[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Damn, I would love those textures if you dont mind sharing. >.<

May as well nip this in the bud now;

-Although you are free to edit the data resources used by the KSOS project, as per the license, you may not repost such changes and alterations for public download.

-Link to the license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Data resources are Textures and 3D Geometry data.

The main gear is at the correct location where I designed it and aft of the CG when properly set up in a landing configuration. What you are experiencing is either:

-Coming in with too much fuel.

-Improper use of the KSO instead of what it was designed to do (using it like an airplane or SSTO?).

-Weight changes based on load or fuel.

-SAS Torque may be fighting you and causing it to tip back on its tail.

Suggestions:

-Follow proper procedures as described in your owner's manual... (in other words, it's not an airplane :D )

-Return to KSC with less than 90 Liquid Fuel. This would be lower depending on the load you're bringing back. 0 Fuel is optimum.

-Use SAS until touchdown. Apply brakes liberally until the nose touches down. Once you're at a safe taxing speed, turn off SAS. Keeping in mind that what makes you tip up is really the strength of the SAS.

-Reduce the amount of SAS you're using by turning the torque off at the nose (if you're using the docking nosecone).

You caught me!

I actually did make it into an ssto but decided to discontinue production due to "design violations". She made it to orbit but I don't think intake stacking with the way I was doing it was "realistic", so I decided to reinforce my own personal rule for ssto's:

1) Every engine requires either an engine nacelle or intercooler

2) Every intercooler/nacelle must, on some level, be attached to an intake

3) Every intake must be exposed to kerbin atmosphere to take in oxidizer

4) The ssto must NOT violate the laws of aerodynamics or be an exploit of KSP game dynamics

I just wanted to see if I could do it... and I did.

And how about changing the engine sfx? I have some excellent sfx for engines from the ARP mod I downloaded, and would like to use them on the KSO to beef up the engines.

-Although you are free to edit the data resources used by the KSOS project, as per the license, you may not repost such changes and alterations for public download.

If they are made and the one making em asked if you will support them in your download will that be acceptable? I ask this as 1: it allows other players to get what they would liek for a texture and 2: your not pulled from other more important things to make textures for stuff already made.

Just trying to find even ground for those out there that like some of the textures that others are coming out with, as with questions that come to mind so someones else that has the same doesn't feel stupid asking. Also Does a private download IE for one or two other people violate said licensing?

Although I have received requests, I have been ignoring them because you mentioned somewhere previously in this thread that we're not allowed to redistribute.

If they are made and the one making em asked if you will support them in your download will that be acceptable?

I don't think I fully understand. But that would be a no, the only textures supported are the ones I make.

This is for various reasons

-All the textures are constantly being updated. That includes Kerbin_Orbiter.tga. In fact, v1.13 included changes. Many of them are hardly noticeable, but they are there. That means anyone changing them may end up with a version that is outdated and its UVWs may not line up. There are certain islands for example (the old ASAS fuselage segment) that I will be changing as additional parts get added. The KSOS project uses very large textures that are shared by various parts. As I add more to the project through the various phases parts are added to the large textures you guys already have.

-I'm not opening up the naming or design to the community. For various reasons, but for one, back in the Kerbin Shuttle development thread a huge argument started as to what it should or shouldn't be named. Each poster had their own idea what color it should be, what name it should be and so on.

-This is the purpose of the Blank texture. It allows you to maintain a PSD with your changes and always have the latest kerbin_orbiter.tga texture. That is as far as I'm going to take it.

Also Does a private download IE for one or two other people violate said licensing?

It actually does. But if you're just going to share your texture customization with a friend through PM I don't see a problem with that :D

-Improper use of the KSO instead of what it was designed to do (using it like an airplane or SSTO?).

awe... does that mean my SSTO is "illagal" on the grounds of "shooting the shuttle out of a cannon does not justify "proper" use of said shuttle"

and i so wanted it to be an SSTO

EDIT: oh! if i use LLLs counter weights i can get it to stay stable on the ground with fuel! SSTO we are back in business... now where did i put that cannon...

The Seventeenth of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Thirteenth Flight of the Tenacious! STS 117's objectives are to deploy the Eve Scout Probe, return to the KSC runway, and land the probe on the surface of Eve! Let's just say I've had better landings...

Most of the footage is shown in 4x speed for quick viewing, while some is at 8x.

STS 118 Will launch a probe to the Jool system.

-Coming in with too much fuel.

-Weight changes based on load or fuel.

I tried experimenting with this by making a welded part.cfg of the commandkso, cgholdkso, and rearkso parts so any fuel in the tank is balanced between them, but it doesn't play well with the multiple animations. I was wondering if it had to do with the animation names being the same (Take001). I don't honestly know if unique animation names would correct the problem though.

awe... does that mean my SSTO is "illagal" on the grounds of "shooting the shuttle out of a cannon does not justify "proper" use of said shuttle"

and i so wanted it to be an SSTO

EDIT: oh! if i use LLLs counter weights i can get it to stay stable on the ground with fuel! SSTO we are back in business... now where did i put that cannon...

He's just saying he's not going to waste his time supporting such things. SUPPORT is the key word here. If he's not supporting your use and your use leads to issues, then don't bother coming here and asking for support. He's not saying it's "illegal", just that he's not going to help each of the 1 billion permutations people could make with his parts.

It's a very reasonable thing to do, limiting the scope of your support. It's also incredibly gracious that he offers any 100% FREE support for his 100% FREE parts pack that is definitely of professional caliber.

He's just saying he's not going to waste his time supporting such things. SUPPORT is the key word here. If he's not supporting your use and your use leads to issues, then don't bother coming here and asking for support. He's not saying it's "illegal", just that he's not going to help each of the 1 billion permutations people could make with his parts.

It's a very reasonable thing to do, limiting the scope of your support. It's also incredibly gracious that he offers any 100% FREE support for his 100% FREE parts pack that is definitely of professional caliber.

like i said... i found a fix and it works. idc if helldriver doesn't want to help. not his problem and not mine. just means less trouble for him.

Putting my progress so far behind a spoiler in case folks wish to wait to see the final.

It's getting there. Still have a few more pieces to finish up and then I have to assemble everything back together plus some re-centering.

I'm moving right into the IVA soon as this step is done so Nazari will get one large ready to go project

Click to view

Will have a better more complete preview with all the stuff included in Phase II tonight or tomorrow.

Put this mod in my 0.23 install and it just crashes on load :(

This a common thing ?

Nope

Could be one of many things. Too many mods perhaps?

Putting my progress so far behind a spoiler in case folks wish to wait to see the final.

It's getting there. Still have a few more pieces to finish up and then I have to assemble everything back together plus some re-centering.

I'm moving right into the IVA soon as this step is done so Nazari will get one large ready to go project

Click to view

Will have a better more complete preview with all the stuff included in Phase II tonight or tomorrow.

Nope

Wow that is amazing helldiver great job

Click to view

Nope

Those look great helldiver! I can't wait to create a station with these! :)

Click to view

Nope

i think i just drooled on my laptop

The Eighteenth of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Fourteenth Flight of the Tenacious! STS 118's objectives are to deploy the Jool System Probe, return to the KSC runway, and tour the inner Jool system before splashing down on Laythe!

Most of the footage is shown in 4x speed for quick viewing, while some is at 8x.

STS 119 Will be the first in a three-part manned Duna series.

just took my new shuttle for a testride (and crashed it later on the runway)

amazing mod! the only thing, which i don't like are the attachmentpoints in teh cargobay. adding stockparts stuff (like stock stataöites) is difficult. =/

nevertheless: AWESOME MOD !