Did launching suddenly become harder?

Mitchz95

For some reason, since I started playing today I've been having extreme trouble getting anything into orbit. My normal launchers, which could easily carry their designated payload masses into orbit, are now incapable of even getting my apoapsis above the atmosphere. I need at least 5,500 delta-v to get into orbit now.

Is there some kind of new bug? Or has the Kraken somehow mutated?

I usually limit my initial thrust so that I hit 150m/s at 7,000 meters up, then begin my 45 degree gravity turn at 10,000 meters. Once my apoapsis is above 70km (usually 80) I cut my engines and set a maneuver node for the orbital insertion.

I've been using this tactic every launch for weeks and it's worked like a charm. Nothing has changed on my computer.

Has anything changed about your launch profile at all otherwise? Lower TWR, less aerodynamic rocket structure, possibly you've added or taken away control surfaces? Or is it literally a case of "this exact same rocket launched fine last week, yet doesn't launch right at all this week"?

I have had some very rare cases when things just would not work, things that had worked perfectly before just failing, again and again. It felt like the game was having a bad hair day. Restarting the game (sometimes also restarting my computer) returned things to normal.

These have been very very rare and impossible to determine what the cause was or even if it was not just me being the problem. But perhaps something failed to initialize during loading, or maybe a graphics card setting was temporarily changed, who knows.

All I can really say is the age old "have you tried turning it off and then on again?"

Had an issue where my 75 ton LKO lifter which has worked flawlessly for the past 20 or so launches, suddenly couldnt even make a 70km apoapsis before i had to stage. reverted to launch and attempted it again and it worked fine.

Well then, in that case, everything should be as before, shouldn't it.

Also, post #1111.

^^ You should make that an achievement. :sticktongue:

If your kerbin seems to have acquired an extra 1000m/s of dV necessary to make orbit, something is seriously wrong. revert, restart, reboot. Universal troubleshoot sequence. Give KSP a restart and if that doesn't fix it, you are in serious trouble.

it happens sometimes, maybe its a bug but hey, beta game is beta, when it happens tome i revert launch and try again, if still happens i just restart the game

So we should just ignore it? Some help that turns out to be.

We should really be trying to figure out where the source of the problem is so that the devs know what needs fixing. This is after all, what beta testing is all about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.