the Textual Production exam thanks to Kerbal Space Program.

Edited by Commissioner Tadpole

My response was this, "I'm not addicted. It just takes a long time to do a mission."

Your wife and my wife have something in common...

Don't know how they come to this conclusion. Hey, IT IS SPACE!!! One doesn't fly to other worlds in some small, little minutes!!!

My girlfriend actually introduced me to the game. For the longest time I wouldn't play the game because it never really peaked my interest. Then I got bored one day while at her apartment, and then I played KSP on her computer, and eight hours later, she was trying to get her computer back. She ended up buying me a copy.

Thus far, I have logged 600 hours in the game. I can't kill a Kerbal, because if I do, she gets mad at me and says "but they're cute."

It's not an addiction.

Its an obsession.

Yup.

If you can't convince your partner to somehow play single player alongside you, wait for multiplayer, then pounce on the opportunity. The couple that plays together, stays together. That is, of course, unless you end up in some sort of fiery argument because of the game, in which case, good luck with that.

If you can't convince your partner to somehow play single player alongside you, wait for multiplayer, then pounce on the opportunity. The couple that plays together, stays together. That is, of course, unless you end up in some sort of fiery argument because of the game, in which case, good luck with that.

interesting choice of verb there ;-)

The couple that plays together, stays together. That is, of course, unless you end up in some sort of fiery argument because of the game, in which case, good luck with that.

I wouldn't suggest playing it together just yet. I mean, it could bring people closer, like L4D for example, but it could just as well end up being a game that makes people hate each other and themselves, like Neptune's Pride.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.