[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

Update: KittopiaTech is now being developed by Thomas P and the Kopernicus team over at this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116356-105-kopernicus-kittopiatech-a-kopernicus-visual-editor-21-nov/ . Go there for updates and stuff.

Please note, this plugin is DISCONTINUED until otherwise specified. More information for this can be found on page 14 (After that forum move?) of this thread.

Presenting: The KittopiaTech Terraformer's toolbox! An in game planet editor.

This tool can be used to edit planetary "PQS" in-game. A powerful tool in the right hands...

As an example, I Terraformed Minmus, using nothing but this in-game UI. (Todo, create a better image)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Its fairly feature complete, only a few GUI bugs to fix, and a few tools to complete, but it should be viable for full on editing, even on stock planets.

It can save and load, and will load all available data on game start, to allow user terraformed planets to persist.

Download Latest Version

Source code on github:

GitHub

Debug Minmus:

Download | Alternative file (.zip)

Large scale particles on Kerbol:

Download

Changelog:

v0.192

-Bugfix for scaling planets with rings

v0.19

-Preliminary groundscatter editing.

-debug messages added to texture importing. It still seems broken.

V0.183

-Linux bugfix

-Texture importing for MapSO "fixed" save/load not fully tested

-License change to help me control my IP better, will not effect many.

V0.182

-Recompiled for .90, UI should open again.

V0.181

-Bug fix in ring rotation lock.

-Additional stuff, not yet fully operational.

v0.18

-Bugfix in with ocean texturing

V0.175

-Changes to HazardOcean, requires CFG rebuilds. and larger heat rates. 1000 should create rapid heating.

-Changes to ring "Lock rotation"

-Unlit option added to rings.

note: Ring configs will need to be regenerated, or have "Unlit" and "LockRot" Boolean values added.

V0.1741

-Compiled against 64bit .242, should be compatible now.

V0.174

-bugfixes

-Sun Shader value editing

V0.172

-More help options

-Small fixes

V0.17

-Added basic ingame documentation, will add to the database and create remaining buttons.

-Fixed upload not containing SaveLoad

V0.16

-Starfix fixes

-Can now colour flares, lights still have strange behaviour... I still need to hack the sunshader, one step closer to custom stars, though!

V0.155

-Added AtmosphereFromGround sun target fix... Not sure how it will work for real-time modified bodies.

V0.15

-Changed Colour editor

-Changed Vector editor

-Added scaledspace particle emitter and editor

-Added hazard ocean module

-Bugfixes

-Changed UI scale slightly

V0.141

-Small hotfix

V0.14

-Ocean Adding now works

-Ocean texture importing now works

-Added link to optional sample file

V0.131

-hotfixed reference bodies in orbit params

V0.13

-Textures from scaledspace save and load

-Bugfixes

-More options

V0.125

-Hotfix to save orbit colours

-Add Ocean may work now

V0.12

-Orbit editor improvements

-Orbit colour editor

-Ability to change scaledspace atmo texture, the default is black, so it deletes stuff like the green glow on Jool

-Default ring texture is now an external file, and loads correctly.

-Minor bugfixes

V0.115

-Added Alpha transparency to rings, looks better.

v0.11

-Hotfix, small ring changes.

v0.1

-RINGS!!!

-Fixed v0.095 so it actually works.

-Changed saving and loading to work better.

v0.095

-Quick update to allow repositioning of the windows.

v0.09

-Fixed ocean tools

-Added PQS selector

-Backend stuff to make future tools/functions easier.

-Made loading more stable, but its still broken beyond belief... I will try my hardest to fix this.

v0.085

-Hotfix for a few problems I found.

V0.08

-Added Starfix module.

V0.076

-Changed loading back to "Universal", will need to investigate.

V0.075

-Quickfix for loading, orbits load correctly now.

V0.07

-Will now save and load on a per-save-file basis

V0.06

-Orbits can now be saved and loaded

V0.05

-Added vector manipulation, should have tested this before pushing out but oh well...

V0.04

-Orbit editor

-PQSAdder

-Ui improvements

V0.03

-Fixed template selection cutting off last planet

V0.02

-Fixed silly little error.

How to use: While in-game, press "Control" and "P", and select a 'template', from there, change values to whatever looks good.

There are a few known bugs:

1) Inputs are a bit finicky, I will try to fix one day.

2) Updating scaledspace will hang the game. I'm not sure if its fixable without sacrificing quality at this stage.

3) Some tools are not implemented yet...

4) Use the starfix module at your own risk! Don't try making Kerbin a "Fixed Star", for instance. ( It does actually work... )

5) Texture importing is wierd

Fix remaining bugs.

Add missing tools.

Smooth GUI layout.

My development roadmap:

-Technical:

==Loading models/textures for height map/scatter/PQSCity ( 33% done )

==Fix bugs

==Texture exporter (80% done)

==PlanetFactory/RSS compatible CFG exporter. (Partial)

==Easier scaledspace updates, currently hangs the game.

-Modules:

-GUI:

==Better looking/easier GUI (Its much better than V0.01 now for sure)

==Improve colour picker GUI (Almost perfect)

-Gameplay:

==Terraforming parts (Work has begun, atmospheric reprocessing is about 50% complete)

==tech tree integration for said parts

-Other:

==Mirror in case Dropbox overloads.

==Tutorials (Video, images , text, etc.) (Ingame information added, still needs more work)

==Document the various PQSMods (In progress )

*(?) means I'm unsure.

Some may wander what the Starfix is? It is a fix I wrote to allow instantiated "Suns" to emit light like Kerbol does, it probably even works with solar panels!

(Note, My version supports x-Star systems)

Credit to:

jfredett, for helping me select a better licencing plan. Copyright laws give me a headache.

Kragrathea, for creating some of the utilitys used in this plugin, and for PlanetFactory. The thing that inspired me to make this.

The kind people at the #KSPModders IRC

Github user: joedavis, Linux fix. Thanks :D

License:

PLEASE NOTE:

As of version 0.183, this plugin is licensed as followed:

The plugin dll and all related code, with the exception of utility code developed by forum user "Kragrathea" in which all necessary permissions have been given, is free for anyone to use and learn from.

Free redistribution and modification is allowed, Under the following restrictions: One may NOT make any form of profit from the plugin authors (KCreators) work. This includes advertisement revenue or reward type websites chosen at the authors discretion.

Redistributions and modifications require some form of credit towards the plugin author( KCreator ).

Files generated by this plugin are free to use for any purpose. The plugin author is not responsible for any damage that may be incurred through the use of the plugin. Any and all contributions to this plugin will be accredited.

The plugin author reserves all rights to modify the license as needed.

Kerbal Space Program is a copyright of Squad, and as such, Squad has the ability to override any and all restrictions on this plugin.

This plugin and its source code is licenced under Creative Commons "Attribution-ShareAlike CC BY-SA", except when otherwise stated in the source code. Such as the utility code I got permission to use from Kragrathea.

This plugin is provided "As-Is", and to be used at the users own risk (Not that there is any real damage that can be done, and I will work on fixing bugs reported)

Files generated from this plugin can be used and distributed at the users discretion, however, I forbid monetisation using "Pay-Per-Download" Sites ( Such as "ad.fly" or any other site choses at the plugin authors discretion), and/or various forms of advertisement revenue. Permission may be granted at the authors discretion to be exempt from said restriction.

Kerbal Space Program is a copyright of Squad, and as such, Squad has the ability to override any and all licence restrictions on this plugin, should they so choose.

Edited by KCreator
Updates

Download link is technically not applicable at this stage, I still need to iron out some details... I would like to see community feedback as to if anyone would use a tool, and what additional ability's it should have.

For example: Should I grant it the ability to load textures? or extract/load models for things like PQSCity. Should I create a component system for special planet types, if so, what things should be done? I can only hope this project is interesting enough for people to use...

Its entirely possible, but I will have to experiment. The main issue in this case is how to edit the key parentsphere with a value of 'PQS' in the UI. But it should be easy enough. I hope the camera relocates along with the object, though... Or you might have a tough time launching ships!

edit:

UPDATE:

separated code from test plugin.

A few new editor functions have been implemented and a few bugs fixed. Ocean tools still broken

Edited by KCreator
stuff

Oh, oops. forgot that critical info... While in-game, press control + p, and select a "template", from there, change values to whatever looks good. ( Remember to rebuild ), but just note that it will not show up in ScaledSpace until you press the update button, If you are using PlanetFactory, you may have to do a bit of manual editing to get the output compatible...

Does the log give any errors? I have never encountered this bug before...

I use a windows PC, and don't play fullscreen. That's the only thing I can think about. Is the .dll in < Kerbal space program directory> /gamedata/KittopiaSpace/plugins/ ?

I have updated to 0.04, with it comes some new tools, that probably need some explanation...

Firstly the orbit editor: careful with this, can cause destruction of ships near the planet. Values are standard orbital values, I think Wikipedia has a page on it. Sadly these will not save.

And the PQSAdder, careful with this, as I'm not sure what most of them do, it will attempt to add ANY PQS component in the game, that you select, anyway. Some will not work, as some critical data may be missing. its in the PQS editor as the "Add PQS" button. I also did some UI mods to help smooth it out.

Any suggestions? Or bugs? I will do anything I can to make it bug-free, but UI related bugs may confuse me... I'm a programmer, not a graphics designer!

Okay, I'll probably take this a little too far, but wouldn't this make it possible to add "terraforming parts"? Say like an atmospheric processing station that would slowly use your code to change the appearance of the planet it is on? Maybe a localised spread from its location on the planet? I think this would really push the mod envelope forward.

HI liking the idea of this a lot was a tad dissapointed that the first version failed to be anything other than a none functioning GUI, so was pleased to see an update this morning. Sadly it still doesn't work on win7 64 windowed mode, I can select a tab on the gui but thats all, the scroll bar doesnt do anything amd actually clicking the buttons produces no changes or new info. I have copied the relevant section of log and must say i find it a little disturbing.

Would like to see this tool work so lets hope that the 3rd build is the charm!

[LOG 09:45:11.370] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\Kethane.dll
[LOG 09:45:11.381] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/KethaneToolbar
[LOG 09:45:11.382] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\KethaneToolbar.dll
[LOG 09:45:11.392] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/PFUtilityAddon
[LOG 09:45:11.393] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\PFUtilityAddon.dll
[LOG 09:45:11.409] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass
[LOG 09:45:11.410] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
[LOG 09:45:11.425] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/Assembly-CSharp
[LOG 09:45:11.427] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll
[ERR 09:45:11.450] Failed to load assembly F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll:
System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 09:45:11.455] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/Mono.Cecil
[LOG 09:45:11.456] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\Mono.Cecil.dll
[LOG 09:45:11.472] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/Mono.Security
[LOG 09:45:11.473] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\Mono.Security.dll
[LOG 09:45:11.492] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/mscorlib
[LOG 09:45:11.494] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\mscorlib.dll
[LOG 09:45:11.568] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/PFUtilityAddon
[LOG 09:45:11.569] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\PFUtilityAddon.dll
[LOG 09:45:11.593] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/System.Core
[LOG 09:45:11.595] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\System.Core.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.538] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/System
[LOG 09:45:12.539] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\System.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.550] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/System.Xml
[LOG 09:45:12.551] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\System.Xml.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.595] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/TDx.TDxInput
[LOG 09:45:12.596] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\TDx.TDxInput.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.610] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Debug/UnityEngine
[LOG 09:45:12.611] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Debug\UnityEngine.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.626] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass
[LOG 09:45:12.628] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.642] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/Assembly-CSharp
[LOG 09:45:12.643] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\Assembly-CSharp.dll
[ERR 09:45:12.661] Failed to load assembly F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\Assembly-CSharp.dll:
System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\Assembly-CSharp.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 09:45:12.665] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/Mono.Cecil
[LOG 09:45:12.667] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\Mono.Cecil.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.675] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/Mono.Security
[LOG 09:45:12.676] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\Mono.Security.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.691] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/mscorlib
[LOG 09:45:12.693] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\mscorlib.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.714] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/PFUtilityAddon
[LOG 09:45:12.715] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\PFUtilityAddon.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.725] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/System.Core
[LOG 09:45:12.726] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\System.Core.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.742] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/System
[LOG 09:45:12.743] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\System.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.758] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/System.Xml
[LOG 09:45:12.759] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\System.Xml.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.775] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/TDx.TDxInput
[LOG 09:45:12.776] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\TDx.TDxInput.dll
[LOG 09:45:12.791] Load(Assembly): KittopiaSpace/plugins/src/PFUtilityAddon/PFUtilityAddon/bin/Release/UnityEngine
[LOG 09:45:12.793] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\KSP_win\GameData\KittopiaSpace\plugins\src\PFUtilityAddon\PFUtilityAddon\bin\Release\UnityEngine.dll

Whoops! This is embarrassing! Looks like I uploaded the source in the wrong folder! delete the src folder in KittopisSpace/plugins/ and it should work.

I will fix that immediately!

And yes, I plan to somehow create terraforming parts. However the main problem is rebuilding lag!

Edited by KCreator

I was playing around with it for a while, and it turns out you can do some pretty silly stuff, and some more serious stuff too...

Example: Weird Minmus, and lava-ry "Awesome like the stories" Moho!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Just need to save orbital parameters, Smooth out vector input, and make the UI less... Ugly...

I updated the original post with some more information about my future plans, and I'm wandering if people are still getting bugs.

Is there anything to report? or any feature requests? Or possibly even some showcases, I would like to see some peoples modified planets!

I have updated the plugin with a neat new feature: Per-save-file saving and loading. This would allow for interesting things. the legacy format is supported, so you will not lose any terraformed planets, in theory.

Soon I will add a way of "permanently" updating scaledspace, and finalise a few other things.

Shameless update bump