[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

I thought the clouds should be seen through the aurora, not the other way round...

They are significally lower than it. Is it a problem of the mod, clouds or is my install incorrect?

The clouds are original HD clouds from the first post of the "Cite Lights and Clouds" thread.

I have only the aurora in the install, and none from the planet expansion files.

Any ideas?

nYALupb.jpg

You're true, it's simply that your cloud layer is above the aurora. you can change it by set a lower radius to your layer clouds in your cfg.

the aurora start at 1.018, you can for example set your clouds layer at 0.017, save and enjoy :)

I test it with the normal version of the clouds pack anyway :/

Is there a way to make Urania bigger? I personally would like it to be larger and farther out than Jool or Sentar, and while the farther out part is easy to do I can't see how to set the size.

Believe that if it were easy, long ago I would have. I was the first to want a huge gas planet (and i swear that i try so many times) but in the current state of the mod, the configuration of this type of planet is limited.

So, unfortunatly, you can't. but you can ask the question on the Mod thread, i surely don't explore all the possibilities.

Believe that if it were easy, long ago I would have. I was the first to want a huge gas planet (and i swear that i try so many times) but in the current state of the mod, the configuration of this type of planet is limited.

So, unfortunatly, you can't. but you can ask the question on the Mod thread, i surely don't explore all the possibilities.

Well there goes my mod plans. In a perfect would I would like to make (or see) a mod with a small-big-small-big gas giant outer system. So there would be another Jool sized system and two gigantic gas planets with lots of moons in the Saturn and Neptune positions (going by the real system analog model that Stock has).

was the issue where one planets soi was overwhelmeing the others fixed yet?

Sorry i don't understand your question (google traduction don't help me) you've got a SOI problem ? Can you tell me with which bodies ?

it was stated ealier that one of the moons soi was overlapping and causing problems getting to them. forgot which one it was since was running close to ram limit at that time. once i reinstall it and get game tweaked to run it ill see which one it was again.

You're true, it's simply that your cloud layer is above the aurora. you can change it by set a lower radius to your layer clouds in your cfg.

the aurora start at 1.018, you can for example set your clouds layer at 0.017, save and enjoy :)

I test it with the normal version of the clouds pack anyway :/

Wait how do I put the clouds layer at 0.017? The clouds are too low so they are beneath the surface. What number do I put the radius so the auroras are above the clouds?

I run with the sentar system, i can't run my pack without sentar expansion enable.

http://i.imgur.com/lyhFWNb.png

Sido - that is really weird because as you've read, most of us cannot run it with Sentar running. But with I have Sentar disabled, the game runs beautifully, with ALL of my graphic settings on MAX detail, and a ton of mods!

Sido, I've installed your planet plus the clouds etc, and so far am liking it for the most part. So far I haven't gone there yet (3 ships are on a transfer).

I like the location of the planet - nice and accessible.

I question whether it's possible to have multiple planets (moons) on the same orbit, opposite sides of the planet, though I guess it just makes it a lot easier to get around.

I don't really like the auroras. They look like huge holes in the atmosphere at the poles.

I can't wait to get to the system to land and check things out. At the moment though, it looks fantastic!

For those who are having trouble running Sentar and Urania at the same, I think it could be related to the number of mods you have installed. I only have about 4 or 5 mods (KAS, Kerbal Alarm clock, Kethane, plus the stuff Sido recommends for Urania).

Has anyone else tried using this mod with FAR enabled?
I will be if my ksp can load it :D

It's seem that there's an ArgumentException involving FAR and a dictionary object. That's how it stores the properties of other planet's atmospheres, and it list the bodies using indices based on the FlightGlobals index for that body. PlanetFactory isn't changing that, so multiple bodies are getting the same index, which causes FAR to break.

I'll made an update by changing index for custom systems to avoid the conflict in the next update

Im planning to start career mode save, will you include science in upcoming updates?

Does PF allows custom science report for planets?

I'm not explore yet this possibilities. So i don't know.

Sido, I've installed your planet plus the clouds etc, and so far am liking it for the most part. So far I haven't gone there yet (3 ships are on a transfer).

I like the location of the planet - nice and accessible.

I question whether it's possible to have multiple planets (moons) on the same orbit, opposite sides of the planet, though I guess it just makes it a lot easier to get around.

I don't really like the auroras. They look like huge holes in the atmosphere at the poles.

I can't wait to get to the system to land and check things out. At the moment though, it looks fantastic!

For those who are having trouble running Sentar and Urania at the same, I think it could be related to the number of mods you have installed. I only have about 4 or 5 mods (KAS, Kerbal Alarm clock, Kethane, plus the stuff Sido recommends for Urania).

Thank you for your feedback, i really hope you enjoy it.

Edited by Sido

Sido - that is really weird because as you've read, most of us cannot run it with Sentar running. But with I have Sentar disabled, the game runs beautifully, with ALL of my graphic settings on MAX detail, and a ton of mods!

It's true, I made ​​a mistake, i can load Urania system without the sentar one, i made this mistake because my save was brake (normal the referer was not the same) when loading so i think the system was not loaded.

But yes you can load the Urania's system only without sentar :)

Edited by Sido

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.