Newest newbie question ever...

Bundyfly

I have honestly tried to figure this out and can't...how do I fire liquid engines? I can lift off with solid boosters and separate when they are depleted but then I cannot fire my booster engines. I feel silly asking because I am sure it is something simple that I am not doing. Please help :D

Yeah, SRB's (the yellow rockets you started with) and liquid engines are very different:

SRB's have fuel and engine in the same part, and they are unable to throttle down until they run out of fuel!

Liquid engines require a fuel tank part. To use them, you press shift to throttle up, and then space to activate (when they are in staging.)

Watch Scott Manley's* videos for beginners!

(If you don't know, Scott Manley is pretty much KSP's Holy Saviour. He is so good at the game!)

Good luck!

With Love,

LexiSilva

Either you don't have fuel, or you did the oposite and have fuel but no engine. Solid boosters are a single thing, but liquid boosters need both an engine at the end and fuel tanks ontop of the engine

Or you are using the plane fuel tanks (plane tanks have only liquid fuel. For a rocket you need the version with liquid fuel and oxydizer)

Or you forgot to throttle up. Solid boosters don't need to be throttled because they always fire at 100%, but with liquid boosters you can deceide yourself how hard the engines burn. Shift throttle up, ctrl throttle down. Your throttle is the little bar on the left side of the navball

Make sure that the engine is directly under the tank, you throttled up and have the engine in the right stage. Don't worry, I'm new too, and the kerbonauts never seemed to mind when my engines failed. Granted, they were dead, but you have to take the good with the bad.