[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

The laptops are necessary. I expect folks to extend their use and I will eventually separate them into their own "prop" so folks can use them in their own IVA's and projects. Their footprint is small, just two 512x512 textures.

I don't suppose we could convince you to divulge any hints as to what functionality the laptops offer? :)

I have some ideas as to what they might be used for in my head, aside from Jeb playing Solitaire while docking.

I don't suppose we could convince you to divulge any hints as to what functionality the laptops offer? :)

I have some ideas as to what they might be used for in my head, aside from Jeb playing Solitaire while docking.

The laptop could be used to talk to Gene Kerman at Mission Control through some kind of Kerbal analog for Google Hangouts, FaceTime, or Skype or send pretend SSTV feed.

The laptop could be used to talk to Gene Kerman at Mission Control through some kind of Kerbal analog for Google Hangouts, FaceTime, or Skype or send pretend SSTV feed.

I *think* the ISS actually uses digital for transmitting video now.

I *think* the ISS actually uses digital for transmitting video now.

Oh, but SSTV is still cool. And Chatterer integration would be cool for realism purposes. And North Korea claims to have landed a man on the SUN! No, I'm NOT KIDDING

Thank you! I was trying to think of something "linuxy" and just couldn't think of anything.

There actually is a distro called Kubuntu (Ubuntu with the KDE window manager). So Kerbuntu sounds fairly Kerbal and Linux.

Oh, but SSTV is still cool. And Chatterer integration would be cool for realism purposes. And North Korea claims to have landed a man on the SUN! No, I'm NOT KIDDING

That was a Joke post by a fake newspaper website. They have a disclaimer on the site saying anything and everything they post is fake...

Try a texture compressor.... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

i run out of mods that I want to install before I come anywhere close to running into the memory wall. Yes, there is a texture quality drop. For me the overhead gained and numerous additional heavy mods it allows me to run... I'll cope.

P.S, I run mid 2's on memory usage with all the usual suspect heavy mods AND the cloud mod. Without the compressor I was barely able to run clouds alone with our hitting the wall.

Hey LawnDartLeo, what graphics setting do you run in the KSP graphics options (quarter, half or full res)? The only way I can get mid 2s on memory usage is to remove the clouds mod and run KSP at 1/4 res. This was when I also had texture compressor running. Any higher res and my machine hits the wall. I can tolerate 1/4 res as the improved frame rate makes it worth it.

Hey LawnDartLeo, what graphics setting do you run in the KSP graphics options (quarter, half or full res)? The only way I can get mid 2s on memory usage is to remove the clouds mod and run KSP at 1/4 res. This was when I also had texture compressor running. Any higher res and my machine hits the wall. I can tolerate 1/4 res as the improved frame rate makes it worth it.

holy... hmm i have a decent rig set up so i can do half res with texture compressor and about 80 or so mods... what mods are you running?

holy... hmm i have a decent rig set up so i can do half res with texture compressor and about 80 or so mods... what mods are you running?

Yeah definitely not 80 mods at once. Might be time for a new machine me thinks. I've only got the following mods:

KW rocketry

Procedural Fairings

Mechjeb

Chatterer

Remotetech 2

Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter

Texture Compressor

BobCat's Soviet pack

KOSMOS station parts

I had to remove clouds & cities and kethane and drop to 1/4 res just to get decent frame rates. Now that I'm getting an understanding of what others are achieving I know what my limiting factor is, it's the whole rig and I'm not going to get any further improvements. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah definitely not 80 mods at once. Might be time for a new machine me thinks. I've only got the following mods:

KW rocketry

Procedural Fairings

Mechjeb

Chatterer

Remotetech 2

Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter

Texture Compressor

BobCat's Soviet pack

KOSMOS station parts

I had to remove clouds & cities and kethane and drop to 1/4 res just to get decent frame rates. Now that I'm getting an understanding of what others are achieving I know what my limiting factor is, it's the whole rig and I'm not going to get any further improvements. Thanks for the heads up.

woah there dude i wasn't saying get a better rig i was just saying i'm running like 60 mods that just contain one or two parts/plugins.

komos has been known to be memory hungry. try removing it then putting the clouds and the other mods in then highering your res

I'm trying to recreate Discovery from Stephen Baxter's novel: Titan. I'm using Dauntless, but I'm landing on Laythe instead of Titan in this case. I'll post more details later.

oh i remember that book although its been a while... good luck

Also love this mod, can't wait for phase 2!!!! :cool:

oh i remember that book although its been a while... good luck

I just finished reading the book about a couple of days ago. I'm having trouble getting the engines right, and I'll use one of the reactors from interstellar, the Apollo CSMs and F-1 engines from FASA and the Phase 2 hydroponics lab. I may have to modify the wings though.

woah there dude i wasn't saying get a better rig i was just saying i'm running like 60 mods that just contain one or two parts/plugins.

komos has been known to be memory hungry. try removing it then putting the clouds and the other mods in then highering your res

Thanks for that mate. My desktop is 5 years old and I'm looking for any excuse to update to a new rig but I can't justify it at the moment as the one I've got keeps running. I'll cull some parts out of the packs I've got installed and give it another go. Thanks for the tips.

I just finished reading the book about a couple of days ago. I'm having trouble getting the engines right, and I'll use one of the reactors from interstellar, the Apollo CSMs and F-1 engines from FASA and the Phase 2 hydroponics lab. I may have to modify the wings though.

CAN I HAZ YOUR AVATAR PLZ!??? (joking)

seriously your making me jealous XD (joking again)

The Twenty-Second of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Eighteenth Flight of the Tenacious! STS 122's objective's are to dock with the KSO Space Station, take on fuel, perform a Jool system fly-by, and return to the KSC Runway!

Most of the footage is shown in 8x speed for quick viewing, while some is at 20x.

STS 123 will be the first in an Eve Space Station series!

The Twenty-Second of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Eighteenth Flight of the Tenacious! STS 122's objective's are to dock with the KSO Space Station, take on fuel, perform a Jool system fly-by, and return to the KSC Runway!

Most of the footage is shown in 8x speed for quick viewing, while some is at 20x.

STS 123 will be the first in an Eve Space Station series!

There is no MECO, only Zuul...

Has anyone using Deadly Reentry managed to land this yet?

Yes many times. Just never once on the runway at KSC. I still cannot pick the correct deorbit burn point from a 100 km orbit. I have always either undershot or overshot the runway. I also have RealChutes installed and have fitted two drag chutes to the rear of the KSO and they help reduce my velocity greatly for a nice gentle touchdown (like I said just never on the runway - usually in the water 20km east of the end of the strip).

Guys need to be a little patient. I'm going full steam and not to boast, but I don't know of many mod projects that can pump out this much stuff this fast.

So as a result of not meeting this week's deadline as I was hoping, I'm posting pics of the KerbaLab which is 95% completed.

I can't give a definitive date since it would put too much pressure on Nazari and I do not want to make the same mistakes we did when we released the KSOS Phase I. Phase II will get tested first thoroughly before I upload it. Please do not message me about testing. We've already selected a few folks from this thread and I'll be contacting them once everything is in game.

Progress Update

-SST IVA, Done!

-Habitat IVA, Done!

-KerbaLab IVA, 95-99% Done!

To Do

-Hydroponics Lab IVA, 80% Done!

-Observation Deck, 10% so far.

-Get it in game.

Again thank you for the support and my apologies for not getting this out sooner but I'm working as fast as I can. Version 2.0 will include all fixes to the KSOS up to this point plus all of this current content. We will do a RasterProp Monitor (HUD and ADI), FAR, and MechJab study once 2.0 is out.

U4sshvw.jpg

qHkPISs.jpg

ikH2R1W.jpg

This is amazing. I might not even use some of these for stations. With the way the IVAs are set up, they would work brilliantly as base modules. Also, does the Lab module have the Stock science lab functionality, or is it more like the functionality of interstellar? Or had you not thought of that? :P