[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

Hahaha! Since I'm using engine ignitor, I have to use ullage rockets to ignite my engines during ascent AND when I'm in space... I can't ignite anything. At least, until this mod gets updated and I can assign custom tanks to be pressurized.

Any ETA on release? this is one of those essential mods for me :)

swamp_ig said he'll be away for a few months, but if you check the GitHub page it looks like NathanKell has been doing some revisions to the code.

swamp_ig said he'll be away for a few months, but if you check the GitHub page it looks like NathanKell has been doing some revisions to the code.

If I am not mistaken Nathenkell is taking over while swamp_ig is away.

I compiled the current Github code for myself using the updated kspapi extension.dll and the relevant x64 dlls - working as per usual, as far as I can tell. The textures look a little differeny - a little glossy I think, but I suspect this is in fact due to me now running in 64-bits

The textures look a little different - a little glossy I think, but I suspect this is in fact due to me now running in 64-bits

Nope. You can thank e-dog (Procedural Fairings dev) for that. He added and updated several textures, as well as adding shininess and bump maps to a few.

I can see there's great demand! I've just got internet back after moving house, and I now have my first set of exams in three weeks time.

Can't really do anything until after that, but I will endeavour to spend some time coding and fixing bugs after that.

I compiled the current Github code for myself using the updated kspapi extension.dll and the relevant x64 dlls - working as per usual, as far as I can tell. The textures look a little differeny - a little glossy I think, but I suspect this is in fact due to me now running in 64-bits

How does that work? :)

Please teach us your ways!

I:

1) Installed xamarin studio [google for download site, free]

2) Downloaded the updated KSPAPIExtension DLL [http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81496-0-24-KSPAPIExtensions-V1-6-0-Utilities-for-shared-mod-use]

3) Download the github .zip file [on the appropiate page, click on the download as zip in the bottom right-hand corner]

4) extract everything, etc.

[5 and 6 are not neccessary, but are easier than browsing to the files in Xamarin Studio's dialog]

5) copy and past the KSPAPIExtension DLL into the /source folder in the proceduralparts folder

6) In the Kerbal Space Program folder:

a) If you are compiling for 32 bit: open KSP_Data

B) If you are compiling for 64 bit: open KSP_x64_Data

7) Open the folder named Managed

8) copy and paste the files

Assembly-CSharp.dll

and

Assembly-CSharp-firstpass

and

UnityEngine.dll

to the same place as in 5)

9) If you are compiling this in windows, in the source folder, open the properties folder. rename AssemblyInfo.in to AssemblyInfo.cs

10) Open ProceduralParts.csproj with Xamarin Studio

11) If you don't see a file tree on the left, choose a different view option (from the view menu) if you just installed it, the default should display the tree.

12) click the tree open until you open the file folder icon with the name: References

13) There should be five:

Assembly-CSharp

Assembly-CSharp-firstpass

KSPAPIExtensions

system

UnityEngine

some will have a little yellow warning symbol.

14) right click on each one of them EXCEPT for system, and select: Delete

15) Right-Click on or to the right of the Folder: Reference

16) Select: Edit References

17) Select the .Net Assembly tab

18) Select the 3 dll files you placed in the /source file

19) Click add (right below that file browser window)

20) click ok

21) Open : AssemblyInfo.cs it is in the folder: properties

22) On one of the last lines, 32 or so:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("@VERSION@")]

this returned an error for me (I am not fluent in C#, not sure what/why, after googling. I suspect maybe a platform thing? I am on windows 8]

I changed this to:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.24.0")]

This is something to do with the mod version number, i think.

23) save!

24) click the little arrow-play button on the upper left to compile. select appropriate release type...

25) compiled!

I wrote this from memory, I figured this out mainly by futzing around with it for a bit. I may have mistated/forgotten etc. steps.

Good Luck!

And by "had no problems" do you mean "it appears to work ok" or do you mean "I actually checked the log and verified it wasn't dumping errors"? Because "it appears to work" is insufficient, and is why I haven't just posted a recompile. Also, KAE still has issues (taniwha's fixed a couple more, I need to make another release).

The former - I just started my first job this week, and I have not had as much time :)

I'll check soonish - although I assume that you are asking rhetorically ;)

Am I breaking any rules if I courteously ask ABZB for his recompiled dll? I been trying to follow his guide but alas I'm sadly not doing something right. If it is in fact not allowed then please disregard and I'll keep trying. Thank you guys for the hard work you make this game better for all of us.

Am I breaking any rules if I courteously ask ABZB for his recompiled dll? I been trying to follow his guide but alas I'm sadly not doing something right. If it is in fact not allowed then please disregard and I'll keep trying. Thank you guys for the hard work you make this game better for all of us.

I don't know if it is against the rules. It depends on the license. I think the reason the guide doesn't work is because xamarin studio is a mac thing, not a windows thing.

I don't know if it is against the rules. It depends on the license. I think the reason the guide doesn't work is because xamarin studio is a mac thing, not a windows thing.

Really? I did that on my Windows 8 computer (my Mac died a few years ago in highly odd circumstances (I only got it b/c of college program thing))...