[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

When manually building the KSO, I find that the left/right wing flaps aren't properly aligned with the rest of the model. If placing them in line with the baked-in control surface that's already on the wing model, the edge of the flap will be indented when looking at the wing from above. And if placing the edge of the flap in line with the edge of the wing, the flap will jut out below the plane of the wing.

http://i.imgur.com/JTXSIhc.jpg

Yep, I get that for the right wing flap, but the left one goes on just fine.

While trying to assemble the KSO, I found out that the cockpit doesn't fit perfectly with the cargo hold. I can only surmise there's some kind of part supposed to go in between those segments, but I haven't found it anywhere. Help?

While trying to assemble the KSO, I found out that the cockpit doesn't fit perfectly with the cargo hold. I can only surmise there's some kind of part supposed to go in between those segments, but I haven't found it anywhere. Help?

its got two attach nodes in close proximity, pull them farther apart and see if it locks to the correct node.

Seconded, what mod are those parts from??

(^^ What he said)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24728-International-construction-ISS-in-Kerbal-orbit

All the parts in that picture apart from the FASA attachment flag decals are from this mod. If you are talking about the solar panel truss they are included and all one part. If I remember right you have to cfg edit to get them into the career tech tree.

Nope, I got int eccentric orbit of Mün, then waited for a good moment and got into Kerbin atmo by cca 120m/s2 burn with some fuel to spare, saddly I touched down cca 500m short of land into ocean.

I had my cargo bay full of fuel which I jetisioned after Kerbin to Mün Burn.

EDIT: I will try to get to Duna!

Edited by Tada

I wasn't getting along well at all with the provided centreline configuration, and decided to cobble together my own. This gets me to a nice 100km circular orbit in one solid burn quite nicely.

ONPfato.png

SNgAihV.png

SJtNga4.png

YTFj0gp.png

This configuration could easily be augmented for missions to the Mun or even Duna.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Excellent!

That was always my intention. Hence the plans for a moon lander kit.

Milestone reached - I flew it to Duna!

894423_10201413976939360_1571732770_o.jpg

1655390_10201413976699354_1567772642_o.jpg

1658526_10201413976779356_298910605_o.jpg

I used the biggest amount of fuel I could fit into cargo bay without clipping and as you see - ****y orbit, not a lot of fuel left, but I made it!

I love the shuttle! It is the best challenge for me to fly it. I think a tailor made jettisionable fuel tank into cargo bay maximizing the fuel carry potential would be handy then Im sure I can fly pretty much anywhere with it!

Awesome Mod, looks fabulous, can't wait for that lander you talked about, I was reading the locked thread and noticed an ASAS part (besides the one in the nose) I was wondering if it got scrapped or if im missing parts?

Nice albums on this page. the decoupling shot and some of the Reentries are pretty epic.

It's difficult - OK, nigh on impossible - to take a bad shot of this shuttle. Excellent work!

Hey guys! Before this inevitably comes up, I released an update for the KSI MFD which has the annoying effect of breaking KSO's reliance on it. Sorry about that, if you'd be so kind as to point anyone affected to this patch I've built to solve the problem, I'd be much obliged.

Alright, having downloaded and played around a bit, I have some questions...

I've seen other mods similar in concept, meaning a non-modular vehicle/ship/whatever, and I've always wondered...why so many parts? It's not like the wheels can be used on much else, or that the cargo bay couldn't be attached to the forward section. Any particular reason it's done this way?

Also, any chance that radome will get a hinge? I've noticed that the mini docking port fits NICELY under it. I know you're planning on adding a section with a port on the top of the shuttle (if I remember the screen shots correctly) but a hinged radome would allow us to stick one up front too :D

I've been trying to figure out the FAR configs and tried some random stuff. A B9 wing surface attached on the area where the KSO wing attaches is not shielded in error. No matter where I attach the KSO wing, by node or forced surface attach (via Editor Extensions), it remains shielded when the bay closes.

However! When I flip the wing so that it goes through the bay itself and pokes a bit out on the opposite side, it is NOT shielded by the bay. Anyone who's gotten the bay to shield, can you confirm this?

I'm not an expert modder, but I would guess that the part is being seen (at least by FAR) as flipped. Is there a cfg edit to "flip" the part back?

Actually, that's what I was asking you guys to check when I told you to flip that particular sign; that implies that something else might be off... hmm. I made a few changes in my current dev build and I'll have to get around to checking if it worked (eventually).

Hey guys! Before this inevitably comes up, I released an update for the KSI MFD which has the annoying effect of breaking KSO's reliance on it. Sorry about that, if you'd be so kind as to point anyone affected to this patch I've built to solve the problem, I'd be much obliged.

Ok, I got your latest version, I add your fix, and the monitors show up fine, but I can't click them. Any ideas?

And a pic, just because.

YE2Tirt.png