HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

How are dem IVAs?

Not as far along as I'd like. Between a mix of things not working out a way I liked, artist's block, and general bugfixing/other distractions... Hopefully I can get myself back on track with them, I think I just needed a break from the soy-juice and can now come back fresh.

On a more positive note: These things are working amazing in .23.5, and I am loving all the added parts. Small issue though is that the small inlide parachute (.625m I think) is going into the research loop (Where you research it, go to VAB only to find it needs researched)

It was a fresh install for the ARM pack. It was as good a time as any to start fresh on saves/addons :) The large one had a rescaled part2.cfg left over in its directory. Removing the extra config seems to have done the trick. (Maybe double check me on this, @Taki117?)

On a more positive note: These things are working amazing in .23.5, and I am loving all the added parts. Small issue though is that the small inlide parachute (.625m I think) is going into the research loop (Where you research it, go to VAB only to find it needs researched)

If that's happening make sure the old one's .cfg is deleted. That bug usually happens when two parts have the same name. The old .cfg shouldn't be in the newest download however maybe I goofed. That little bugger has given me a world of trouble exporting into the game though, so it could be something else entirely. I've been using it in my stock install and it seems to be working.

What do you guys think of the redesign art wise? I'm going to change the ridges to panels in order to match the radish more I think, but other than that I think it looks a lot better. I want to remake the big one in more of that style as well when I can get around to it.

The escape tower I couldn't help myself. It bugs me to no end when there's a large size part without a smaller version.

EDIT: OK thank Komodo. It's probably my fault then. I could of sworn I deleted that. Will fix when I get home from work.

Edited by Orionkermin

I'm still working out bugs from the install, so maybe the old config slipped through, I'll check it out and see what I come up with.

Edit: to clarify it is the "HGR MK.18 Inline Chute" that was having the issue (My mistake) I'll delete and re-install and see what happens.

Edited by Taki117

I'm still working out bugs from the install, so maybe the old config slipped through, I'll check it out and see what I come up with.

Edit: to clarify it is the "HGR MK.18 Inline Chute" that was having the issue (My mistake) I'll delete and re-install and see what happens.

It's .cfg still uses the name "smallinlinechute" or something to that effect. Komodo is right if you delete part2.cfg in the old one's file it should be fixed.

Even so, it's a clearly labeled test version. All derping is allowed. I've always been a fan of launch escape towers myself, the more the merrier. The IVA is looking good , I think the space should be ok. Maybe one of the compromises vs the mk1-2 is a more cramped ride, at least for the decent module?

I liked the design of the new parachute, the texturing gave it a nice feel, different but still stocklike.

What's the seating arrangement? 2+1 like stock or three across?

Personally, I think it'd be cool to have the option of 3 crew in "shirt sleeves" (like plane pods) with no EVA capability from the pod (needs OM), or two crew in suits with EVA.

But yes it should be very cramped.

The exact positioning isn't finalized, but it'll be 3 across with the center kerbal slightly forward of the other two. I'm thinking about having kerbals in the onion go helmetless to get a more relaxed look, but I feel capsules are just wrong without them.

Thanks I've seen some pics of the inside of soyuz but not really shenzhou. Have you seem any of either looking the opposite direction towards the hatch?

Something was up with the RadishTest and Spud, seems an error is keeping the IVA from being displayed. The G meter goes right to the top when sent to the launch pad, the IVA doesn't show up, and even the revert to VAB button has ()seconds ago.

Reinstalling it fixed it however, so I dunno, I thought to post here as interesting to note

Part Spud_4293706444 cannot load module #10. It only has 10 modules defined
Cannot find InternalPart 'spud'
RasterPropMonitorComputer: Running on a part with no IVA, how did that happen?
04/06/2014 23:03:52,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddInternalPart (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.CreateInternalModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.AssembleForLaunch (.ShipConstruct ship, System.String landedAt, System.String flagURL, .Game sceneState, .VesselCrewManifest crewManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also, I noticed in the release version HGR with a Mods MM config Folder, the have

@part[Radish] : Final 

instead of

@part[Radish]:Final 

the spaces do make a difference for a silly KSP reason. just FYI, it is good to see it is added in the test version.

Now for actual content! Will a RealChute version of the Soyjuice chute-decoupler be available on full release?

Edited by Read have Read

Something was up with the RadishTest and Spud, seems an error is keeping the IVA from being displayed. The G meter goes right to the top when sent to the launch pad, the IVA doesn't show up, and even the revert to VAB button has ()seconds ago.

Reinstalling it fixed it however, so I dunno, I thought to post here as interesting to note

Part Spud_4293706444 cannot load module #10. It only has 10 modules defined
Cannot find InternalPart 'spud'
RasterPropMonitorComputer: Running on a part with no IVA, how did that happen?
04/06/2014 23:03:52,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddInternalPart (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.CreateInternalModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.AssembleForLaunch (.ShipConstruct ship, System.String landedAt, System.String flagURL, .Game sceneState, .VesselCrewManifest crewManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also, I noticed in the release version HGR with a Mods MM config Folder, the have

@part[Radish] : Final 

instead of

@part[Radish]:Final 

the spaces do make a difference for a silly KSP reason. just FYI, it is good to see it is added in the test version.

Now for actual content! Will a RealChute version of the Soyjuice chute-decoupler be available on full release?

Sorry about the troubles, I'm glad a re-install fixed it though. I'm not really knowledgeable enough about code to know what went wrong unfortunately. :(

With the MM files, that would explain why they stopped working... (They used to) Back when I was first starting out, I didn't know that just including things like TAC resourced and heatshields wouldn't break the game for people who played stock. Now I plan to just add all that to all the parts .cfgs so that MM files wont even be necessary.

As far as realchutes go, I haven't played with the mod myself, so I'm not sure what would go into making it compatible. I didn't think it was that necessary since realchutes has inline chutes. (Do they have decouplers or docking ports in them?)

Can you post a picture of the LES Orion? I can play for at least a day and want to know what it looks like xD

Sure, heres a shot of it and the newer version of the small in-line chute. (The big one will be getting a redesign as well) It uses two differently angled thrusters to pull it off to one side; seemed like the Kerbal way of doing things.:D

2014-04-07_00001_zps2b7b8b0b.jpg2014-04-07_00002_zps0d473518.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.