[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

I've been playing around with a binary star system but I was unable to get the colors to change on either star.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/KSP2014-05-1518-10-43-28.jpg

I have to admit today was the first time I opened your program. I created a ring but was unable to save. Do I need to create the folder for save files?

I need to read through all these posts...

Found the guide for creating and saving rings, nice!

The SaveLoad folder is not included in this new version...

Edited by Larrt_M

Uploaded new version, this fixes lack of SaveLoad, and adds basic ingame documentation. I will add remaining buttons in micro-releases, and add the PQSMod documentation I started.

I apologise for the failures on my part

Thank you so much!

No reason to apologize, this is an incredible mod.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

I am trying to change the flare and light color of a two sun system. When editing the colors the sun being edited does not show the color change but the color number in the Colour Generator shows in the saved Star Fix cfg file. Am I missing another step? Thanks!

Edited by Larrt_M

Can you pm me both the PF:CE file and the debug logs? My plugin might not be adding the star sfx correctly, and being able to attempt to solve it may require me to perform the steps and see if it throws an exception... I will also fix a few positioning bugs introduced with my last update (V0.17) ASAP, and make sure the plugin works with KSP .24

Hey KCreator, I've kinda interpreted on your code that your StarFix should fix the atmosphere of the planets never going day time but this is not happening in game.

Is this an un-finished feature or was it just broken with the last update?

I know I am not KCreator but I will try to answer. I have never had that problem with this before(though .16 was broken with the saving features...) and it is probably due to the update.

Just to confirm, should the mod be working fine, would Kerbin's atmosphere become blue during daylight, just like it does when orbiting Kerbol?

That is basically the only thing that is bothering me, I have never tried to make atmospheric planets orbit another Star so I'm not sure whether has this ever worked properly.

As a side note, I can also see a huge amount of light from nearby stars (nearby as in 4 times Jool's orbit), is there any way to decrease the amount of light they emit?

I was able to finally change the colors and flares of the two Suns to blue and red. Saved the data and the program created the two .cfg files. But when I restart the game it does not load the data. The two Suns are the default color again? And I checked the two .cfg files, the new color data is there, it's just not loading.

I tried an older version of your program on a v0.23.5 of KSP and it would not load either.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/Twosuns.gif

A bit too bright, but OK for testing.

This one looks better.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/Alpha.jpg

Now, how do I get this to load?

Edited by Larrt_M

I think there may be a few problems regarding enabling and disabling the stars, as the plugin gets very confused when map view is toggled. With multiple stars. It could cause issues, such as incredible brightness. I will work on improving it.

The save/Load might have broken, trying to load keys that don't exist or something...

Ill run some debugs on the save/load system and the starfix module, Hopefully I can fix the remaining bugs related to both of them.

edit: On my KSP install, the starfix saves and loads correctly on my StarlightDemo system... Perhaps you should delete the configs, and try again? I will upload my dev build in a moment, and see if that improves anything

edit2: Uploaded, hopefully this helps.

Edited by KCreator

The atmospheres still don't react to Sunfix properly.

Pics to explain (Not embeded to avoid ing the format of the forum):

My test vessel, located at the launchpad of the KSC is on the sunlit part of Kerbin, which is orbiting a duplicated start with Starfix applied: http://puu.sh/ahKzp/6e4194f61c.png http://puu.sh/ahKDD/7f7f626414.png

However, even if the terrain is indeed iluminated properly, the atmosphere or Kerbin is not blue (as it should) but skybox black: http://puu.sh/ahKHA/1e96d53880.png

There are no other stars other than the default Sun and my duplicated sun.

The original sun can be seen on the first screenshot on the night side part of Kerbin (you can still see it if you timewarp until it is on the sky, despite being at almost 200 times the orbit of Jool).

The atmospheres still don't react to Sunfix properly.

Pics to explain (Not embeded to avoid ing the format of the forum):

My test vessel, located at the launchpad of the KSC is on the sunlit part of Kerbin, which is orbiting a duplicated start with Starfix applied: http://puu.sh/ahKzp/6e4194f61c.png http://puu.sh/ahKDD/7f7f626414.png

However, even if the terrain is indeed iluminated properly, the atmosphere or Kerbin is not blue (as it should) but skybox black: http://puu.sh/ahKHA/1e96d53880.png

There are no other stars other than the default Sun and my duplicated sun.

The original sun can be seen on the first screenshot on the night side part of Kerbin (you can still see it if you timewarp until it is on the sky, despite being at almost 200 times the orbit of Jool).

I added a few lines to the StarFix and the atmosphere now rotates but the effect is reset as soon as the star is unloaded by the Starfix:

public static void RecursiveFixAtmo( CelestialBody Planet, string SunName )

{

if( Planet.name != SunName )

{

//Scaledspace

//Utils.FindScaled( input.celestialBody.name ).layer = 1024;

//Stuff

MaterialSetDirection msd = Utils.FindScaled( Planet.name ).GetComponentInChildren<MaterialSetDirection>();

if( msd != null)

{

msd.target = GameObject.Find( SunName+"Sun" ).transform;

}

MaterialSetDirection msdL = Utils.FindLocal(Planet.name).GetComponentInChildren<MaterialSetDirection>();

if (msdL != null)

{

msdL.target = GameObject.Find(SunName + "Sun").transform;

}

var atmo = Utils.FindScaled( Planet.name ).transform.FindChild( "Atmosphere" );

if( atmo != null )

{

AtmosphereFromGround afg = atmo.GetComponent<AtmosphereFromGround>();

afg.sunLight = GameObject.Find( SunName+"Sun" );

}

var atmoL = Utils.FindLocal(Planet.name).transform.FindChild("Atmosphere");

if (atmoL != null)

{

AtmosphereFromGround afgL = atmo.GetComponent<AtmosphereFromGround>();

afgL.sunLight = GameObject.Find(SunName + "Sun");

}

}

foreach ( CelestialBody child in Planet.orbitingBodies )

{

RecursiveFixAtmo( child, SunName );

}

}

EDIT: IGNORE THE ABOVE, I'VE FIXED IT (I had some test code on another place that was ing the whole loading/unloading of star flares)

EDIT2: Sorry for the double post, I meant to edit it

Edited by aftokinito

I think there may be a few problems regarding enabling and disabling the stars, as the plugin gets very confused when map view is toggled. With multiple stars. It could cause issues, such as incredible brightness. I will work on improving it.

The save/Load might have broken, trying to load keys that don't exist or something...

Ill run some debugs on the save/load system and the starfix module, Hopefully I can fix the remaining bugs related to both of them.

edit: On my KSP install, the starfix saves and loads correctly on my StarlightDemo system... Perhaps you should delete the configs, and try again? I will upload my dev build in a moment, and see if that improves anything

edit2: Uploaded, hopefully this helps.

I will try the new version.

Part of the starfix was loading OK. The part that fixes the sun light direction, but not the color change on start up.

Edit; New version still does not load the color changes on start up..

Edited by Larrt_M

I was able to finally change the colors and flares of the two Suns to blue and red. Saved the data and the program created the two .cfg files. But when I restart the game it does not load the data. The two Suns are the default color again? And I checked the two .cfg files, the new color data is there, it's just not loading.

I tried an older version of your program on a v0.23.5 of KSP and it would not load either.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/Twosuns.gif

A bit too bright, but OK for testing.

This one looks better.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/Alpha.jpg

Now, how do I get this to load?

How did you change the colours? I would love to turn Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis into a brown dwarf.

I just want to change the glow, not the massive flare.

Edited by Megalodon 720

I updated this plugin to allow basic sun shader editing, Huge thanks and credit to OvenProofMars!

But starfix is still creating odd bugs... While they are not game breaking, they are annoying for me. I will try my best to fix it. And get my github page for it up to date.

Looks ugly but this is so ****ING AWESOMEï¼Â

As far as I tested, this mod runs fine in the 32bit installation. However, I have been unable to test the 64bit installation due to a crash that seems to originate from the PQS system.

I am not sure how safe changing the default planet shader to the star shader would be, so I suggest using the particle emitter tool in my plugin to emulate a glow on a non-star planet.

The instantiate planet function is actually viable at this point. It can generate unlimited clones of any planet, at least until the game crashes from too many planets...

Perhaps it could serve as a backup in case PlanetFactory fails altogether. Or be made to generate procedural planets...

KCreator I have a question for you, after reading the front page I still cant understand is this a stand alone planet editor/creator or just editor. There were few talks about Kittopia creating by it self systems so i wanted to double check.

Its primary function is a stand-alone planet editor, with a range of utility functions for making a planet with more features than planetfactory generally allows.. However, I have been experimenting (With the help of a friend) with planet instantiation. So it might eventually serve as some form of ingame planet creation tool.

I have also experimented with terraforming parts, as one can see with AtmosphericReproccesser.cs, However this gameplay intergration is unlikely to see the light of day any time soon...

How do I make my edits to a planet, Specifically a PF one, Permanent? Also, I can't seem to get my oceans to render in scaledspace.

*Edit

Also, just incase you didn't know, for some reason atmospheres are making rings invisible. I do not know if this has to do with the fact that the atmosphere belongs to the planet with the rings, or just the rings themselves are being weird.