KSP is losing again

Dre4dW0rm

Thats also Steam players only, there are people that play but don't do it through Steam, like me :) Unless Im the only one :P lol Im also sure when .24 comes out it will go back up.

I don't play through Steam either. I think .24 is going to be awesome.

1. Doesn't count non-steam users

2. Games fluctuate all the time. Right now I'm bouncing back and forth between Lost Odyssey, Minecraft & KSP.

3. Around the middle to later part of February is when the work force REALLY starts kicking in again from the Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Year season of terror.

(That's why January is sooooo sloooow)

Bottom line: not worried ;)

.24 will break all mods, most people will probably not update, and wait another three months for mods to be re-made. Those who will, will have to play vanilla.

What percentage of players do you figure uses mods?

I'd say a fairly large number actually. I'm a "stock" kind of a guy, myself, but even I have Kethane and that one mod that ads clouds to kerbin. It's...just so very pretty.

Even so, I have no problem going completely vanilla if the need were to arise.

Edited by Greenfire32

people still play minecraft? o_O

lol wut is teh meincrafts?

My point was that people can't be playing the same game all the time. Sometimes you take a break and come back to it. Sometimes that break can last days and sometimes it can last years (last time I played Lost Odyssey was in 2008 for example).

.24 will break all mods, most people will probably not update, and wait another three months for mods to be re-made. Those who will, will have to play vanilla.

Citation Needed on that first clause of your sentence.

I will update in most any case. I plan on restarting the career anyway, and you have a low opinion of modders if you think it'll take 3 months to get them up.

Here's my prediction: Most mods will work fine, and the major ones that won't work fine will be updated within a week. The vast majority will be fixed within 24 hours of 0.24 (See what I did there) going live.

Prediction #2: And then you'll start complaining about how 0.25 will break the game.

Really? All of them? Sounds unlikely... It usually takes a week or so to get all of the mods updated after a new release, if they need to be updated at all.

Citation is needed on mod breaking.

I always update at least one install (I currently have 4, my record is 5).

I get KSP through the store and have never (and hope never to) installed Steam.

I personally am an offender of being too forum obsessed to play half the time.

You can measure it by checking the number of mods and the popularity of big mods like B9, KW, etc.

So yeah. It wouldn't be silly to figure that all KSP players use or used at least one mod at a specific point. Seems optmistic? Let's see.

-Haystack functionality is now in the core game.

-Subassembly Loader/Manager is now in the core game.

-Some parts from KSPX are now in the core game.

-Tweakables are now in the core game.

-Kerbal Crew's Manifest of having different Kerbals is now in the core game.

And the list goes on. Next in the list probably will be Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Thats also Steam players only, there are people that play but don't do it through Steam, like me :) Unless Im the only one :P lol Im also sure when .24 comes out it will go back up.

It has the same trend on the streams and youtube channels as well.. I am one of those that got burned out on it as well, so I definitely think it is possible that this is happening.

This is one of the reasons I wish they did not drop resources as that would have added so much for long time players like me.

I am sure contracts will help this as well though but would have been even better if they also added resources.