[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Tried it, no dice, still needed to open the bay doors to have the thing work. I request someone else repeat this test on their machine just in case I messed something up.

I concur. Flipping the sign on that number didn't help.

Well, then I don't know what's wrong. I can make some quick looks at what's happening in the code, but I'm stumped to be honest; it should work fine.

I tested a hunch on my end. When I surface attached a different wing towards the back of the bay, it's not shielded. I tried surface attaching the KSO wings near the attach node, and they are still shielded. I didn't flip the process, so it may be tied to the KSO wing still. But, I'd hazard a guess that the bounding box is including those nodes (the gear is also shielded when the bay is closed and not when the bay is open). The model looks concave there, so who knows.

I'm pretty sure the bounding box is tied to the model, which I can't fix with MM. Is there a way to force a part to not be shielded? Or maybe a node?

helldiver, what diameter is the EFT? It seems more than 2.5 meters, but if it is 2.5, could you please give us a version of it without the nosecone to use under the adapter (when you release it)? No pressure, just a suggestion. To keep the look of the whole launch stack similar to the side-mounted version...

Not for a while, not any time soon. You can use the Rockomax Jumbo for now.

Additionally, the rear end fairing for centerline mounting is for advanced players that can hand control the ascent. I've got a good craft file, but it requires skill and some experience when going up this way. It is not as easy and painless as the standard stack mounted method so I will not be promoting this is a main thing. The option will be there however for those that prefer the challenge. As awkward as that sounds.

We have a huge stack on our plate right now:

-RPM clarity fixes(done)

-Gimbal Pitch Trim fixes (done!)

-Translate Left/Right (Researching the issue)

-Rear end fairing/shroud de-coupler is giving us problems in how it separates.

Notice

v1.09 is up, be advised that we lost one test shuttle without the "craft file invalid" warning or anything. It's just there floating in space and I can't access it for some strange reason (cockpit says locked). I don't get the Kerbal cams or anything.

All other save files and test shuttles were fine. See changelog for list of updates.

Notice

v1.09 is up, be advised that we lost one test shuttle without the "craft file invalid" warning or anything. It's just there floating in space and I can't access it for some strange reason (cockpit says locked). I don't get the Kerbal cams or anything.

All other save files and test shuttles were fine. See changelog for list of updates.

Nothing in output_log.txt?

Could have hit an error at a bad time loading or other problem when loading a module.

Nothing in output_log.txt?

Could have hit an error at a bad time loading or other problem when loading a module.

Hrm, didn't check that. Thanks. Only when loading that save does my planet Kerbin get all white. There is another flight on that same save (post 1.09) and that one is just fine, no problems. Weird.

Freeman I got a very good friend working on that colour variant I posted in the Dev thread.

I was looking for that photo as a reference for this one. I couldn't find it though. It's a lot of pages to go through. I'll have to go through your posts to find it once I get home and tweak this one up a bit.

Aha! found it: moonraker-stack-1-72-finished-mrb001.jpg-22724d1268879438

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

When manually building the KSO, I find that the left/right wing flaps aren't properly aligned with the rest of the model. If placing them in line with the baked-in control surface that's already on the wing model, the edge of the flap will be indented when looking at the wing from above. And if placing the edge of the flap in line with the edge of the wing, the flap will jut out below the plane of the wing.

JTXSIhc.jpg

After searching the last hours for a nice shuttle i gave this mod a try, even it says no FAR support.

Loaded the KSO V-004 ship , went to launch-pad and expected a huge explosion.

To my surprice, this ship flys where it should go. No problems whatever , even with FAR. Works completly flawless.

UNTIL i try to seperate the red tank..... the tank seperates. But takes the whole ship with it and only seperates the cockpit away xD

With staging, manually clicking on the tank -> always cockpit gets seperated.

Am i doing something wrong?

btw: centerline and FAR dont work.. at least not for me :D

Edited by Ringkeeper

Yeah, I seeing some save file breakage in this update. I forgot I had exploded shuttle debris around the launch pad when I upgraded, and now if I try to launch anything its a stutter-fest, and I can't reclaim or abort the debris ;.;

One more career mode up in flames, and a new one is born from the ashes!!

Edited by vardicd

Yeah, I seeing some save file breakage in this update.

Yeah it happened to my last flight too, everything kept detaching from the cockpit, again and again xD

Besides, everything went good with the 0.9 DRE config.