Multiple mu files in a single folder

I have three .mu files referenced by three different .cfg files. The names are all different, and the meshes are all referenced correctly but somehow when I load KSP only one of the meshes is used. Apart from that all three parts behave the way they should, with different stack nodes and titles etc.

Plz help.

If your going to put all the .mu files in one folder, make sure they all have different names and not just all of them "model.mu." This will cause internal conflicts, since the config files don't know which model.mu file to call upon. So it would be good to have them custom named.

EX:

J2 engine.mu

SRB9Segment.mu

Mainsail.mu

Use this instead of 'mesh = '

MODEL
{
model = mod/Parts/partname/model
}

Where model references model.mu

So you could have

MODEL
{
model = mod/Parts/partname/model2
}

as well.

Example for a stock part.

Replace:

mesh = model.mu

with

MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Engine/JetEngine/model
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

You can define things such as scale = x , y , z in the MODEL{}, best leave the scale and rescaleFactor outside of the {} as 1.

If your going to put all the .mu files in one folder, make sure they all have different names and not just all of them "model.mu."

You must be some kind of a wizard if you can place files with the same file names in the same folder.

Use this instead of 'mesh = '

Yeah that worked, thanks. +Rep

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

You must be some kind of a wizard if you can place files with the same file names in the same folder.

I'm not saying put files with the same names in one folder, I'm saying make all the model.mu's have all unique names.

I'm not saying put files with the same names in one folder, I'm saying make all the model.mu's have all unique names.

Yeah... The title of this thread should have already told you that all of the .mu files are in one folder. Why exactly are you telling me to do something that Windows already forces you to do?

Thanks for trying but seriously, pay attention.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.