[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Excellent work on the updates, really grateful for them - I can finally reinstall this! The Alt+F bug was just too annoying for me :P

Anyway, noticed something really odd - opening the config window from the FF window severely reduces the FPS. I'm talking like, from around 40/50 right down to 1. Yes, 1. Close the config window, everything back to normal. Nothing in the logs though, apart from the usual 'saving achievements tree' thing. I can get a video up if needs be.

Final Frontier 0.3.14 is online

Changes:

• mission time is now displayed in kerbin days if kerbin time is enabled
  • kerbin time can be enabled ingame in the FF config
  • no more dangerous EVA ribbons when switching back to a kerbin on safe EVA using thrusters
  • corrected the ribbon graphics for a mission time ribbon (bars were missing)
  • added a few new ribbons:
    • a new ribbon for accumulated mission time 500 days (2000 kerbin days)
    • a new ribbon for accumulated mission time 2000 days (8000 kerbin days)
    • 5 new ribbons for returning from a mission of 20, 50, 125, 500 and 2000 days (80, 200, 500, 2000, 8000 kerbin days)

Download FinalFrontier

Anyway, noticed something really odd - opening the config window from the FF window severely reduces the FPS. I'm talking like, from around 40/50 right down to 1. Yes, 1. Close the config window, everything back to normal. Nothing in the logs though, apart from the usual 'saving achievements tree' thing. I can get a video up if needs be.

I will check this. If I cant reproduce this, we will have to build a special version for you to nail this down.

EDIT: No FPS drop an my system. :( Can you set the Log Level to TRACE please and check the log again? Maybe KSP/FF is doing IO an disk at this moment (unintended by me).

Edited by Nereid

I had the same problem, not in the new release though, however badass ribbon still does not work for me...

I had the same problem, not in the new release though, however badass ribbon still does not work for me...

@ObsessedWithKSP: please try the new version. Maybe I have removed something that caused this.

The Badass ribbon is working for me. But for now I will take a break. Perhaps I can look into this later. Setting the log level to trace and sending me all log outputs starting with "FF" may help.

Well, at least you need to remember how to change the references to UnityEngine.dll and Assembly-CSharp.dll in Microsoft Visual Studio Express. Software designed by Microsoft you know? ;) So yes, it's quite an adventure. I would prefer Eclipse to compile C# and if there is enough time some day I will check if there is a good Eclipse-Plugin that can handle this.

BTW: I have made the hotkey optional in the config (I thought I did this already) and changed some member variables to volatile. Maybe the ALT-F bug is a multithreading problem, because for me it works flawless. Some day I will check if there is a better solution for detecting a keypress in KSP than my way to do this...

hmm, ya know I haven't tried the hotkey, heh, I will have to check it out... and btw, thank you for all the work you are doing.

Do you have the ability to auto award flight wings when conditions like "Aircraft never leaves atmosphere" or "lands on runway" or "has minimum lift value" have been met?

I dont think so. I still don't know how to distinguish between a plane and a rocket. I someone has any idea, please tell me.

Well, I know for a fact that the game can recognise a runway landing (check your persistent.sfs - if you've made a runway landing, it'll show up in the SCENARIO->ProgressTracking) so it's definitely doable.. but how, I have no idea. But it can be done, that's for sure.

Btw, thanks for the PM, trying it out now.

EDIT: Yep, works beautifully :) No lag, everything is fine. Thank you!

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Final Frontier 0.3.19 is online

Changes:

• hopefully the lags in the config window are gone
  • 32 new ribbons:
    • Closer Sun Orbit Ribbon: for establishing an orbit between Sun and Moho at half or less of the orbit of Moho (a regular and a first-kerbal ribbon)
    • Rover Drive Ribbon: for moving a vehilce (hopefully driving a rover) on the surface of a celestial body (30 ribbons, a regular and a first-kerbal ribbon for each celestial body excluding Sun and Jool)

Download FinalFrontier0.3.18 FinalFrontier0.3.19

And some statistical data: We now have 355 ribbons in total. 310 "automatic" non-custom ribbons and 45 custom ribbons. :)

EDIT: unfortunately the algorithm detects a land with some "horizontal moving on ground" as a ground moving vehicle, too. So I will add the condition "vehicle-type==Rover". This wont work if KSP wont detect a Rover automatical, but it works 90% of the time. And everybody can change the vehicle-type manually of course.

So 0.3.19 is on its way...

Edited by Nereid

• Rover Drive Ribbon: for moving a vehilce (hopefully driving a rover) on the surface of a celestial body (30 ribbons, a regular and a first-kerbal ribbon for each celestial body excluding Sun and Jool)

Interesting idea. How's this checked? Movement by a given distance? I'm kind of wondering if I can get the ribbon just by letting my lander fall over and skid down a slope. :P

Interesting idea. How's this checked? Movement by a given distance? I'm kind of wondering if I can get the ribbon just by letting my lander fall over and skid down a slope. :P

Unfortunately there is no event for this. So I have extended my update method to check this every second. And yes, its checked by distance and vehicle vessel state (has to be landed) - and in 0.3.19 it has to be a "rover", too.

EDIT: you have to be a crew mebmer of the active (!) rover to get this ribbon. It doesn't matter if you are driving on your wheels or not...

Edited by Nereid

Bugs

1) Pressing the F key is bringing up the Final Frontier screen. Should be Alt-F (?). Possible conflict with Toolbar? Happens in flight and in EVA.

2) Ribbons appear as black ribbons. Possible conflict with Active Texture Reduction?

3) Scrolling through awarded ribbons log only goes for a couple of lines.

4) Kerbals getting the 6 G's ribbon when they go on EVA (details in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67246?p=1044318#post1044318). Not 100% reproducible yet, but it seems to be easy to trigger.

5) The Certified Badass ribbon cannot be assigned from in-game, nor is it displayed if you force it by editing the hall of fame file. The bug seems to be specific to this one ribbon.

6) "accumulated mission time" is given in earth units, needs to be given in Kerbin units.

1. Done

2. Done

3. Done

4. Done

5. Still suspicious

6. Done

1) Ability to remove an awarded ribbon.

2) Add vessel name in mission log

1. Done (and hopefully fixed in 0.3.20)

2. I'm still thinking about it

Edited by Nereid

Final Frontier 0.3.20 is online

Changes:

• a revocation of a ribbon wasn't permanent. fixed.
  • 21 new ribbons:
    • Crew member of a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 20000 or 4000 tons
    • Launching a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 or 4000 (!) tons
    • Landing a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 or 4000 (puh!) tons

Download FinalFrontier

I'm so updating... haha.

Well... when I find a bug I will upload the current version, if I'm confident the new things aren't completely broken. ;) And some bugs are revealed when completely different things are testet...

But all versions are playable I think.

4 days work until holidays... next weekend is "Kieler Woche" (Kiel Week). So updatefrequency will go down somehow anyway. :)

For me the ribbon graphics of the "Endurance-Ribbons" are a bit messed up. They are way more blurry than the rest even in vanilla KSP. I still don't understand why... anybody who can enlighten me?

Edited by Nereid

For me the ribbon graphics of the "Endurance-Ribbons" are a bit messed up. They are way more blurry than the rest even in vanilla KSP. I still don't understand why... anybody who can enlighten me?

Haven't tried the latest version of FF yet, but it sounds like a problem with Active Texture Management. Maybe the endurance ribbons aren't covered by the ATM config?

Haven't tried the latest version of FF yet, but it sounds like a problem with Active Texture Management. Maybe the endurance ribbons aren't covered by the ATM config?

No. ATM is not installed (anymore) on my KSP development/test installation. KSP 0.23-5 seems do do odd things with some png-files. Maybe they wanted to reduce the memory footprint?

EDIT: GOT IT! The ribbons are all slightly resized from 120x32 to 118x111! I will have to check the GUI-Styles to change this... No. That was not causing the blur. :(

Edited by Nereid

I'm thinking the next version can use some GUI love. Can you add sort options for the hall of fame for number of missions, mission time, time since recruitment and number of total ribbons? Also can you add window resize options?

"@ Retirement of Kerbals, removing them from the pool (and reactivation?)."

SO MUCH YES.

Also, is there a way to randomize the list of active Kerbals. I'm getting tired of Jeb always automatically jumping in the first ship that's ready for launch. The guy wont let any other Kerbs get a shot into space without a fight.

Man, it's been a while since I posted on the forums... Anyways, attempted to install Final Frontier in my KSP Renaissance Compilation, and I ran into a slight (read: pretty big) problem. It seems that KSP isn't loading FF at all. I've made sure I put the files in the right place... All the FF lines from my latest log:

[LOG 21:43:37.274] FF: EventObserver:: registering events
[LOG 21:43:37.275] FF: creating hall of fame
[LOG 21:43:37.281] FF: loading configuration from /Users/charliestewart/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/FinalFrontier.dat
[LOG 21:43:37.281] FF: log level loaded: INFO
[LOG 21:43:37.282] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 21:43:37.282] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 21:43:37.499] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[LOG 21:44:00.452] FF: destroying Final Frontier
[LOG 21:44:00.452] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 21:44:00.452] FF: storing configuration in /Users/charliestewart/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/FinalFrontier.dat
[LOG 21:44:00.454] FF: storing window positions
[LOG 21:44:00.454] FF: writing 4 window positions
[LOG 21:44:00.883] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 21:44:01.904] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[LOG 21:44:03.249] FF: EventObserver:: OnGameSceneLoadRequested:
[LOG 21:44:03.789] FF: destroying Final Frontier
[LOG 21:44:03.789] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 21:44:03.789] FF: storing configuration in /Users/charliestewart/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/FinalFrontier.dat
[LOG 21:44:03.789] FF: storing window positions
[LOG 21:44:03.789] FF: writing 4 window positions
[LOG 21:44:04.795] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 21:44:04.855] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[LOG 21:44:05.970] FF: destroying Final Frontier
[LOG 21:44:05.970] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 21:44:05.970] FF: storing configuration in /Users/charliestewart/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/FinalFrontier.dat
[LOG 21:44:05.970] FF: storing window positions
[LOG 21:44:05.970] FF: writing 4 window positions
[LOG 21:44:06.199] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 21:44:06.379] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[LOG 22:02:23.594] FF: EventObserver:: OnGameStateCreated 119.019999999993, game status: ONGOING
[LOG 22:02:23.600] FF: creating ribbons in pool
[WRN 22:02:23.601] FF: no base prestige for celestial body Kerbol
[ERR 22:02:23.602] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/SphereOfInfluence not found
[ERR 22:02:23.603] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/OrbitCapsule not found
[ERR 22:02:23.603] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/EvaSpace not found
[ERR 22:02:23.604] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/EvaOrbit not found
[ERR 22:02:23.604] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/OrbitCapsuleDocked not found
[ERR 22:02:23.604] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/Landing not found
[ERR 22:02:23.604] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/EvaGround not found
[ERR 22:02:23.604] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/PlantFlag not found
[ERR 22:02:23.605] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/Rover not found
[ERR 22:02:23.605] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/FirstOrbitCapsule not found
[ERR 22:02:23.605] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/FirstEvaSpace not found
[ERR 22:02:23.605] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/FirstEvaOrbit not found
[ERR 22:02:23.605] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/FirstOrbitCapsuleDocked not found
[ERR 22:02:23.605] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/FirstLanding not found
[ERR 22:02:23.606] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/FirstEvaGround not found
[ERR 22:02:23.606] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/FirstPlantFlag not found
[ERR 22:02:23.606] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/FirstRover not found
[WRN 22:02:23.613] FF: celestial body 'Sun' not found
[WRN 22:02:23.614] FF: celestial body 'Sun' not found
[LOG 22:02:25.958] FF: EventObserver:: OnGameStateCreated 119.019999999993, game status: ONGOING
[LOG 22:02:25.958] FF: creating ribbons in pool
[WRN 22:02:25.958] FF: no base prestige for celestial body Kerbol
[ERR 22:02:25.958] FF: texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/Kerbol/SphereOfInfluence not found
[ERR 22:02:25.959] FF: not unique ribbon code: I:Kerbol
[LOG 22:02:25.959] FF: know ribbon codes: I:Kerbol
[LOG 22:02:30.039] FF: destroying Final Frontier
[LOG 22:02:30.039] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 22:02:30.039] FF: storing configuration in /Users/charliestewart/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/FinalFrontier.dat
[LOG 22:02:30.039] FF: storing window positions
[LOG 22:02:30.039] FF: writing 4 window positions

I'm running on a Mac, and seem to be getting a lot of references to KSP.app, which doesn't contain any of the GameData files or anything like that.... Just thought you should know. Any help would be much appreciated :) (Really want to give my kernels some recognition!)

Edited by Save Ferris

• Crew member of a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 20000 or 4000 tons
    • Launching a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 or 4000 (!) tons
    • Landing a heavy vehicle of at least 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 or 4000 (puh!) tons

What's the difference between being a crew member and launching? I assume the crew ribbon is awarded to any craft launching with more than 1 kerbal and the landing/launching ribbon is for single-kerbed craft?

Also I think the values should start at 50, given that with FAR you don't need as much Delta-V and can design lighter more efficient rockets (I've launched over 30 to kerbin orbit as high as 779km and also to Mun and the heaviest was 49 tons). Better just to start lower-end I think to cover the whole range with 50 and 100 ton ribbons

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.