Sol Project

Yaeah

Currently under development, the Sol Project is a Co-operative between Poryy and myself to recreate the solar system through Kragethea's brilliant mod: Planet Factory:Creator's edition. Since we plan to create all of the analogue planets, Adding planets such as Mercury, Venus, and Earth was going to be an issue with the pre-existing KSP planets getting in the way of what we create. To solve this, *Sol will be a star orbiting Kerbol on the order of about 10 AU away*, and scaled down to a 1/10 size scale. We don't plan on doing every single moon/planet there is, just the major moons/planets such as Io, Europa, Ganymede, etc. Updates will be posted as we go through the system, and feel free to ask questions!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Progress:

Saturn is in game with rings, other moons are being worked on.

Titan only needs an Ocean, and the atmosphere looks great.

Uranus and moons are complete

Saturnine moons complete

Starting work on Jupiter and It's moons

Jupiter complete

starting work on Neptune

Neptune is complete, starting work on it's moons

Jupiter revamped with my gas giant system with Poryy's consent, All Gas giants completed

Mercury is complete

Earth is complete,

Venus is complete

Edited by Yaeah

Can you elaborate on this?

Well, IF we were to add Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars and so on, we would have a very cluttered system with a Kerbin and Earth orbiting relatively close, and it would be awkward. Poryy suggested we just add a star 10 AU and build from there.

Well, IF we were to add Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars and so on, we would have a very cluttered system with a Kerbin and Earth orbiting relatively close, and it would be awkward. Poryy suggested we just add a star 10 AU and build from there.

Personally I would not go mucking about with combining systems. I would replace the whole Kerbolar system with ours.

Wouldn't it be possible to alter the characteristics and names of existing planets into real-world ones (in the style of Alternis Kerbol), then add additional ones and put KSC on Earth?

Yeah, but I figure it would be easier for the user of the mod to just have it be a Planetfactory mod than change the entirety of their game.

Check out Real solar system for something like this.

Is it not possible to just replace the current planets all together? And will you be modeling each planets custom surface features? Because I've been wanting to try RSS, but the fact that its just the stock planets retextured kinda turned me off. For instance.. will Titan's surface look like Titan?

Because another thing that bugged me about RSS is the planets are just bug balls of blur. Good from afar, but far from good. So.. with PF is it possible to make a DETAILED RSS scaled planet?

Edited by Motokid600

Is it not possible to just replace the current planets all together? And will you be modeling each planets custom surface features? Because I've been wanting to try RSS, but the fact that its just the stock planets retextured kinda turned me off. For instance.. will Titan's surface look like Titan?

Well RSS has an actual Earth now that replaced Kerbin. Its in the pre-release so it is possible to replace planets.

Because another thing that bugged me about RSS is the planets are just bug balls of blur. Good from afar, but far from good. So.. with PF is it possible to make a DETAILED RSS scaled planet?

Well, Im doing textures of the planets, so yeah, It should look like a genuine Titan. We are keeping everything 1/10 scale and only ding the major moons of planets.

Sorry Yaeah I know your not shooting for scaled RSS I was just blabbin. But my original question still stands. Instead of a seperate system.. is it not possible to just replace each present planet with your new ones? And then of course adding the ones that aren't there..

Sorry Yaeah I know your not shooting for scaled RSS I was just blabbin. But my original question still stands. Instead of a seperate system.. is it not possible to just replace each present planet with your new ones? And then of course adding the ones that aren't there..

It's all quite possible, And maybe I will think about doing this sometime in the future. But for now, Poryy and I are doing this solely using PF.

Oh I see that UR's task.. well what I really meant was just getting rid of the stock planets. Not a retexture. A complete deletion. Just a sun... And a clean slate for your planets to be added in.

Is it even possible to remove planets with PF? If not then all of the above is null lol.

This sounds like a better approach anyway to me. Having a second star system to run interstellar missions to would be really cool, and if you replaced the existing Kerbol system instead of adding a system, you wouldn't get that. Looking forward to seeing this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.