[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

but that not the idea i think it would be better if it was done by the mod maker so far his mods are top quality and looks amazing i suggested the idea because what if you don't want to send a crew up but want the engines back this is a good design no need of wings. the idea is to shed weight and throw away the unneeded wings its really kerbal too, also you get more space to launch more cargo etc. what if you built a fuel module but its too heavy and big for the manned shuttle.

Edit:

don't get me wrong i'm impress with the effort you shown ^_^

Edited by Xenon2462
forgot to write stuff

Yeah I know what you mean :D. This mod looks amazing, it has become one of my core mods now. I even noticed I changed the way I build the lighter stuff so it fits in the cargo bay, wich sometimes is tricky. But I'm looking forward to the EWBCL. So we'll have that bigger cargo bay eventually :D

Hey, dude! Help! Cargo bay doors are not opens neither in hangar, nor in flight, also wing flaps don't works too. I've re-installed this mod, but it hasn't help. All other details are works correctly.

If we had caps for the wing and gear cutouts you could come pretty close to the shuttle-C...

Maybe a new nose without the crew deck and windows outfitted with a probe core....

and the enginecluster would have to decouple and be recoved

Pro Tip (?): I use MechJeb to launch to Rendezvous with my station in a 125km equatorial orbit. I set my ascent profile to 40%. This burns up the External Tank, or very nearly does, and leaves me with right around 100 m/sec to circularize. Irregardless I separate from the ET at MECO and toggle to the OMS. The OMS burn is short and I have a lot of fuel remaining for maneuvers and the eventual deborbit. Obviously payload mass determines how much, if any, fuel remains in the ET at MECO, but even with an eight ton payload I still have lots of delta-v to work with.

I'll experiment with a 150km orbit tonight for a Duna Transfer Vehicle assembly. Will post pics.

I would like to have an larger shuttle, have a 2.5m round adaptor to fit the cabin onto a 2.5m body, lab, or whatever. Please don't consider this a request...:wink:

Try'ed to find post but didn't see it but front page.

Future phases:

-Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter EWBCL 2.5, (Extended Wide Body Cargo Lifter). A.k.a KSO Super 25.

-Mini Rover

-Moon Lander

uhm... helldriver....? any new news? heh sorry for asking but i'm curious

Uh... putting together the KSO EWBCL? I can't snap my fingers and it magically appears. I've also been short on time this weekend so can't post updates. And finally I don't like posting updates because then you have a bunch of people that claim to be experts telling me how to do things. And you know how much I hate that. :D

And for those wondering, I'm working on a totally different, 2.5 meter space shuttle that uses the same Lifter. It is called the KSO EWBCL (Extended Wide Body Lifter). You can see early shots of it (for size comparison) a few pages back in the thread.

Uh... putting together the KSO EWBCL? I can't snap my fingers and it magically appears. I've also been short on time this weekend so can't post updates. And finally I don't like posting updates because then you have a bunch of people that claim to be experts telling me how to do things. And you know how much I hate that. :D

And for those wondering, I'm working on a totally different, 2.5 meter space shuttle that uses the same Lifter. It is called the KSO EWBCL (Extended Wide Body Lifter). You can see early shots of it (for size comparison) a few pages back in the thread.

Have you tried wiggling your nose? It worked for Samantha Stephens (Bewitched reference, for those of you too young or without Nick at Nite).

Jokes aside, please take your time. Though I'm as eager as the next enthusiast for "moar shuttles!", you and Nazari have already given us so much, the least we can do is be a little patient. :P

Have you tried wiggling your nose? It worked for Samantha Stephens (Bewitched reference, for those of you too young or without Nick at Nite).

Jokes aside, please take your time. Though I'm as eager as the next enthusiast for "moar shuttles!", you and Nazari have already given us so much, the least we can do is be a little patient. :P

woah... i'm old... i know that show and i was born in 1995... geez

The 41st of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and 5th flight of Phase II! STS 141's objective is to deploy the Manned Laythe Lander and return to the KSC Runway. There have been some grumbling from the Kerbalnaught core about rumors of a KSO successor. It seems none are too happy about being phased out...

Thanks to Green Skull Industries (forum user: Green Skull) for his custom space suits and ships and to forum user Doc Shaftoe for his flags!!

The KSO Manned Laythe Mission will run STS 141- STS 145.

Most of the footage shown in 4x speed for quicker viewing.

STS 142 will bring up the Laythe Orbital Habitat Module!

I have a strange bug on the KSO Centreline Mounting Shroud, that it doesn't make the outside of the shell appear until it attaches and then it doesn't align properly with the shuttles cargo bay.

I would upload a picture but I have no idea how sorry :(

Any suggestions?

Thank you for the great mod nevertheless!

Hit F1 to take a screenshot. Then under your ksp folder where it shows gamedata, saves, plugins, etc. There will be a folder called screenshots. It should be in there.

Hit F1 to take a screenshot. Then under your ksp folder where it shows gamedata, saves, plugins, etc. There will be a folder called screenshots. It should be in there.

Yeah I didn't look hard enough got mixed up between this and the actual engine mount.

Was trying to use the engine shroud as the mount, my mistake!

Thanks for the info too!

Yeah I didn't look hard enough got mixed up between this and the actual engine mount.

Was trying to use the engine shroud as the mount, my mistake!

Thanks for the info too!

No prob. I learned most of this stuff from other forum goers. The student has become the teacher.

Need to make a topic for my new save, but until then I may as well show off KSO related stuffs here.

13735396514_b5611102cc_b.jpg

Sent up my first space station, for orbital research and testing out life support systems for my eventual Mun and Minmus missions. Currently I have two mission profiles planned to get my science up for larger stations, asteroid retrieval, and interplanetary flights: An Apollo-style landing (well, Minmus may be direct ascent, but Mun will definitely be LOR) proceeded a series of flybys using the HGR Radish and Kerblab module similar to the Gemini MOL concept.

13734996695_f76c1e86e5_b.jpg

Until then we have the Skylab inspired Cygnus Station. Sent up in one piece (mostly) it included two goo canisters, a Science Jr. two ScanSAT sensors, a station power module, GreenLab, and Observation Module. Here we see the crew of CygE-1 using their Eve-2 long endurance capsule to deploy the utility module to its working position.

13735407154_7c43042314_b.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't realize that the GreenLab was a material bay equivalent rather than an actual lab, so a lab module had to be sent up by unmanned rocket. As a side-note, Cygnus Station is in a 200km high, 45 degree inclined orbit to make best use of the ScanSAT without running into an odd glitch I experienced where, when launching into polar orbit, the prograde marker would lag by as much as 7 degrees and only snap to the correct heading when the engines shut down.

13735005535_f472788025_b.jpg

Bob and Milbert, doing SCIENCE! Well, what little there was to still do, my previous flights cleaned up Kerbin orbit pretty well. :/

13735056123_e2b99191ae_b.jpg

And finally a nice beauty shot of the station with everything deployed. I just love the view from LKO.

@helldiver & Nazari:

I just stumbled across this WIP module for RPM in the Add-on Development forum called "Vessel View"... have you heard of it?

I think it looks really nifty and might make a fantastic addition to the KSO IVAs. Any thoughts on perhaps implementing it? Or at least, could you point a doofus like me in the direction of where I might Notepad++ it into KSO myself (was thinking the plugins screen... where SCANsat and MJ live)? :P

Thanks!

@helldiver & Nazari:

I just stumbled across this WIP module for RPM in the Add-on Development forum called "Vessel View"... have you heard of it?

I think it looks really nifty and might make a fantastic addition to the KSO IVAs. Any thoughts on perhaps implementing it? Or at least, could you point a doofus like me in the direction of where I might Notepad++ it into KSO myself (was thinking the plugins screen... where SCANsat and MJ live)? :P

Thanks!

You'll need something like this, but pointed at KSO's Version of the MFDs; @PROP[KSORPMSCREEN] or @PROP[KSORPMSCREEN2] instead of @PROP[HyomotoMFD]

@PROP[HyomotoMFD]:Final{
@MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]{

// ---VesselView----------
@PAGE[menuPlugin]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn3, pluginVesselView
}
}
@PAGE[pluginScanSAT]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}
@PAGE[pluginSmartASS]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{

}
}

PAGE
{
name = pluginVesselView
PAGEHANDLER
{
name = InternalVesselView
method = ShowMenu
buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
buttonUp = 0
buttonDown = 1
buttonEnter = 2
buttonEsc = 3
buttonHome = 7
pageTitle = ---------- Vessel Viewer ----------
multiHandler = true
}
BACKGROUNDHANDLER
{
name = InternalVesselView
method = RenderViewer
pageActiveMethod = PageActive
multiHandler = true
}
disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home
CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, pluginScanSAT
redirect = btn2, pluginSmartASS
redirect = home, menuDefault
}
}

}
}