[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Or, just do this, less code, slightly.

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
specPower = 0.1
rescaleFactor = 0.7

All I did was add the rescaleFactor = .7 and the arm fits perfectly in the bay, and functions the exact same.

Thanks. I like to do a lot of welding so I went with what I knew.

Have you thought about adding solar panels to the insides of the docking bay doors? Would make a neat way to deploy solar panels and still keep them out of the way.

Just edit the config file for the cargo bay and increase the electricity generation of the fuel cell.

You have not demonstrated that my comment was factually inaccurate.

KSP definitely runs better on Linux than Windows or crApple.

WRONG

WHAT IN GODS NAME ARE YOU THINKING!?

linux doesn'trun it better than windows or apple... (I KNOW CUZ I USE UBUNTU) point is if yur ksp crashes dueto mod usage it's the users fault not the games or the Operating system.

i'd like to see a linux user say "i've never once got a single crash or hadto use a windows emulator to play my games" because i've partitioned my drive to r\have windows AND linux. i use linux for 1 or 3 games but the rest is windows because it'slessof a pain in the ass to start up aand it's funny seeing linux people get jealous when something doesn't work for them.

By the way, I notice in all the videos of people using the KSO that everyone seems to point the nose directly at the maneuver node indicator on the NavBall without correcting for the 14 degree offset thrust of the orbiter without Boosters. Why is that? Does the KSO automatically adjust the artificial horizon to take care of this? I've always been correcting for it manually.

WRONG

linux doesn'trun it better than windows or apple... (I KNOW CUZ I USE UBUNTU) point is if yur ksp crashes dueto mod usage it's the users fault not the games or the Operating system.

i'd like to see a linux user say "i've never once got a single crash or hadto use a windows emulator to play my games" because i've partitioned my drive to r\have windows AND linux. i use linux for 1 or 3 games but the rest is windows because it'slessof a pain in the ass to start up aand it's funny seeing linux people get jealous when something doesn't work for them.

Ah I have never had a single crash and all my games work for linux...

I ran this mod with B9 and KWRocketry with 2.5 gigs of RAM with no crashes

I bring it over to windows, I have to remove B9 and KWRocketry before the game even things of of loading

Edited by DoubleOSeven1

You can do insane things with this mod! The only thing self-contained about it is the max payload LOL.

I started looking at this mod some more, like the Phase II models shown and your imgur pics, and this is definitely something I can integrate with my other ships :)

Edited by Max Q

The Eleventh of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Seventh Flight of the Tenacious! STS 111's objectives are to complete KSO Space Station Construction Phase III by deploying and installing the KSO Greenhouse Module #1, which can feed kerbals and allow them to study snack science, and then return to the KSC runway. The KSO Space Station will contain five additional planned modules, which will be brought up in the next KSO shuttle missions. Upon completion, the KSO Space Station will hold 14 Kerbals, two green houses, one telescope, a single-kerbal science lab, and over 8,000 units each of liquid fuel and oxidizer.

Most of the footage is shown in 4x speed for quick viewing.

STS 112 Will bring up the KSO Space Station Fuel Module #1.

By the way, I notice in all the videos of people using the KSO that everyone seems to point the nose directly at the maneuver node indicator on the NavBall without correcting for the 14 degree offset thrust of the orbiter without Boosters. Why is that? Does the KSO automatically adjust the artificial horizon to take care of this? I've always been correcting for it manually.

No, it doesn't correct it. Point and shoot is just easier than calculating the 14 degrees of offset (or remembering!). If you correct it manually, the maneuver will be more accurate. :)

It is, actually, but you need a bit of know how with the coding, since the only part with the name is the cockpit, installing each texture pack in turn, then changing the save name of each file, you can save the alternate textures, so you'll have each of the cockpits in your game.

So would anyone be able to help me do this, I'd like to have a couple different named shuttles and I'd like them to keep their unique names on the hull. (Additionally adding my flag and the name to the right wing (like the real Space Shuttle would be nice, but not needed).

Not asking for it to be done form me, just a template on how to do it.

WRONG

Nice gish gallop, if a bit half-hearted.

KSP currently has a bug where textures are mirrored in system ram, instead of being loaded exclusively into VRAM. As a result of this poor memory management, it attempts to access illegal memory locations if you use more than a small handful of mods on the 32-bit versions. Linux is currently the only functioning 64-bit client, which is able to address a much larger memory space, allowing you to use more than 1 or 2 large mods.

Additionally, WINE Is Not an Emulator, it is an abstraction layer which translates various OS and driver-level function calls to their linux equivalents, and with modern versions has performance parity (hell, a select few programs\games actually perform BETTER with WINE) with Windows. I've only run into a handful of games which do not work properly using WINE, with most of such incompatibility stemming from DRM - use a 'crack' and it magically works fine.

I'd like to have a couple different named shuttles and I'd like them to keep their unique names on the hull.

It's best to do this by duplicating the cockpit to a new folder (cfg file + model to be sure), then change the part name to something unique. change the model path in the MODEL {} module under that. Put the version of the kerbin_orbiter texture you want with that version of the part. Repeat for additional copies. Keep in mind you are duplicating a large texture, and ksp will be using a significant amount of extra resources if you have large duplicates of textures being used.

So would anyone be able to help me do this, I'd like to have a couple different named shuttles and I'd like them to keep their unique names on the hull. (Additionally adding my flag and the name to the right wing (like the real Space Shuttle would be nice, but not needed).

Not asking for it to be done form me, just a template on how to do it.

I am not sure how to address having multiple copies of the KSO cockpit retrieving different kerbin_orbiter.tga texture files (someone please chime in if you do know how because I'm interested too) but I can tell you from playing around with the texture that it is mirrored except for the doors on the side of the cockpit and on the lower half of the cargo bay. So whatever is applied to the texture is mirrored on the other side of the craft save for the areas I mentioned, hence why the name only appears on one side. I'm not sure why the lower cargo bay isn't mirrored (I think it's because of the KSP logo, but I can't verify at the moment).

It's best to do this by duplicating the cockpit to a new folder (cfg file + model to be sure), then change the part name to something unique. change the model path in the MODEL {} module under that. Put the version of the kerbin_orbiter texture you want with that version of the part. Repeat for additional copies.

Thanks! I'll have to try that out.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF