Could Someone Explain to Me What "Resources" Are?

Thomas988

Two things.

1) "Resources" are the things your spacecraft carries or takes in such as liquid fuel, oxidizer, electric charge, xenon, intake air, monopropellant, and solid fuel. Some of these resources can be transferred between your spacecraft parts. I think this was brought in properly at 0.18.

2) When players ask when "resources" are going in these days, they normally mean resource harvesting. You can get electric charge from RTGs and from solar panels, and intake air can be obtained using air intakes in atmospheres where there is oxygen. Originally, for 0.19 Squad were developing systems to harvest liquid fuel, oxidizer, monopropellant, and other resources from other planets by mining and refining. However, they never got this far, and the original plan was scrapped. Resources in this sense are going to be worked on, but we aren't sure how they will look or the timescale for putting them in.

I'm with you right up to the part in red. There has been no statement that I'm aware of from squad to indicate that they are or will ever work on resource mining or an alternative to it again.

If you know of any such statement please link it because them doings so is what I fervently wish for.

That should only happen after multiplayer is added and when the rest of the game is pretty much complete. SQUAD shouldn't add everything the community asks for.
Never said they should add everything the community asks for, just that they should gauge what's popular with the players based on mod popularity. For example, Mechjeb has over 300,000 downloads from spaceport, Kerbal Multi Player has just over 6,000. Which functionality would be more popular with the player base if added by Squad? Edited by sojourner

Folks, asking the same questions multiple times is not going to change the answers. Squad decided the direction they were taking for resources was not going to be fun, so they scrapped the system, and right now there is no resource mining or processing in the game's development plan. Squad has said that this may be revisited, or it may not. They know many players are unhappy about this decision, but it remains the plan for now. And since that resources discussion has been hashed over many times already, and OP's question has been answered, it's time to close this thread and move on.