[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Anyone else having trouble landing with the docking adapter? I just can't pick the nose up for landing, airbrakes, rcs, flaps, nothing. you might want to include some weights for the tail, like the ones in lack luster labs, they work GREAT.

Are you using FAR?

Anyone else having trouble landing with the docking adapter? I just can't pick the nose up for landing, airbrakes, rcs, flaps, nothing. you might want to include some weights for the tail, like the ones in lack luster labs, they work GREAT.

Put the docking adapter on the rear? IDK maybe a quick fix :)

Yeah... I just tried landing with the docking adapter on the front and it wasn't pretty. Definitely will be putting it on the back in the future.

Is there a config somewhere that makes this FAR and DeadlyReentry compatible?

There have been mixed reports about the FAR comparability of this mod, but a patch to add deadly reentry has been added in a recent update, and does work.

Can anyone explain how to create a config file that will modify existing part specs without having to replace the individual part cfgs? I'd like to make adjustments to the KSO that will make it less overpowered for FAR.

Have you seen the docking port for the Buran from Bobcats soviet pack its prity good and its telescopic, I think you will need telescopic, clearance is going to be an issue especilally for ISS and Mir if you want to use a normal dock port

That docking port is way to big for the KSO cargo bay. Or are you scaling it down?

Can anyone explain how to create a config file that will modify existing part specs without having to replace the individual part cfgs? I'd like to make adjustments to the KSO that will make it less overpowered for FAR.

You can download this config by Raptor831 and put it anywhere in the GameData folder, then adjust it to your liking.

http://cl.ly/code/2o2U2i2b1v2M

Check the FAR readme for how to configure a part's values

Edited by Nazari1382

This is definitely possible and I wouldn't mind that at all.

However, because we're still in a test, buggy, state with lots of changes coming in, I'd rather we wait until the KSO is fully stable before I put up alternate downloads for copies of the same part. It will make things easier for me.

As it is keeping track of the alternate texture pack plus the alternate names when ever we update something is becoming a chore.

For example 1.10 updated all those textures...

True, but if that will work, it would be a simple task for the users who want that feature to do so themselves, just download each texture, load, copy the cockpit, rename, and there you go.

He probably means since I spent more time building displays I might know. Unfortunately I do not. But, it does remind me of an issue that I've had where my HUD elements turn white rather than black which has been holding back my next release. I can't tell you to put up with the issues if it isn't working but I will ask you leave us with what you can before you go! We need to find out what the common link between you and Westi is: operating system? GFX card? Any non-default texture/shader settings in the game or driver control panel?

The common theme here is it's only happening to JSIHeadsUpDisplay, which I don't yet use due to some display bugs (yours are different but may be indicative of a bigger problem). This may be an RPM issue I've talked to Mihara about and outside of mine or Helldiver's control.

The HUD hasn't ever worked for me, and I'm on a Mac, OS X 10.9. Someone mentioned texture compression as a possible cause, which I set the Active Texture Mod to ignore the RPM folder (unless they are somewhere else in the mod). I think Westi said he was on an iMac, so it could be a Mac (maybe Linux too??) issue.

EDIT: @mdapol you can adjust whatever you want in the ModuleManager config. Read the MM directions on its thread to figure out how to change the other parameters, it's quite easy to do!

Edited by Raptor831
Added second reply

The HUD hasn't ever worked for me, and I'm on a Mac, OS X 10.9. Someone mentioned texture compression as a possible cause, which I set the Active Texture Mod to ignore the RPM folder (unless they are somewhere else in the mod). I think Westi said he was on an iMac, so it could be a Mac (maybe Linux too??) issue.

EDIT: @mdapol you can adjust whatever you want in the ModuleManager config. Read the MM directions on its thread to figure out how to change the other parameters, it's quite easy to do!

Texture Compression IS an issue, but usually it causes the whole display to fail spectacularly, not just a little bit. What I can say is the example HUD prop doesn't work very well for me. Mihara thinks its a shader issue that will need a custom one written to get around. This might be useful if you want to try it out, check if the example prop provided with JSI HUD works properly. There is the HUD Mihara added to the various vessels, but the original design is still available on the example MFD. I just wonder if that is also borked for you? I wrote a custom one which borks, which is why it hasn't been released but the example one usually behaves and I'm trying to find out why. Seems to do with saturation values.

But that wouldn't explain why the ADI shows up incorrectly. Send me your computer ;) I GOTTA SEE IT FIRST HAND! I really wish I could reproduce this, I hate stabbing at the dark.

Saw it when it was first released and by god is it amazing!

So far I have only picture to share of it:GvNIF15.jpg

However, I have a bug that's causing some annoyance.

I had the 1.08 version of the shuttle, and it flew like a dream, but i skipped 1.09 as it caused any interaction of the shuttle on the launch pad to freeze up. I did a clean install of it, still freezing up completely

I then today downloaded 1.11 and everything flew fine! (the above photo sadly had a loss, the entire ISS locked up for some reason..) then, as i came into landing, the frame rate dropped down to 1fps. After closing and re-opening KSP, i deliberately crashed on take off, and as soon as any part went over the launchpad area, frame rate suddenly chugged down once again.

If there is any more details i can give to help source this bug id be more then happy to supply it!