Sol Project

Yaeah

I can confirm Saturn, Enceladus, Europa, Mercury, Limas, Iapetus, and Titan done. I'm send you the link for consolidation when I'm ungrounded.

Should I get started with textures and Folders?

Edited by Yaeah

This sounds like a better approach anyway to me. Having a second star system to run interstellar missions to would be really cool, and if you replaced the existing Kerbol system instead of adding a system, you wouldn't get that. Looking forward to seeing this.

If you could remove the stock system you could have this pack along with several other planet packs to go with it. Not to mention all the other mods.. itd just save HUGE memory. I proposed it in the PF thread, but idk if its even possible. ( yet )

I'm more concerned about why the rings are only lit up from the side you're viewing them from. I'm sure it's still WIP and is being fixed, but it is... strange.

Also, I take it Sol isn't actually in it's final orbit around Kerbol yet? Looking at that, it's only 4.3AU from Kerbol instead of the 10AU you mentioned, and Neptune could wind up halfway to Eeloo!

But anyway, nice work so far; Saturn looks good, and Titan's atmosphere is perfect! This may be the only Planet Factory pack to have really grabbed my attention!

Saturn should have much much thicker rings..

http://i59.tinypic.com/2m7xaow.jpg

perhaps something like sentars?

Well, so far Krag has been the only one to truly create rings, and mine are created through the clouds and cities mod, so they are really just extended clouds with alpha textures. This is very hard to get thick rings like Saturn, and this is the best I can do a the moment.

I'm more concerned about why the rings are only lit up from the side you're viewing them from. I'm sure it's still WIP and is being fixed, but it is... strange.

Also, I take it Sol isn't actually in it's final orbit around Kerbol yet? Looking at that, it's only 4.3AU from Kerbol instead of the 10AU you mentioned, and Neptune could wind up halfway to Eeloo!

But anyway, nice work so far; Saturn looks good, and Titan's atmosphere is perfect! This may be the only Planet Factory pack to have really grabbed my attention!

No, the distance is really just a place holder, and nothing is final, all alpha. Rings are created through clouds and cities mod, see the reply post above.

Sorry about the total existence failure, but I am grounded. I have some planets almost done, will upload them when I am ungrounded.

Yeah I've been gone a bit myself as well, but back to the planets, I have been having issues with the smaller moons of Saturn like Mimas and Enceladus. The .bin mesh is all skewed and un-even. So I'm going to skip them and try Dione, Tethys(?) and Rhea.

Ill start work on Uranus, too.

Yeah I've been gone a bit myself as well, but back to the planets, I have been having issues with the smaller moons of Saturn like Mimas and Enceladus. The .bin mesh is all skewed and un-even. So I'm going to skip them and try Dione, Tethys(?) and Rhea.

Ill start work on Uranus, too.

I'll do Jupiter.

Since Uranus and Neptune are both relatively small compared to Jupiter and Saturn, I will use Minmus as a template. Minmus is the roundest object when used for large objects such as these, and I can change the radius and gravity and atmospheric characteristics with this setting.

So, with the Saturnine moons almost complete, I figured I would go and try to fix the green haze of the Jool template for Saturn. I used Kcreator's Plugin tool to alter some settings, and although I didn't exactly get it there, I got the ambiance changed:

IcylYl3.png

Could you PLEASE for the love of Kerbin change the rim texture from the default green?

Here's an example from my experiments. (Using aftokinito's planet api* mind you, but the rim texture attached was made from one ripped from KSP, it will work.)

screenshot143.png

Dagda_rim.png

*Planet plugins are easy to make and hard coding accomplishes so much more. Try it one day.

Could you PLEASE for the love of Kerbin change the rim texture from the default green?

Here's an example from my experiments. (Using aftokinito's planet api* mind you, but the rim texture attached was made from one ripped from KSP, it will work.)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56154768/KSP%20.22/screenshot143.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56154768/Dagda_rim.png

*Planet plugins are easy to make and hard coding accomplishes so much more. Try it one day.

Interesting...

If you'd message me on these configurations and settings, I would be glad to incorporate them!

That Saturn and Titan look really good! You should include a version of this with all the planets(whens its done) so it works with Real Solar System.
? That's what we're doing.

I was super confused about this too, starting to get frustrated that it didn't seem like you were trying to integrate them. Might be a good idea to explain compatibility in the OP :)

I was super confused about this too, starting to get frustrated that it didn't seem like you were trying to integrate them. Might be a good idea to explain compatibility in the OP :)

I Kind of did... here:

we are making a star, Sol, out at 10AU from the sun, with our solar system planets around this star. We may change it, but this is what it is right now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.