[1.2.0][WIP, PLUGIN][0.11.9.8][30/10/2016] KeepFit - Kerbal fitness degradation

timmers_uk

Thought you'd like to know, there's an " at the end of the download link on the first post causing an error when clicking the link to try and download the latest version. Until fixed, copy the link and remove the " at the end will let the download work :)

Whoops - fixed, thanks for the note.

Timmers

Heya - Looking at doing a KSP mod for sanity, health (less fitness, more 'oops - I got my fingers stuck in the airlock again'), and skills to complement MKS (although the mod would be stand-alone). Would love to chat RE collaboration and making sure the mods do not stomp on eachother ;)

Heya - Looking at doing a KSP mod for sanity, health (less fitness, more 'oops - I got my fingers stuck in the airlock again'), and skills to complement MKS (although the mod would be stand-alone). Would love to chat RE collaboration and making sure the mods do not stomp on eachother ;)

I'll try and get onto IRC early this evening, but generally speaking, I've not much time to work on this mod in the near term, and if you are thinking of something to handle sanity + health anyway, feel free to stomp, tromp, nab the keepfit plugin code, and roll it all into one item - I'd certainly install it.

timmers

I'll try and get onto IRC early this evening, but generally speaking, I've not much time to work on this mod in the near term, and if you are thinking of something to handle sanity + health anyway, feel free to stomp, tromp, nab the keepfit plugin code, and roll it all into one item - I'd certainly install it.

timmers

Excellent - you just made the rest of my weekend plans for me ;)

Interesting little plugin. It would seem to go nicely in my FAR/DRC install. If I'm reading correctly, it's Toolbar-supported, right?

I agree with others who think that crew capacity used vs. available should factor in - one Kerbal in a 3-man capsule has room to exercise and shouldn't count as "cramped".

Also, I feel that the Hitchhiker can should allow crew the opportunity to exercise. If they can put a treadmill on Zvezda, there's room for one here.

I'm not at PC today, so can't be certain yet, but from some play in career mode last week with keepfit enabled, I think the changes in 0.23.5 to the space centre scene (if not more) are resulting in fitness resets on the kerbals. If I get a chance I'll at least try and deal with that so you have a working baseline, and also reduce the logspam in vab/sph

Timmers

Ok, 1.0.44 is now up, with the debug spam removed I think, and with fitness updated during scenes other than flight (space center + tracking station) which now persist in 0.23.5.

It looks like fitness isn't degrading whilst in those scenes unfortunately though, as I think the vessel list I'm grabbing is only valid whilst in flight, but its showing the persisted levels correctly (*cough* my error before may have been because I had keepfit disabled in my save *cough*)

Someone who knows more of these things could either fix or possibly point me in the direction of an alternative API to pull to get a vessel list which is valid in those non-flight scenes.

Or I could just stop tinkering and give RoverDude a non-moving target to take over :D

T

• 1 month later...
I would really like to see this mod returning to good development, it has so much potential, but right now I don't deem it ready enough for a full campaign

I'm actualluy about to dive into this over the weekend - MKS 0.17 is out, my fun Airbags project is wrapped up, and waiting on WaRi for some model updates, so my stats mod is next on the agenda :)

I'm actualluy about to dive into this over the weekend - MKS 0.17 is out, my fun Airbags project is wrapped up, and waiting on WaRi for some model updates, so my stats mod is next on the agenda :)

a.aaa-Happy-Snake.png

Dis makes me a happy snek

...Abstract thought.

Can we have kerbals who haven't been keeping fit turn pink?

Something like kerbal.headTransform.GetComponentsInChildren<Shader> and setting the color tint on that shader would do it. :)

...Abstract thought.

Can we have kerbals who haven't been keeping fit turn pink?

Something like kerbal.headTransform.GetComponentsInChildren<Shader> and setting the color tint on that shader would do it. :)

I forsee that causing a load of trouble with texture replacer. Also, I have done nothing but teleport kerbals for three days.

I forsee that causing a load of trouble with texture replacer. Also, I have done nothing but teleport kerbals for three days.

Actually, definitely not. See https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/TextureReplacer/Replacer.cs#L154

Texture replacer pokes into the head mesh and sets a different shader. Poking into the material, i.e. one step above, and changing the color property, will cause absolutely no problem for texture replacer. :)

Actually, definitely not. See https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/TextureReplacer/Replacer.cs#L154

Texture replacer pokes into the head mesh and sets a different shader. Poking into the material, i.e. one step above, and changing the color property, will cause absolutely no problem for texture replacer. :)

But...But... Kerbals's color is badass. Literally. Their colour code is BADA55.

Which is precisely why, if they are not keeping fit, the color deviating from that is so appropriate. :)

But... atleast in my game Jebediah is too Badass to worry about such things as fitness! He is too busy ATM diving into Jool at 20G! I propose Jeb is coronated king of Kerbal. All Hail Jeb!

But... atleast in my game Jebediah is too Badass to worry about such things as fitness! He is too busy ATM diving into Jool at 20G! I propose Jeb is coronated king of Kerbal. All Hail Jeb!

...and the player is the designated assassin out to kill him? :)

...but we're derailing the thread, so I suggest we stop.

...and the player is the designated assassin out to kill him? :)

...but we're derailing the thread, so I suggest we stop.

NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have done nothing but derail threads for three days.

Now honestly speaking, I am eager for the rebirth of dis, could be a real nice addition to the game. I would also suggest that things such as entretainment and fitness have an effect on tasks, like bored Kerbals are less effective on a Lab etc

• 4 weeks later...

Is this mod dead? I really love the idea of it but it seems broken in it's current implementation.

Even with a clean KSP install and no other mods but this one running, as soon as you switch away from the active vessels first flight ALL vessels default to Cramped fitness level and stay that way indefinitely. If a vessel is landed on a bodies surface KeepFit correctly shows the crew as Exercising but every vessel in space remains Cramped. :\

Hi,

Tbh right now its a bit of a dead parrot. If .24 floats my KSP boat again, and my job allows me time for plugin work, I might refactor keepfit to use the kerbal roster library, and look into the issues, but would see more chance of a revival if someone else with more time and mojo took over the mod. AFAIK the basic gee stats tracking and effects calculation is sound, and the problems lay in the persistence management.

Timmers

P.s. apologies for poor formatting as I'm writing this on phone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.