Within how many weeks/months can we expect 0,24?

EasyAce

I just want to know if it's a general expectation that it'll launch within 4 week, 8 weeks, June, December, 2015 or whatever.

Please do not answer anything like "it's done when it's done..."

I'm not restless or anything - I just want see what people write and then make a decision if I should start a new career now or wait some weeks...

Hard to say really. The update cycle has been pretty stable at about eight weeks with a delay over Christmas for the last two years, so mid march seems likely.

That said there's been no mention of breaking savefile compatibility, so with a little luck you should be able to continue your projects without any issues.

I think the OP was just asking about the development cycle times. Most of us know from experience but some are new. The best answer is to play KSP and not worry about the update until the final phase, I think its experimental (right?). Thats the only time you should hold off on KSP, if you are the person that feels the need to not play right before an update.

Can career games be converted into sandbox games to ignore the new mechanics?

AFAIK, yes. See this link for instructions on how to. The link covers how to convert sandbox to career mode, but you can reverse the process too, using a bit of logic. It's also possible to convert to sandbox mode with the science system enabled, while having all parts available in construction (to prevent missing parts issues with current ships/stations). PM me if you need any help :)

Great answers. It's about what I hoped for :)

For me it is like some of you wrote, I don't actualy care wether it is 0.23 or 0.24, cause the game is FUN anyway... but it is kind of demotivating to start a new career now, get my station up'n running and then BANG!!... 0.24 is out and I .... just hazzz to update and start all over :)

Install a universe replacer/modifier, Alternis Kerbal or something like that. Then start a new career mode. Put FAR, DE, and TAC Life Support in too. They change eeeeeeeverything.

Also, it'll be done when it's done. Nobody who knows anything will say anything.

Are you familiar with the term "NDA"?