[1.12.x] Kerbulator: use your own math!

wmvanvliet

I'm familiar with lua. It should indeed not be too hard to make a mod that executes arbitrary lua code and I welcome you to write one.

However, Kerbulator is not meant to be a programming language. It's a 'math' language. Lua, as almost any programming language, sucks at producing readable math equations.

Personally, if I were to bind a language into KSP, I would do Julia, that's one heck of a good programming language for math!

KSPTOT has MATLAB interfaced to KSP, which is also really awesome (but MATLAB is $$$$$$ so less awesome as Julia).

I'm cerainly going to, but first getting of highschool for the next two weeks, then starting to mess around with Java more.

after a verry quick visit on github i found this.

KSPDIR := C:/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program

isn't it better to just get the place of the running ksp process and work from there?

if you don't, kerbulator won't operate correctly when you install ksp not in the steam folder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

any chance of getting either custom input or craft data like mass and current engine stats? Specifically, this would be great for me to use to calculate my burn times from within KSP without needing to use Google on the side-monitor. But currently I have to constantly edit the function to change the craft mass and delta-v

Hi, I'm beginning to try new things, and I wanted to use the Kerbulator in the VAB, is there any way to enable it on that screen?

Thanks for the awesome work.

I could easily enable Kerbulator in the VAB. I chose not to at the time because I didn't see a point as Kerbulator doesn't supply any data related to fuel and engines. What kinds of things are you planning on calculating in the VAB?

any chance of getting either custom input or craft data like mass and current engine stats? Specifically, this would be great for me to use to calculate my burn times from within KSP without needing to use Google on the side-monitor. But currently I have to constantly edit the function to change the craft mass and delta-v

I'll create an issue for it in Github. My aim is to enable access to any and all numbers in the GUI, that means engine stats, mass and fuel levels as well.

Edited by wmvanvliet

Thanks. Also I tried to name a function "Resource Mass - L/O" and it didn't like that too much because of the slash. / and \ both cause it to flip out and grow the function screen to the width of the error message and then the window also extends down below the bottom of the screen so you can't resize it back without having to restart the game.

Speaking of which, saved window positions would be nice as well

I could easily enable Kerbulator in the VAB. I chose not to at the time because I didn't see a point as Kerbulator doesn't supply any data related to fuel and engines. What kinds of things are you planning on calculating in the VAB?

I'm trying to get a little more precise with my dv budget, currently using engineer to get the delta-v value and I've found a few tables that I've been using, but I want to make some calculations per stage that I can't find anywhere (so far I haven't been able to predict anything, but like I said I've been playing for just a little while and trying to construct rockets as cheap as possible).

Thanks

I just found this plugin a couple days ago and it has become my favorite. i'm using it with remote tech2's flight computer and precise node. Can you expose the current game's epoch as a kerbulator global variable? For example I wanted to calc acceleration to assist with a rocket's ascent profile but can't without change in time. I also want to calc launch windows and output t + epoch (future date).

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I just found this plugin a couple days ago and it has become my favorite. i'm using it with remote tech2's flight computer and precise node. Can you expose the current game's epoch as a kerbulator global variable? For example I wanted to calc acceleration to assist with a rocket's ascent profile but can't without change in time. I also want to calc launch windows and output t + epoch (future date).

Thanks.

That is actually supported, it's the UT global variable. I just noticed it was missing in the docs... :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.