[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

No, this may be a Linux compatibility related issue. We'll look into it in 1.10 which is coming soon.

@Westi29; are you also using Linux?

And no, multiple shuttles is not planned until Squad fixes memory handling. Otherwise we'd have to swamp people with resources.

Just a thought, only the cockpit shows the name, wouldn't it be possible to just change the name of the cockpit part, and assign it the different skin with the alternate name, and then you can have multiple shuttles, and only add one part?

It seems like no matter how many times i try i cannot survive atmospheric reentry. I use FAR and Deadly Reentry and even with the newest patches nothing works. First the shuttle comes screaming into the atmosphere at ridiculous speeds not slowing down, then at about 35 km i see effects yet Deadly Reentry says the parts are only at like 350 degrees C, and the ablative shielding is barely, BARELY (at like 0.3 per second) wearing down, then suddenly my wings explode and so do the landing gear and it all goes downhill from there, any help? :P

I can get it through reentry, but you can't have a periasis lower than 20 K or it will come apart.

The problem is that the texture that the name is in is FRIGGIN HUGE and takes up a lot of RAM. Helldiver did it this way to cut down on the amount of textures, and to reuse as many textures as possible.

What I came here to say: The shuttle is unlandable with FAR, at least on my pc. I've only successfully landed it once. The problem is that it doesn't really have any drag when FAR is installed, which means that it'll still be moving at 1.6 km/s at 10 kilometers after reentry. The only thing that slows it down is turns and climbs, and even when I got it below 100 m/s (which was hard) it didn't want to stay on the runway. Maybe this problem could be looked into?

EDIT: Oh, and a suggestion: How about a variation on the current nosecone, that can fold back and reveal a docking port?

The shuttle has a built in air-brake, and if that doesn't help you enough, I use real-chutes, which includes a drag chute, for just that purpose. It slows aircraft coming in for landings.

Just a thought, only the cockpit shows the name, wouldn't it be possible to just change the name of the cockpit part, and assign it the different skin with the alternate name, and then you can have multiple shuttles, and only add one part?

This is definitely possible and I wouldn't mind that at all.

However, because we're still in a test, buggy, state with lots of changes coming in, I'd rather we wait until the KSO is fully stable before I put up alternate downloads for copies of the same part. It will make things easier for me.

As it is keeping track of the alternate texture pack plus the alternate names when ever we update something is becoming a chore.

For example 1.10 updated all those textures...

Hey Helldiver and Nazari. Just wanted to say really great work. This is easily up there as one of my favorite mods. I definitely love the direction this project has taken and is continuing to go in. Your dedication to it really shows in game. Keep it up, and thank you so much!

No I run an iMac haha.

anyone else smell bullcrap? thought so. oh not you iMac guy i qouted the wrong thing...

sorry i'm pissed after i relized that the example MFDs work but not your ghost folder or the PNGs inside it.

i'm going to try repathing the HUD to the example MFD folder and it's respective PNG and report my findings.

also what's the string/wording to change a colour of a texture ingame? i know the background HUD colour is "backgroundcolour 0,255,0,20" so is it just "colour 0,255,0,255" ? is this fixes the problem then i'll tell you... also i'll be dancing like a fairy

EDIT: ok nevermind i'll just wait till 1.10... if it's not fixed by then i'm uninstalling it :/ shame cuz everything else is fantastic!

Edited by AntiMatter001

sorry i'm pissed after i relized that the example MFDs work but not your ghost folder or the PNGs inside it.

I set up the MFDs. I've been using customized versions of RPM since the first version was released. I also pass all changes to helldiver to test with me. Would you like to actually describe your issue and give us a bug report? Because after about 4500 downloads, one person saying "your folder and pngs don't work" isn't very helpful.

anyone else smell bullcrap? thought so. oh not you iMac guy i qouted the wrong thing...

i'm going to try repathing the HUD to the example MFD folder and it's respective PNG and report my findings.

also what's the string/wording to change a colour of a texture ingame? i know the background HUD colour is "backgroundcolour 0,255,0,20" so is it just "colour 0,255,0,255" ? is this fixes the problem then i'll tell you... also i'll be dancing like a fairy

EDIT: ok nevermind i'll just wait till 1.10... if it's not fixed by then i'm uninstalling it :/ shame cuz everything else is fantastic!

We have not looked at your issue specifically. We are still trying to get feedback on Linux issues. Once 110 was out of the way, we'll be looking at this.

Hopefully Nazari can take a look and we can figure out what the issue is.

We have not looked at your issue specifically. We are still trying to get feedback on Linux issues. Once 110 was out of the way, we'll be looking at this.

Hopefully Nazari can take a look and we can figure out what the issue is.

ok you two hold up a sec... thanks for the update i'll test it now. until i have a "EDIT: Doesn't work" i sugest you guys take it easy XP upgrading this mod is tough (how do i know... i have a bloody minecraft mod to upgrade very reguraly) and i'll try describe it as best as i can... maybe get some pics to show you... but it might be a big description.

Question: Is it possible to change the CFG of these Boosters from being a Liquid Fuel Booster to being a Solid one ??? Why i would do that ? Well i like solid more =D But well because i tried that but at launch the Solid one became a Liquid one.

I just have to say again how great this work is. I was totally geeking out at the shuttle itself, the detail of the textures, and how it all comes together so nicely. Also thanks for introducing me to the MFD's which now show up in all of the cockpits.

I assembled the shuttle myself last night, launched it, freaked out at the separation of the spinning boosters (I had set them up with sepatrons as well, and I think it was luck that helped me out), and had plenty of fuel to make it to the station I have in orbit where I docked the shuttle. It looks great, and fills a nice gap in my line up of vessels.

Thanks again for all the hard work, and thanks beforehand for the new docking adapter :)

F6pCAED.png

this is what i mean :/ it comes up but the HUD is balcked out but the text (coming from exampleMFD folder) isn't... i was checking the configs for both but i can't see what the problem is...

dzPmEJB.png

see the example HUD is there on the moniter but your's isn't :/ i can'tgive any more details then that... unless you ask then i'll see.

Edited by AntiMatter001

Question: Is it possible to change the CFG of these Boosters from being a Liquid Fuel Booster to being a Solid one ??? Why i would do that ? Well i like solid more =D But well because i tried that but at launch the Solid one became a Liquid one.

change the input resource and the resource amount... i think...

change the input resource and the resource amount... i think...

Well thats what i did. But when i get on the Launchpad the Solid Rocket Booster changes to the Liquid one that comes with the mod. Funny thing is that, when it is changing back to the Liquid one it contains Solid Fuel, but it is using the Liquid one.

@AntiMatter001

Just to be sure; have you tried a clean install of the KSO system? Delete all folders in GameData except Squad (or move your mods to a temporary folder).

Drag and drop our GameData (overwriting your GameData) and try again. Create a new game and load up v-005. Screenshot the result.

If you had done this already and are still getting that result, we will have to research it some more or move the bug up to a higher power (Hyomoto).

@AntiMatter001

Just to be sure; have you tried a clean install of the KSO system? Delete all folders in GameData except Squad (or move your mods to a temporary folder).

Drag and drop our GameData (overwriting your GameData) and try again. Create a new game and load up v-005. Screenshot the result.

If you had done this already and are still getting that result, we will have to research it some more or move the bug up to a higher power (Hyomoto).

the first sceenshot WAS a fresh install... and why is it hyomotos problem? oh i do have his "patch"(KSOKSI patch 1_1d) installed... i'll try something then get back to you

no it isn't the patch or anything... i don't see how it's hyomoto if it's your hud that's acting up and not his... i mean everything coming from the hyomoto folder works...

sorry for being a pain in the ass about this... oh intresting thing. i get sceenshots of the HUDs and it's the same thing. the numbers figures and warning things work but the actual hud is black

jWqow2N.png

this is from my screenshots folder... idk how it got there but i'm glad it shows what i see ingame

Edited by AntiMatter001

Ahh... how beautiful can mods get? This is truly a work of art (not modern art, though. All you need to do that type of art is to throw a tomato at a wall a couple of times). What I'd like as well is to be able to christen it a custom name, or maybe a pack full of names from actual shuttles, like Explorer or Atlantis, etc. Thanks. I couldn't care less if you took my idea and make it happen OR if you didn't use it at all. God speed. May phase Two be made with the same care and patients as phase One.

Well thats what i did. But when i get on the Launchpad the Solid Rocket Booster changes to the Liquid one that comes with the mod. Funny thing is that, when it is changing back to the Liquid one it contains Solid Fuel, but it is using the Liquid one.

You copied the liquid booster and changed the fuel type, but didn't change the Name and Title lines in the file. That's fine in the VAB, but when you go to the Launch Pad the game can't tell which one actually you want because of the duplicate Names and Titles. So, it gives you whichever booster loaded first when you started KSP.

Edited by RoboRay

He probably means since I spent more time building displays I might know. Unfortunately I do not. But, it does remind me of an issue that I've had where my HUD elements turn white rather than black which has been holding back my next release. I can't tell you to put up with the issues if it isn't working but I will ask you leave us with what you can before you go! We need to find out what the common link between you and Westi is: operating system? GFX card? Any non-default texture/shader settings in the game or driver control panel?

The common theme here is it's only happening to JSIHeadsUpDisplay, which I don't yet use due to some display bugs (yours are different but may be indicative of a bigger problem). This may be an RPM issue I've talked to Mihara about and outside of mine or Helldiver's control.