[0.23]Cargo Transfer Bags and Tanks(for TAC life support) 0.7

Albert VDS

So here's an idea specially for people who don't like MFT: How about a specific plugin for this mod which adds a "switch resource" button to the right click menu?

Another preview of what I've got so far:

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r716/albertvdsluis/PressurizedResupplyTanksScreenshot_zps06d8a5f1.png

to be honest... i don't know what MFT actuallydoes. the discription onthe topic page is very... vague

dont we hae enough plugins. ive had litle problems using mft with this. imo would rather have a awsome looking green house for tac(dont want biofuels one u have to change to many tac values)

The model is really nice. Still, since it's designated to be comparatively small - high detailed valve is a a bit excessive.

Alright, thanks for the suggestion. They are lower poly now. :)

to be honest... i don't know what MFT actuallydoes. the discription onthe topic page is very... vague

MFT is Modular Fuel System, it makes it possible to change the resources and their amounts on a part.

Though only certain resources can be used and only between min and max amount of that part.

dont we hae enough plugins. ive had litle problems using mft with this. imo would rather have a awsome looking green house for tac(dont want biofuels one u have to change to many tac values)

Didn't zzz make a cool looking greenhouse?

the zzz green houses are the biofuels green houses. the zzz greenhouses are free for anyone to use.

right now tac can work with biofuels but biofuels cant work with tac. if u change the tac settings u can get it to work with biofuels, but if u change the biofuel settings in the .cfg bifuels stops working lol.

well all the greenhouses dont work if u not focues on ship anyway.

here's my finished cargo bags... they don'thold two fuels which is odd but i'll try to look for a fix... maybe i wasn't supposed to put the resource code twice. will fix soon.

http://imgur.com/mcFFYjz

yeah i put it in parts but didn't edit my paths so it flipped up. thanks for the help.

oh those symbols on my cargo boxes are from hexcans and interplanatary launch pads so all rights go to them. the RCS is my own :P

That's cool, nice work :D

So here's an idea specially for people who don't like MFT: How about a specific plugin for this mod which adds a "switch resource" button to the right click menu?

Another preview of what I've got so far:

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r716/albertvdsluis/PressurizedResupplyTanksScreenshot_zps06d8a5f1.png

Maybe, if you would make a plugin for yourself, pack-up the texture and resource for switching. So that it will have a specific texture for each resource.

That's cool, nice work :D

Maybe, if you would make a plugin for yourself, pack-up the texture and resource for switching. So that it will have a specific texture for each resource.

whoops i forgot to say your name for the original fabric texture of the bags... also i gotta figure out how to place the symbols in the right place so they don't look bad :/

I don't really understand how there can be some problems with MFT. MFT is really nice since it allows easy volume scaling. Add proper MM configs and you'll really enjoy it.

If you have some issues you cannot get - ask ppl. You can pm me and if I'll be able I'll definitely help you with configs.

What should these Pressurized Resupply Tanks hold? Of course there should be oxygen and water, but monopropellant might also be a good idea.

What about the waste product? Would you want to handle it with a PRT or is specific waste part a better option?

The PRTs allow for 2 different tanks in one part(or 2 of the same).

The valves and hoses are about halve the previous poly count. :)

PressurizedResupplyTanksScreenshot2_zps5e6850c5.png

Shoving waste down a small pipe doesn't seem too promising... There should definitively be another mesh for liquid and another for solid waste. For liquid, it can be a fat canister with a wide hatch and for solid, a boxy looking thing. Adding decouplers to the part would make getting rid of waste easy. I'm eagerly awaiting parts to manage waste :)

For these tanks, good job, they look nice in this configuration :)

Shoving waste down a small pipe doesn't seem too promising... There should definitively be another mesh for liquid and another for solid waste. For liquid, it can be a fat canister with a wide hatch and for solid, a boxy looking thing. Adding decouplers to the part would make getting rid of waste easy. I'm eagerly awaiting parts to manage waste :)

For these tanks, good job, they look nice in this configuration :)

or he can just use the same tank configuration and you could put decouplers on it?

whoops i forgot to say your name for the original fabric texture of the bags... also i gotta figure out how to place the symbols in the right place so they don't look bad :/

For what? :P

What should these Pressurized Resupply Tanks hold? Of course there should be oxygen and water, but monopropellant might also be a good idea.

What about the waste product? Would you want to handle it with a PRT or is specific waste part a better option?

The PRTs allow for 2 different tanks in one part(or 2 of the same).

The valves and hoses are about halve the previous poly count. :)

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r716/albertvdsluis/PressurizedResupplyTanksScreenshot2_zps5e6850c5.png

How about:

Pure Monoprop

Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer

Pure Liquid Fuel

Pure Oxygen/Water

Waste Products

Oxygen and CO2

Water and Waste Water.

If you need help with texturing, I can help with your textures :)

How about:

Pure Monoprop

Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer

Pure Liquid Fuel

Pure Oxygen/Water

Waste Products

Oxygen and CO2

Water and Waste Water.

i used your textures for my bags (also used symbols from hexcans etc..)

How about:

Pure Monoprop

Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer

Pure Liquid Fuel

Pure Oxygen/Water

Waste Products

Oxygen and CO2

Water and Waste Water.

Alright. If you could look at the textures once the PRT is released.

I'll also look at your retextures, didn't have time to do that yet. =X

(Up close I mean, I've seen the screenshots :))

Here's all the different tanks:

screenshot43_zpsbb27536c.png

Please tell me if some of the colors are too suggestive.

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r716/albertvdsluis/screenshot43_zpsbb27536c.png

Is that a bell for waste..?

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r716/albertvdsluis/screenshot43_zpsbb27536c.png

Looks nice! :)

Nice! Now to pack them with the correct pair.....

By the way, I just realized this (I know it's a bit late) but I thought that if it was THAT small, the belt holding it together is too small. Also the bottom part is disturbingly as big as the top part curve. It's kinda disturbing me but I guess that's fine. :P

How about orange for fuel?

Also, Oxygen also is (internationally) colored green.

Is that a bell for waste..?

Actually thats meant to be a trash bag.. :D

Nice! Now to pack them with the correct pair.....

By the way, I just realized this (I know it's a bit late) but I thought that if it was THAT small, the belt holding it together is too small. Also the bottom part is disturbingly as big as the top part curve. It's kinda disturbing me but I guess that's fine. :P

How about orange for fuel?

Also, Oxygen also is (internationally) colored green.

Okay, so a thicker belt and you want the bottom to be flatter?

Maybe the "fuel" tank should be replaced with "oxidizer" and "liquid fuel".

Orange might be too close to to the yellow of waste water and orange/beige of mono.

Do you have any other color ideas? :D

hmmm these look nice. i might ditch the ECLSS stuff but i might keep the rest as detacable fuel tanks.

Actually thats meant to be a trash bag.. :D

Okay, so a thicker belt and you want the bottom to be flatter?

Maybe the "fuel" tank should be replaced with "oxidizer" and "liquid fuel".

Orange might be too close to to the yellow of waste water and orange/beige of mono.

Do you have any other color ideas? :D

Hmmm alright, here goes. Some of these are used worldwide and some are used by ksp (also some are already used by you):

Liquid Fuel - Cryogenic Orange (Gas also use Red but KSP has it orange for LF)

Oxidizer - Light Blue

Oxygen - Dark Green

Water - Deep Blue

Waste - Yellow Green (and put a recyclable sign) - I think this needs to be in a bag, not in a tank. So it can have the same color as the Oxygen without confusion. Also makes more sense.

CO2 - Silver Gray

Monopropellant - Yellow Orange

Waste Water - Urine Yellow makes sense. :P

BTW, imo, avoid having bright colors. Looks bad D:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.