[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

The 55th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and 11th flight of the Rebellious! STS 155's objective is to deploy the Laythe Colony Smelter & Ore Drills from Brass Mustache and Baha EPL! Jeb and the Rebels aren't happy about being phased out in favor of the KSO Super 25 EWBCL and have succeeded in lobbying Kongress to move the KSO mini shuttle program permanently to Laythe!

The Rebel Colony on Laythe will initially house 12 kerbals and contain a micro smelter, micro 3d printer, two fuel generators, two nuclear power generators, two ore drills, and a mini EPL Launchpad2.

Thanks to Green Skull Industries (forum user: Green Skull) for his custom space suits and ships and to forum user Doc Shaftoe for his flags!!

Most of the footage shown in 8x speed for quicker viewing.

STS 156 will deploy the Laythe Colony Fuel Generator from Bobcat HOME!

The Colony Deployment and Transfer to Laythe missions will run STS 150 through STS 157.

What are the reasons for having the oddly placed nodes on the Observation Module and the Station Service Tug?

I think this was missed under the deluge of posts to this topic! Can anyone answer this by chance? :)

I know the node on the side of the observation module is for fitting it to the structural adapter for travel. Not sure what node you're talking about on the SST though. :/

In the quick reply pane, write the text you want, then highlight it. On the toolbar, click the hyperlink button (globe with infinity symbol superimposed), pop the URL into the box and click "ok" - voila.

Seconding naming the KSO super "Helldiver", or failing that, perhaps "Steadfast", "Reliant" or "Triumphant".

Ah yes thank you very much!

I ask again, any upper stages planned for use with the KSO?

Do you mean payload? Probes? The KSO is a shuttle, shuttles don't have upper stages so far as I understand them...?

Nice replica of the famous space shuttle (the best so far) but I wonder why is there liquid fuel boosters (are they not supposed to be like stock solid fuel ones ?) and going into EVA means... can't go back into the shuttle ! (hatch issue ? I've tried on both side, no hatch, even no "invisible" ladders).

And the shuttle itself have a serious lack of fuel tanks making it a lot less fun on its own.

It has plenty of fuel tank - about 400m/s dV iirc, which is about plenty for LKO.

My gripe is the shuttle fuel is fuel/oxy instead of mono for the OMS, but that's a matter of taste and I can work with it just fine! :)

Nice replica of the famous space shuttle (the best so far) but I wonder why is there liquid fuel boosters (are they not supposed to be like stock solid fuel ones ?) and going into EVA means... can't go back into the shuttle ! (hatch issue ? I've tried on both side, no hatch, even no "invisible" ladders).

And the shuttle itself have a serious lack of fuel tanks making it a lot less fun on its own.

That's because it's not a replica of the shuttle, AT ALL. The real shutle had a much different shape. For a shuuttle replica, check out the.Component Space Shuttle in the add-on development subforum. It's an actual replica and not just inspired by, as the mini shuttle is.

EDIT: that's just regarding the LFB's. I don't know why you have the other issues.

Edited by wasmic

I ask again, any upper stages planned for use with the KSO?

Yes. It is in the OP.

Future phases:

-Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter EWBCL 2.5, (Extended Wide Body Cargo Lifter). A.k.a KSO Super 25.

-Mini Rover

-Moon Lander

The 56th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and 12th flight of the Rebellious! STS 156's objective is to deploy the Laythe Colony Fuel Genetator from Bobcat HOME! Jeb and the Rebels aren't happy about being phased out in favor of the KSO Super 25 EWBCL and have succeeded in lobbying Kongress to move the KSO mini shuttle program permanently to Laythe!

The Rebel Colony on Laythe will initially house 12 kerbals and contain a micro smelter, micro 3d printer, two fuel generators, two nuclear power generators, two ore drills, and a mini EPL Launchpad2.

Thanks to Green Skull Industries (forum user: Green Skull) for his custom space suits and ships and to forum user Doc Shaftoe for his flags!!

Most of the footage shown in 8x speed for quicker viewing.

STS 157 will deploy the Laythe Colony Launch Pad2 Module, send it off to Laythe, and complete initial functionality!

The Colony Deployment and Transfer to Laythe missions will run STS 150 through STS 157.

Yes. It is in the OP.

Those aren't upper stages, one is the Super 25, and the other 2 are cargo.

Here's an example of an upperstage. An upper stage is basically a rocket built to be used in the upper atmo/in space, which means it needs something below it to get it that high, therefore "upper" stage.

Those aren't upper stages, one is the Super 25, and the other 2 are cargo.

Here's an example of an upperstage. An upper stage is basically a rocket built to be used in the upper atmo/in space, which means it needs something below it to get it that high, therefore "upper" stage.

Upper stages aren't on the list in the OP, so obviously they aren't planned. What you're actually doing is a badly camouflached feature request.

Upper stages aren't on the list in the OP, so obviously they aren't planned. What you're actually doing is a badly camouflached feature request.

is this what you call bad camouflage?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7538148352/hCDE19CC4/

but in all seriousness, I would love to see a small transtage like the centaur or Inertial Upper Stage for the KSO in far out future.

Edited by shadowsutekh
Reaction images aren't allowed, sorry.

There's an inline mounting shroud for the KSO, allowing you to build whatever the hell upper stage you want.

He meant stuff to go in the payload bay - motors, tanks and probe parts that will fit that rather odd space.

but in all seriousness, I would love to see a small transtage like the centaur or Inertial Upper Stage for the KSO in far out future.

Inline adapter, rockomax 32 tank, skipper - the future is now.

He meant stuff to go in the payload bay - motors, tanks and probe parts that will fit that rather odd space.

Then he should say "payload." "Upper stage" means something completely different.

Inline adapter, rockomax 32 tank, skipper - the future is now.

THE FUTURE!

however, i was thinking of a transfer stage for probes to be deployed from the cargo bay instead of a upper stage for the KSO itself.

now as I think about, any stack mounted spaceplane I launch allways undergoes "The Wiggle of death"

Edited by gooddog15

Quick question: Do the truss segments come with fuel crossfeed enabled? And if not, what would I need to do to enable it? I completely forgot about fuel requirements when I added some orbital maneuvering engines to my main station truss elements, I'm hoping something like that can let me fix the problem by adding a couple of KSO range extender packs.