[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

If you save an alteration, scaledspace (map view model) *may* not update. In order to make sure an alteration has been saved, make sure to view the planet in question from a low orbit. The checkbox next to the save button (export textures) *should* allow scaledspace to update. but this WILL hang the game. Even if it looks like it crashed, just give it time to generate the scaledspace texture. If all works well, it should load into the map view. If not, I will see if I can get it working...

Suggestion for terraforming parts: make it harder to terraform planets closer to the sun and once terraformed they will get hotter and a part that stablizes terraformed planets way up the tech tree.

Just wondering if anyone has had luck adding new PQS mods to planets. I wanted to give minmus some craters but upon adding the crater mod and updating, the planet disappears completely and nothing brings it back. I'v tried this on several different planets and they all seem to have the same effect.

If you save an alteration, scaledspace (map view model) *may* not update. In order to make sure an alteration has been saved, make sure to view the planet in question from a low orbit. The checkbox next to the save button (export textures) *should* allow scaledspace to update. but this WILL hang the game. Even if it looks like it crashed, just give it time to generate the scaledspace texture. If all works well, it should load into the map view. If not, I will see if I can get it working...

Scaledspace does update properly. I think I've made some progress; when updating Scaledspace with the export button checked, a CFG-file is created within the Kittopia folder with all the information about the planet. But when restarting the game, the planet appears in its 'original' state. The CFG-file starts with "// Customdata". I vaguely remember that "//" seems to disable code in a CFG-file?

Someone could say me how to lock the rings vía .cfg?

I love the plugin but the GUI is pretty wild for me... I prefer to set and modify my values manually. Thanks!

Sure, the parameter should be "LockRot", simply add that underneath the "Tilt" parameter. I'm sorry about my awful GUI, though.

@Bekiekutmoar: The comment on the top is automatically generated by the confignode class I am using. And shouldn't effect the loading. However, I will look into the issues ASAP.

Hello, all. I've came to this thread today to discuss a bug with this mod that has been probably not told of before, but my apologies if it had. Has anyone noticed a bug when re-coloring a planet's surface (ex. I made Eve's surface golden yellow to look sandy), but when I start the game, (after exiting it), its surface color reverts to its usual purple. I'd appreciate to have this issue fixed, if possible! Reference photo.

Also, I've noticed another bug associated with making a celestial body orbit another. I can't get an encounter with the modded planet. I'd just appreciate to shed light on these bugs, and I can't thank you enough for making a mod as fantastic as this, KCreator!

Edited by Tynton

I need help, I really don't know how to really comphrend this mod. What I want to do is make the Mun look like a habbitble world by adding an Atmosphere, an Ocean, and change the textures. But I just don't know how to do that properly. For starters I would like to know how to add in an atmosphere, because I can only get in some weird pixaliated

I need help, I really don't know how to really comphrend this mod. What I want to do is make the Mun look like a habbitble world by adding an Atmosphere, an Ocean, and change the textures. But I just don't know how to do that properly. For starters I would like to know how to add in an atmosphere, because I can only get in some weird pixaliated

The "add atmosphere" tool is pretty broken at the moment, I will try making it work better by using Jools atmosphere as a template, and scaling it down.

Hello, all. I've came to this thread today to discuss a bug with this mod that has been probably not told of before, but my apologies if it had. Has anyone noticed a bug when re-coloring a planet's surface (ex. I made Eve's surface golden yellow to look sandy), but when I start the game, (after exiting it), its surface color reverts to its usual purple. I'd appreciate to have this issue fixed, if possible! Reference photo.

Also, I've noticed another bug associated with making a celestial body orbit another. I can't get an encounter with the modded planet. I'd just appreciate to shed light on these bugs, and I can't thank you enough for making a mod as fantastic as this, KCreator!

It seems save/load is acting up a lot recently... To anyone having problems, can you please send me the config files? I will try to debug the plugin from there.

Good day,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a ring that emits light to the game in the hopes of adding a realistic accretion disk to the Black Hole in the StarSystems WIP over on the Add-On Development Section.

There should be an option to make "unlit" rings, these will have the visual effect of luminance.

@KCreator, I've uploaded the files to MediaFire. Although, those are my first uploads that I've done. Although, hopefully you can look through the programming in these files (I've edited all of the orbits to add seasons, but the problem seems that the planets turn perfectly spherical (upon restarting KSP). Although, this doesn't bother me (unless it's Gilly or Bop) very much. I'd appreciate it though, if I could attempt to move Kerbin and/or Duna to Jool to become Jool's moons...and possibly taking some of it's moons somewhere else. Although the idea was inspired by Alternis Kerbol.

=\

I tried to use this mod, I got the gui to pop up but I couldn't get past "no planet selected". I tried doing it from the tracking station, from the flight mode, and from the map mode, I could not figure out how to select a planet or what could be missing/broken. Simply focusing on a planet and pressing buttons in sequential or random order had no effect.

My internet will be down for a while, and I have not gotten a chance to download 0.90 beta, so unfortunately, this will not be fixed any time soon :/.

I will try to get to it ASAP.

edit:

I recently had my internet problem resolved, and I recompiled for .90. The UI now opens again, I apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the update to 0.90. Rings can finally be added again, but they appear black/dark once I launch a vessel (they look fine if before you launch you check them out using the Map View). Using CTRL+P to edit the rings in-game also doesn't do anything. None of the things there (unlit, inclinination, etc.) do anything. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the update to 0.90. Rings can finally be added again, but they appear black/dark once I launch a vessel (they look fine if before you launch you check them out using the Map View). Using CTRL+P to edit the rings in-game also doesn't do anything. None of the things there (unlit, inclinination, etc.) do anything. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I believe you have to edit those parameters BEFORE you add the ring.

Please help me ! I can't manage to select a planet !

Sorry for not answering sooner; to select a planet, open the UI and click select planet, a list of planets (as buttons) should appear in the lower half of the UI, click on the one you want to edit, and it should "lock" the planet in for editing.

I admin that this isn't exactly the most intuitive system, but it works, and I cant really do much else.

edit: I'm not entirely sure if the ring colour option works anymore, can anyone can confirm this?

This is a pretty amazing mod, thanks man. One question, how do planetary particles work? I was viewing the source in the tracker and when i hit spawn particles nothing happened. I don't have a probe there so I didn't actually view it, so I wasn't sure how that worked, but the concept sounds awesome.

This might have been mentioned, but sorry for not reading through the whole threat. I just came from nightshift.

How about adding very expensive parts and change the way that this works throught the parts like in spore. This would make it awesome.

You will get a feeling of accomplishment when after a few mission's and a "small" resource cost you got the planet or moon terraformed.