[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

@Westi29 and @AntiMatter and anyone else running Macs that are having the HUD not showing up or is black as well as the ADI.

http://www./download/rjedt1anjdd0e52/HUD_ADI_Fixes.zip

Please download this hotfix and take a screenshot of your result.

This is a manual install and assumes you know what you are doing:

Navigate to, Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSO/

Delete the folder RPM

Extract the archive (HUD_ADI_Fixes.zip). Place the RPM folder from the archive into Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSO thereby restoring your RPM folder.

You cannot simply overwrite the RPM folder with this one, you have to delete it so that KSP uses the right textures.

-Changes:

-Replaced PNGs with TGAs. Will see if there are issues with the PNG format I'm using.

-Changes to the ADI display to have better contrast on the ladder as well as moving the RPM information so that it doesn't sit on top of the speed and altitude tapes.

Please take a screenshot of your result.

Note, this will not fix the Blue ADI bug

-The blue ADI bug is linked to the Orbital display and may be a bug with the RPM renderer as users have experienced it with other RPM features (outside the KSO). This bug is benign and to make it go away all you have to do is cycle the MFD to another page and then back to the ADI.

-This bug is linked to using the same prop name. In the future we will export all the screens as independent props. The reason I know this, is because the bug occurs on the ADI which is really just a retextured HUD. The HUDs don't suffer from the bug because they are separate props from the six screens. Yet the six screens tend to affect one another with the bug when you turn on the orbital display and flip an adjacent screen to the ADI page.

-I will try and squeeze the fix in before version 2.0 of the KSOS, but we'll see how the schedule goes.

i run linux not Mac and it doesn't work (still) but it sorta... flashes...

nope wait that was my mistake i'll try do it porperly now. nope this doesn't work.

Edited by AntiMatter001

I'm not sure what your point is. Different hardware can have different and or no problems. I don't have the black HUD problem. I'm not calling out others on it just because we have the same mods/plugins.

Im on a Macbook Pro, with OSX Lion 10.7.5, 2.2GHz i7, 4GB of RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M. I had initial issues with RPM not loading, but that was solved by updating all of the JSI, RPM, MFD, MechJeb2RPM and SCANsatRPM files at the same time. All of my issues disappeared. So I'm curious as to whether or not it's really a client-side issue or if it's an error occurring between the chair and keyboard.

Thanks for this awesome mod. Never mind the pile of wrecked KSOs left from my attempts to land it while running FAR.

Pretty much how I've spent my morning, much to Jeb's chagrin.

Edited by sharpspoonful

So I'm curious as to whether or not it's really a client-side issue or if it's an error occurring between the chair and keyboard.

Pretty much.

Hence I switched those PNGs to TGAs to rule out any other possibility. We have Linux users without any problems after updating to the latest versions and we have Mac users who haven't reported problems either.

I really like the cute little shuttle. And really looking forward to the additional parts. Im wondering if there is any plans to make the mini shuttle more customizable (ie longer cargo bay and things of that nature by making the parts more modular etc. Sorry if this is a stupid question

Does it work with FAR now? Last I heard, ferram and others were struggling to make it work well

There are a few config files floating around this thread, but as helldiver's already said, the priority will be the parts, maybe things like DRE, Far and Mechjeb will be sorted when they are sorted.

Also, it is already pretty flyable in FAR already, just the landing is... tricky.... *ahem*

This is mysterious.

If I recall, Antimatter said when he replaced his with the stock Hyomoto Mod, the HUD showed up just fine. Keep in mind we use the same exact settings. Only thing changed is the PNG artwork and only minimally.

@Wesi29; you deleted your RPM folder found in KSO, and replaced it with the one in the download right?

Im on a Macbook Pro, with OSX Lion 10.7.5, 2.2GHz i7, 4GB of RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M. I had initial issues with RPM not loading, but that was solved by updating all of the JSI, RPM, MFD, MechJeb2RPM and SCANsatRPM files at the same time. All of my issues disappeared. So I'm curious as to whether or not it's really a client-side issue or if it's an error occurring between the chair and keyboard.

Sounds about right.

There are a few config files floating around this thread, but as helldiver's already said, the priority will be the parts, maybe things like DRE, Far and Mechjeb will be sorted when they are sorted.

Also, it is already pretty flyable in FAR already, just the landing is... tricky.... *ahem*

MechJeb handles the KSO just fine so long as you tweak the ascent profile and do your roll manually. And you can always kill maneuver nodes within the last m/s or so its not chasing it around the navball. Remember, no mod will ever replace the player.

MechJeb handles the KSO just fine so long as you tweak the ascent profile and do your roll manually. And you can always kill maneuver nodes within the last m/s or so its not chasing it around the navball. Remember, no mod will ever replace the player.

Well, technically that's not completely accurate. What's more to the point though is, why would you want the mod to replace the player? Then you're not playing.

Well, technically that's not completely accurate. What's more to the point though is, why would you want the mod to replace the player? Then you're not playing.

It really depends, if you're going for realism, MechJeb is more suitable because space programs use autopilot in the real world.

If you're going for realism, use kOS or something. MechJeb is a rather dumb, simplistic autopilot that is only really good for providing flight data for you. A real rocket is precisely programmed for a specific mission, and things happen at specified velocity and altitude. MechJeb can't even do a roll program unless you hold it's hand through it.

If you're going for realism, use kOS or something. MechJeb is a rather dumb, simplistic autopilot that is only really good for providing flight data for you. A real rocket is precisely programmed for a specific mission, and things happen at specified velocity and altitude. MechJeb can't even do a roll program unless you hold it's hand through it.

Why don't you take the mechjeb discussion over to its own thread or keep it too yourself, know one cares if you like it or not. Let's keep this thread uncluttered!

Why don't you take the mechjeb discussion over to its own thread or keep it too yourself, know one cares if you like it or not. Let's keep this thread uncluttered!

I do care. I donøt see a problem with threads going a little offtopic - it happesns all the time, and they always get back on track again. Dragon01 just commented on Razorcane's opinion, which he should be allowed to do. It's much easier to do it here, than to go over to the MechJeb thread, where they'll just drop in with a mechjeb discussion that noone else in that thread knows where came from. If the discussion goes to over ~10 posts, then yes, they should take it somewhere else. But as long as it's just a few posts, there's no problem in them discussing mechjeb.

i don't get people who want this game to be like real life... i mean if you WANT to see a rocket go up and come down without fail watch the apollo missions and stuff.... it seems sort of pointless putting realism into a game with GREEN people who have planets tha are named nicely so people laugh and say "yay this sounds similar to this" and sutff...

sorry for that lil rant... i just think that... you know... it's a GAME... your SUPPOSED to crash every 3 to 4 times a day.... that's what makes it FUN!

Note, this will not fix the Blue ADI bug

-The blue ADI bug is linked to the Orbital display and may be a bug with the RPM renderer as users have experienced it with other RPM features (outside the KSO). This bug is benign and to make it go away all you have to do is cycle the MFD to another page and then back to the ADI.

This bug is news to me. What are the circumstances for triggering it (on the ground, in flight, ???)? When it happens, is there anything out of the ordinary in the KSP logs? I've tinkered with JSIOrbitalDisplay a bit since the 0.14 release, so, if someone is willing to give it a go, please tell me if the latest RPM dev build changes the outcome.