[Discussion] Questionable design decisions

Macegee. I get what your point is. But that doesn't change the point that it is a realistic mechanic, sure it does expand the PvE element of the game but it is still considered a hardcore feature. Look we can argue about this until the cows come home. You have some good points, you really do. But you have to also consider those players who struggle to fly/aerobreak/land ect. I'm not just talking about new players by the way, and that deadly reentry would make the game even more difficult and unplayable. Basically what I'm saying is that you have to consider those on a much lower par then you skill wise.

Edited by Dodgey

non up to date docs, inconplete docs,

It's not clear to me what you mean by this. Squad hasn't stopped making documentation, but rather they haven't started making documentation. The game is still so heavily in development that they don't waste time writing up features that will be changed, so that they don't have to re-document.

no more posts from them AFAIK

In addition to weekly Devnotes and irregular announcements, HarvesteR himself has posted recently. The Squad guys don't post very much because they're busy making the game, but they certainly aren't ignoring the forum.

lack of tools update like the part-tools 0.23 which doesn't contains unity package).

They can't update every aspect of the game in every update.

I'm not speaking as a moderator now, but as a long-term player and observer of the forum. Every few months, somebody stats one of these threads which boil down to, "This is my pessimistic subjective impression of how badly the game development could breakdown, so I am going to start angrily blaming Squad *now* for things they have not done yet, and might not ever do." It's an over-reaction, and premature. If you don't like the way something is being handled, if you believe it should be done another way, post about it in the Development sub-forum. They *can't* make everyone happy and they won't do everything the way you personally might want things done, but they do listen and consider player opinions. There's no need to be so angry about it, and there's no need to (as other threads like this have done) start throwing around accusations of incompetence and dishonesty. And there's certainly no need to treat other forum members as enemies, and throw around insulting terms like "fanboy."

Edited by Vanamonde

Thanks for getting things back on track towards the end, everyone. This thread's just about run its course. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to bring them up to me or anyone on the mod team. Also, don't forget that whenever one pops up, feel free to continue posting your ideas and suggestions here. Yes, they *actually do* get brought to the attention of the devs. Thanks.