[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

How do I use the starlight fix module? It doesn't seem to show up with an obvious name in the module selection.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm liking this.

Edited by me3

Sorry about the lack of information, I should get around to writing a tutorial.

For those wandering about the Starfix, it is a tool below the "Load" option that adds a "module" that enables said star (And probably planet...) to emit light. To use, select a template, and click "Add Starfix to: templatename". It will automatically save, so you will not need to do this every time you load the game.

As for my own custom planet API: Its a bit beyond my skill level right now, as even this uses some PlanetFactory code related to getting CelestialBodys and other things needed ( With permission, of course )

Oops, found a bug in the "Star fix"! It turns out localspace was not being lit up, I hotfixed this. Along with adding some files that may have caused the game to hang if they were not there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is a good example of the Star Fix:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Anyway, Is the mod working for everyone? I would appreciate any feedback and criticism you might have.

That looks awesome! I have a quick question regarding how this plugin can be used. As most people who use this mod are most likely using it to fill in gaps that other mods such as PF-CE, RSS and such mods have(mainly CE)).

I have two questions, my first is this: is it possible to have the star fix for mod developers, is it possible for people who use Planet packs to not have to use this mod, and if they do, how easy is sharing the star fix for people's star systems?(I.E.) how much do the people using the packs have to do to get it.

The second question I have is also regarding the "star fix." As you have implied the star fix is a module that has to be added to the star, but how much can it be changed as far as you know? By this I mean, can the light be made to have other colors easily or other similar changes?

Thanks for the help :)

For the end user, using a star fix is as easy as copying stuff in a config file, and when I get better at handling the save/load systems, it will be easier. But I might split the function in to a separate plugin should demand rise.

And yes, It is possible to change factors such as light colour, and brightness. But it might be tricky to change the colour of the star itself, it has some rather confusing shaders. I will test some customisation options and see how it looks.

+Rep for this!

I've been wanting to terraform for so long, but havent spent the time building my terraforming tools because i never thought i would see green on duna.....but now....now things are different!

• 2 weeks later...

How well is this supposed to work with Planet Factory? I tried to change the atmosphere colour of a planet i made but nothing happened.

If i do get it to work, will the changes be saved to the files within Planet Factory, or will i always need to have this installed? I am just really excited for this. I want it to work.

It isn't yet 100% compatible with PlanetFactory. But a few small cfg edits will allow one to copy and paste the PQS/CelestialBody/Orbit changes. At this point in time, some things, such as atmosphere shader settings. will need this plugin installed to work...

I am sorry if the UI isn't the most intuitive, especially with colours and vectors, both are tricky to use. I really need to refine it, but I am a programmer, not a graphics designer :(.

It isn't yet 100% compatible with PlanetFactory. But a few small cfg edits will allow one to copy and paste the PQS/CelestialBody/Orbit changes. At this point in time, some things, such as atmosphere shader settings. will need this plugin installed to work...

I am sorry if the UI isn't the most intuitive, especially with colours and vectors, both are tricky to use. I really need to refine it, but I am a programmer, not a graphics designer :(.

That's fine. I did figure out how to change the atmosphere colour. Honestly the only problem that i has run into is that, even though my gas giants atmosphere colour has been changed, it still has a green-ish hue when the sun is behind or it when you look at it from certain angles. Judging from you "polluted Kerbin" post i assume that this isn't a bug, but rather is something that can't be changed yet.

Either way, i love the mod. Great work so far.

New update!

I did a lot of work today, primarily on the backend. However, Ocean tools seem to be nearly working now. And loading doesn't crash the game anymore. But I still wouldn't use it, its unstable beyond belief... I am working hard, but pinpointing errors is tricky with KSP plugins.

Hopefully I can make these tools usable soon.

Is it possible to edit the radius of a gas giant? I have been trying to edit the size of my personal gas giant in my system I have build in PF CE. While the radius can be edited with this from what I can see, it looks like the scaled space is broken as you reach the atmosphere at what looks like millions of KM above the surface. (the different between stock height and my edited height). Is there anything else I need to do to edit the radius of the gas giant?

i've been checking in on this awesome plugin for quite a while now, and one question remains: will the UI ever get... better? the bizarre intra-window scrolling and occasional cutting-off of text is a bit disconcerting, but nothing is annoying as not being able to change the position of the window on the screen. as it is, it's partially over the vessel list in the tracking station, and clicking on things in the window often selects items in the vessel list beneath. i would think at least making the window movable shouldn't be too tricky, and would improve the ease of use dramatically.

that said, i love where this is going! particularly the starfix! any possibility of changing the amount and colour of light produced? edit: nevermind, just saw your post on the previous page

sadly, however, having two suns seems to multiply the brightness... a lot of things are blown out... while this is realistic i suppose, it's somewhat difficult to land on a featureless white rock where you can't see any details.

Edited by antgeth

Can you edit the coordinates for a PQSdecal with this?

Yep, there should be some variables along the names of radialpositionoffset, however vector input is a bit messed up.

Is it possible to edit the radius of a gas giant? I have been trying to edit the size of my personal gas giant in my system I have build in PF CE. While the radius can be edited with this from what I can see, it looks like the scaled space is broken as you reach the atmosphere at what looks like millions of KM above the surface. (the different between stock height and my edited height). Is there anything else I need to do to edit the radius of the gas giant?

It is possible, but I may need to add a scaledspace override. Try updating scaledspace and see if that works, if not, I will add a scaler button

i've been checking in on this awesome plugin for quite a while now, and one question remains: will the UI ever get... better? the bizarre intra-window scrolling and occasional cutting-off of text is a bit disconcerting, but nothing is annoying as not being able to change the position of the window on the screen. as it is, it's partially over the vessel list in the tracking station, and clicking on things in the window often selects items in the vessel list beneath. i would think at least making the window movable shouldn't be too tricky, and would improve the ease of use dramatically.

that said, i love where this is going! particularly the starfix! any possibility of changing the amount and colour of light produced?

Yea, I know that the ui is messed up. I will be working on making the window draggable, and the text and stuff a lot easier to use. next version should see improvements.

It is possible, but I may need to add a scaledspace override. Try updating scaledspace and see if that works, if not, I will add a scaler button

I was actually trying this myself just a couple minutes ago... no dice. Gas giant remains the same size, although some really funky visuals were added (bizarre lighting patterns).

Edit: Speaking of lighting, I hope you can get solar panels working with starfix! It'll be nice not having to lug around generators.

Edited by antgeth

Quick update to allow dragging the windows, in theory. Should make it more usable...

As for stars, I think simply dimming down the light object should help, but I have yet to come up with a way to customise this, my code is starting to give me a headache :blush:.

And IIRC, I think I got solar panels to register the new star when in range of its SOI:

foreach( ModuleDeployableSolarPanel panel in FindObjectsOfType( typeof( ModuleDeployableSolarPanel ) ) ) //Reboot solar panels
{
panel.OnStart( PartModule.StartState.None ); //todo: find out what the partstate does.
}
Planetarium.fetch.Sun = Utils.FindCB( LoopedStar.Name ); //Set the sun to OUR sun!

... But I am not too sure if there are any bugs or unintentional behaviour, or even if the thing I did still works.

• 3 weeks later...

Update bump: Added a very nice tool: Sentar-style rings! You can put as many as you would like on a planet, and it saves, and loads too! I provided a sample texture (kerbin_rings.png, I tested on kerbin), but you can use whatever texture you want for them, as long as its in the format: textures/<planetname>_ring. I also changed the way it saves and loads, its now easier to use with add-ons like planetfactory.

Update bump: Added a very nice tool: Sentar-style rings! You can put as many as you would like on a planet, and it saves, and loads too! I provided a sample texture (kerbin_rings.png, I tested on kerbin), but you can use whatever texture you want for them, as long as its in the format: textures/<planetname>_ring. I also changed the way it saves and loads, its now easier to use with add-ons like planetfactory.

Omgomgomg!!!!!

*cue little girl scream*

RING ALL THE THINGS!!!!

Sure, Here is a quick written guide:

Step 1: Select template.

Step 2: Open ring tools.

Step 3: Set "Inner Radius", this will be where the ring starts relative to the planet. It should be something like 8000+

Step 4: Set "Outer Radius", this MUST be greater than inner radius... I think. the size of the ring is the difference between inner and outer

Step 5: Set a colour if you would like, useful if you are just using the grey template ring texture.

Step 6: Open the "kittopiaspace/textures" folder, and copy kerbin_rings.cfg, rename the copy to "<planetname>_rings.cfg

Step 7: Hit "Generate rings", if it didn't look correct, hit delete rings.

Step 8: Save planet, you are done.

I am sorry it isn't too user friendly, but as I have said before: I am a programmer, not a graphics designer :(

Also, I am sorry if the texture thing is a bit weird, A default texture should be loaded, but it isn't...