R& not open (persistent.sfs manipulation)

Whovian

General story in the following paragraph; I recommend skipping it.

So, after successful science collections from various states on Kerbin, in orbit, and on the Mün, I decided to try my luck with Minmus. Unfortunately, I had no power sources yet so I was relying on batteries, and I was using TAC life support. After loading a couple backups, I figured I'd just get into aerobraking orbit, deploy my chutes, and let the crew die. Unfortunately, KSP had other plans. The first time, most of my science exploded upon landing, so I went to another backup to retry. Apparently my computer doesn't like any reentry effects other than minimal, so KSP froze and I was forced to force quit, believing that KSP would be fine like all the other times the same thing happened. So, of course, the game froze every time I entered the Tracking Station.

After a ton of persistent.sfs modification, everything seems to be working except for the R&D facility.

(This post was submitted before it was completed, a finished version can be found in support. Can this (but not the finished one, of course) be submitted?)

Edited by Whovian