[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Actually, that's what I was asking you guys to check when I told you to flip that particular sign; that implies that something else might be off... hmm. I made a few changes in my current dev build and I'll have to get around to checking if it worked (eventually).

That's what made me test it. The wing is just the right size to be almost completely inside the collision box (or whatever box that is...). I'm trying a few hunches with the cfg to see if I can coax it out. It's the "Break it 'till it's fixed" method. I could always just attach them wrongly and fly with invisible wings! :wink:

How far KSO can go?

1780983_10201414979924434_1696903405_o.jpg

Far!

1548103_10201414979804431_1047297248_o.jpg

Saddly the lander I brought for Vall is too weak and now I cannot even take fuel out of it... How much Dv has fully fueled shuttle? Im stuck in low Vall orbit with half of my fuel left.

Ok, I got your latest version, I add your fix, and the monitors show up fine, but I can't click them. Any ideas?

And a pic, just because.

http://i.imgur.com/YE2Tirt.png

I appreciate the pic, I wish I could use it more effectively. The times I've been unable to press the buttons is when there is no power (seems like a duh, but its tricked me before), but in that case there should be no display. So I have to ask follow up questions, did you try another cockpit to verify my MFD is functioning correctly? Secondly, are all the buttons not functioning? Sometimes it will appear to freeze if a page file contains an invalid item, but the other pages would still work. Lastly are you using Windows, Mac or Linux?

Finally, and this is more of a headache. I tried all this out on a stock install, KSO as provided, my latest MFD build and this patch. Any chance you'd be willing to give that config a go and see if it clears up?

MFD displays a message saying there is no autopilot when I try to access Smartass through the MFD menu. What do I need to do to make that work?

MechJeb needs to be installed along with MechJebRPM

I'm loving this shuttle. However, I'm a bit confused on how to use the OMS. I shut the 3 main engines off, stage, and throttle up. Then the shuttle starts to flip out. I must be missing something, and sorry if this has been answered, its just that this thread is so popular.

I'm loving this shuttle. However, I'm a bit confused on how to use the OMS. I shut the 3 main engines off, stage, and throttle up. Then the shuttle starts to flip out. I must be missing something, and sorry if this has been answered, its just that this thread is so popular.

The OMS should be set to 10+ on pitch trim. They should be at an angle and they should respond when you use pitch controls once activated.

You said you staged but there was an issue that was causing people problems if they triggered OMS on with action groups. If your Klockheed Martian/Plugins folder has km_gimbal0.1.dll, delete it and get the newest version of KSO. If the two OMS engines are angled toward the center of the shuttle you should be good, but you could also use a third OMS between the two lower main engines, and leave oms pointing directly in reverse at 0 pitch trim.

PSA - With a minor config edit of adding ' rescaleFactor = 0.7 ' a shrunk version of the BobCat/Romfarer Buran robotic arm fits in the cargo bay nicely, no conflicts.

Can anyone give me some help with this? I'm *obviously* rather noob to KSP. I understand enough about config editing to break things, but the documentation I'm finding on rescale factor is confusing. It shows it commented out on the wiki, I've tried it both ways, I've changed scale to 0.7, not working. Help please?

The OMS should be set to 10+ on pitch trim. They should be at an angle and they should respond when you use pitch controls once activated.

You said you staged but there was an issue that was causing people problems if they triggered OMS on with action groups. If your Klockheed Martian/Plugins folder has km_gimbal0.1.dll, delete it and get the newest version of KSO. If the two OMS engines are angled toward the center of the shuttle you should be good, but you could also use a third OMS between the two lower main engines, and leave oms pointing directly in reverse at 0 pitch trim.

Thanks, I forgot to set the trim.

I added the VNG ejection system, though not all-too realistic, the Challenger crew was all alive until they impacted the ocean, so having parachutes on the crew isn't too out-of-this-world.

I have no idea how to use the HUD or what the overhead console buttons do to help switch the IVA views. Help!

I love this mod and will be making more videos, let me know what you would like to see!

Next up will be a Probe Mun Lander!

What mod are those struts from?

Thanks ;)

It's a real pity that he left out the P1/S1 trusses, and isn't even building it in order. It's also a pity that those guys never got around to modelling the S5/P5 and S6/P6 Trusses, since the second set of solar arrays on each side are fundamentally different then the P4/S4 Truss and Solar Arrays.

Erm, STS-102 was an ISS mission I believe, which was launched to rotate out Expedition 1 and 2 from the station.

That was NASA Space Transportation System 102, this is KSO Shuttle Transportation System 102. Not to be confused with real life. Apologies if the title was misleading haha.

I like this series.

I have no idea how to use the HUD or what the overhead console buttons do to help switch the IVA views. Help!

The overhead button in the middle is just a crew view.

Edited by Nazari1382