Pteron Micro Shuttle and rescue vehicle Beta download available(9/9/2014)

Sage Sagan

Guys, I'm having a hard time importing a hull + landing gear. Also, I think we should separate the landing gear from the hull. But Daemoria's model can't do that. Another thing is it's over-sized as you have seen in the first picture. So I would ask you. Would you agree for a reboot where I remodel (I'll stick to Daemoria's and the initial concept style), or should I just continue? I wouldn't mind to continue but... you know. Also, the landing gear isn't too detailed. I'll do some improvements if I remodel. PM-ing Sage too for this.

You do what ever is best for you and whatever is going to produce the best MOD. There are many of us myself included who are chomping at the bit to get our hands o this mod but I am sure I can speak for all of us when I say it we want the best working MOD possible. So its up to you.

Don't need to change the size using rescaleFactor, just need to change the size of the model, as much as I dislike KSO you can take a cue from how they did it, rectangle removed from the main model where you connect a landing gear model that fills the hole to make a flush part when not deployed.

Don't need to change the size using rescaleFactor, just need to change the size of the model, as much as I dislike KSO you can take a cue from how they did it, rectangle removed from the main model where you connect a landing gear model that fills the hole to make a flush part when not deployed.

That's true. Another thing would be the wings separated look bad so I need remodel it. Basically... still needs a remodel either partially or whole.

Hey all sorry for the sporadic nature of my posting at the moment but IRL shenanigans are keeping me from The Kerbalverse. For the sake of clarity I will post my message to Blackheart:

"Sorry for the delayed response. Hmmm it's entirely up to you Blackheart, I really liked Daemorias model but if it is proving a pain in the butt to get the landing gear right and you are willing to have another go at the model then by all means.

The work you have done on the Aerojet proves that you are a talented person when it comes to modelling, I just worry that starting from scratch will mean a bunch more work for you.

I do like the idea of the landing gear being a part of the main fuselage, one of the driving ideas behind the concept was to keep a very low part count so that multiple Pterons could be attached to a space station without killing peoples P.C.s.

So I guess, in the end what I am saying is: have a go at a new model if you are willing. Just remember...small,simple and Sexy.

Oh and lastly if you are going to take another run at the model is it possible to have skids rather than wheels? My initial sketches had skids which I thought were rather *****ing looking and had the benefit of keeping the shock absorber geometry simple.

Once again thanks for all the hard work so far and I look forward to any model ideas you come up with."

Whilst everyone is making suggestions...Small hatch on the side near the windows or hatch on the top of the fuselage? A hatch on the top design would allow for a future un-kerballed cargo variant.

I like the exit out the top as it would allow for bail-outs easier without wing strikes.

Have you thought about redoing JUST the landing gear/skids on the current model or will that be too much. not in the spirt of having Daemorias make the model in the first place?

Also Have you thought aboot asking someone that has imported models in for a little help with this?

I like the exit out the top as it would allow for bail-outs easier without wing strikes.

Have you thought about redoing JUST the landing gear/skids on the current model or will that be too much. not in the spirt of having Daemorias make the model in the first place?

Also Have you thought aboot asking someone that has imported models in for a little help with this?

I have already imported a couple of models in. It depends of I remodel or I just redo the model, either way, it will still be remodel. Either way, I plan to get this done.

The plan should be - skids or gears be an option, a better connection point in wings rather than the old one.

I have already imported a couple of models in. It depends of I remodel or I just redo the model, either way, it will still be remodel. Either way, I plan to get this done.

The plan should be - skids or gears be an option, a better connection point in wings rather than the old one.

Like all the best plans, simple. I think Blackheart is a one man aeronautical powerhouse and from his other projects it would seem that he has this one on just the right path.

The shape will remain pretty much the same.

So wat your saying is, that we can choose between skids or wheels?

Exactly. Or you can have both. 2 skids on rear, a gear on the front.

Yeah, maybe I'll take Daemoria's model and revisit it. Do a couple changes but I'll need to redo most things still for it to turn out well as I see it. But I'll concentrate on developing this for now so I can have this released.

Exactly. Or you can have both. 2 skids on rear, a gear on the front.

Yeah, maybe I'll take Daemoria's model and revisit it. Do a couple changes but I'll need to redo most things still for it to turn out well as I see it. But I'll concentrate on developing this for now so I can have this released.

Or a skid at the front and wheels at the rear, Dreamchaser style

WyUfRVL.jpg

I have absolutely no problem with you messing with my model. I released it for you to texture/modify as you wish. I like what you've managed to do with it so far.

I don't really have time for SRI development for the foreseeable future... irl work is pretty busy. I only have the time to make random doodles. (green warp gate link in my sig)

I see the square image-links have caught on. :D

I have absolutely no problem with you messing with my model. I released it for you to texture/modify as you wish. I like what you've managed to do with it so far.

I don't really have time for SRI development for the foreseeable future... irl work is pretty busy. I only have the time to make random doodles. (green warp gate link in my sig)

I see the square image-links have caught on. :D

Just out of curiosity, percentage wise where were you at with SRI?