Pteron Micro Shuttle and rescue vehicle Beta download available(9/9/2014)

Sage Sagan

Instead of using airbrakes or brakes on the landing gear, it will have a large blob of chewing gum that it will drop out of the bottom......

Bil, Bob.... KEEP CHEWING, I need that to stop in 3 minutes.......

Will we have to lace the hatch door closed or will it have velcro?

Will we have to lace the hatch door closed or will it have velcro?

Hatch door? Oh, err... yeah, we'll, err... definitely have one of those!

*scribbles frantically on the design plans*

I'd quite like it to have a red cross (to complement the rescue print)

Also, I remember trying the WEKA, but it didn't have enough lift to stop it smashing into the ground.

Edited by Javster

I just plowed through this entire thread. I'm looking forward to seeing more! :)

Just a quick observation though: were the skids done away with for a reason? It would seem an idea choice for all-terrain landing / space saving.

Skids doesn't really make sense though, can't be used to land on land and doesn't really help on the water either, especially in KSP, you need wheels to land like a plane, skids would just dig in and you'd flip and die.

I'm pretty sure the LLL "skids" are just landing legs, doesn't actually allow you to skid on them, I haven't tried them though so I can't say for sure.

I assume it would be possible to use a wheel that's invisible attached to a skid that doesn't have a collision mesh or at least doesn't have it on the bit that'd get near the ground to cheat it. Looks like you're skidding on a skid but you're actually rolling on the invisible wheel, give the wheel no drive and some braking and it should behave as you'd expect I think, it's a total hack though.