[1.12.x] Kerbulator: use your own math!

wmvanvliet

Kerbulator install failed

Hello i am currently using ksp 1.4.2 version from steam with mechjeb kerbal engineer redux and kerbal alarm clock
and today i have installed kerbulator 0.44 which is the compatible version detected by ckan
After installing it the kerbulator button does not appear in game
Any idea what could be wrong?

Computer dell latitude e5500 4gb ram win7 os

PS On my linux partition i have installed ksp 1.0.5 also from steam and here kerbulator 0.3x works

@anak please see this thread, and post your KSP.log

Also, you *really* should be using KSP v1.4.5, if you really need to stay in that *era* of KSP... I'm guessing you're still way back on 1.4.2 due to supported mods only being available for that version?... vOv

Just note that updating from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 would be a whole other *thing*, where you should make a backup of your current KSP install in a different location. then get advice from someone who uses Steam for installing an newer version of KSP than 1.4.2 (I dont, so cant help there)

Edited by Stone Blue

12 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@anak please see this thread, and post your KSP.log

Also, you *really* should be using KSP v1.4.5, if you really need to stay in that *era* of KSP... I'm guessing you're still way back on 1.4.2 due to supported mods only being available for that version?... vOv

Just note that updating from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 would be a whole other *thing*, where you should make a backup of your current KSP install in a different location. then get advice from someone who uses Steam for installing an newer version of KSP than 1.4.2 (I dont, so cant help there)

KSP: 1.42.2 Windows 7 64bit

Problem: Kerbulator button not showing in game

Mods installed:
                         kRPC

MechJeb2

KerbalAlarmClock

TriggerAu-Flags

KerbalEngineerRedux

PreciseManeuver

HyperEdit

Toolbar

ClickThroughBlocker

ToolbarController

Kerbulator

Reproduction steps:

Start the game and try running mod

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h56cg4xir3fuvwp/output_log.txt?dl=0

@Stone Blue

Now i have made some tests with other copies of KSP

In older versions 1.0.4,1.0.5  win and linux it works  

In newer versions 1.4.4. , 1.7.x  win does not work

If you ask me KSP.log contains relevant data but i just followed the rule

output_log.txt says something about not being able to load png button icons because the resloution is wrong 

I am forced to use 1.4.2 because this is the bigger version that works at a decent speed and this after modifying settings.cfg files for low end computers and installing active texture management

My computer specs

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz (2)
RAM: 4051
GPU: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (879MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [igdumd64.dll 8.15.10.2302])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, RG32

Thanks in advance

@Stone Blue

PS here ist says not to upload KSP.log

Edited by anak

5 minutes ago, anak said:

PS here ist says not to upload KSP.log

Welcome to the forum @anak. We only recommend that you do not post output logs directly into the forum because it causes page loading issues and makes browsing the forum difficult for members on mobile devices. It's best if you upload to a storage service like Google drive or dropbox and then link to them here in the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll see if I can install KSP 1.42 at some point and investigate. In the mean time, please try all versions of Kerbulator. I always compile against the newest version of KSP and lately there have been some changes that will make the mod no longer work on older versions 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for help sorry for delay

I have installed all versions of kerbulator still not works but on 0.42 and 0.43 the menu appears

see the screenshots

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whacyrxdxeiiynb/kerbulator%200.4.2.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wu3d4xa4by7zt61/kerbulator%200.4.2a.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ly0j2kkga7yc12v/kerbulator%200.43_.png?dl=0

On 3/11/2020 at 11:35 AM, wmvanvliet said:

Thanks for the feedback! Based on this I did some more debugging and found that you were right. I missed two important scenarios where I should have unlocked the clickthrough prevention lock but did not. We live and learn. New version 0.46 pushed. Could you give that a try and see if things are now working properly at your end as well?

Actually tried it! Sorry for delay (you know how it works, returning to game once per month to see that Real Solar System mod not yet updated to last version and with all sadness and disappointment leaving game for another month).

So, I tested mod for errors and here is test result: You are great person and we are blessed to have such people around! Everything else is fine, no other reports.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/13/2020 at 5:19 AM, mabdi36 said:

Hello!

i would just like to know if this is compatible with JNSQ?

I haven't tested it, but it should be compatible. The Planetary almanac is built dynamically: all bodies that happen to be in the game will appear as global variables.

Fresh new version out in collaboration with Thorulf Neustrup. You can now define multiple maneuver nodes from a single function. Maneuver nodes are now specified in the same manner as output variables. Check this out:

maneuver: first "The first maneuver to execute"
maneuver: second "The second maneuver to execute"

# Computing first maneuver: apply 50 dV prograde 45 seconds from now
first = [50, 0, 0, 45]

# Computing second maneuver: 5 dV normal and 20 dV radial in an hour
second = [0, 5, 20, 360]

• 3 months later...

Current version doesn't seem to work.

No list of functions as shown  in the OP.

Then,

Trying the initial, setting x=1, get the following error:

Error: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection

Also, hitting the Save does not even bring up the list of functions

Looking at the code, it's very odd.  I see a Main(), which doesn't belong in a framework library.  and other stuff, still digging.

The previous version does seem to work

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I found the problem.  There was some new error-checking code added which was checking for the correct number of parameters if the output was a maneuver node.  Problem happens when no outputs are defined, the docs say 

When you don't define any outputs, the last statement of the function will be taken as implicit output. )

and the error (actually two different places) was happening when no outputs were defined

@wmvanvliet

I submitted a PR for this

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.