Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Well if he has the nerves to do import/export and configuration in the Unity OK with me. I really lost my nervers with Unity last time I was trying to import that whell and make it work.

Last time Dragoon decided to send this new shuttle to Kartofelnkuchen who will finish it in Unity.

I think I will have to speak with Dragoon and Kartofelnkuchen about this.

Hello everyone!! Will update this thread? Dragon said that he had almost done, but it took two months and no update ...

Well if he has the nerves to do import/export and configuration in the Unity OK with me. I really lost my nervers with Unity last time I was trying to import that whell and make it work.

Last time Dragoon decided to send this new shuttle to Kartofelnkuchen who will finish it in Unity.

I think I will have to speak with Dragoon and Kartofelnkuchen about this.

At the very least you guys should work together. Since dragon isn't posting on here anymore maybe mike-nz can answer questions and fix any problems as they come up. Plus his work with the SRBs is really really good. If there is a split I am gonna end up having to download both just to use the SRBs. So I would prefer if you worked together in some capacity.

so i downloaded this mod about a month ago and it worked great, later i uninstalled it to save memory for more mods but kept the files elsewhere. a few days ago i reinstalled it to go along with some other mods but it is a buggy mess now and i have no idea why.

here are the main problems:

1. the mass of all the parts is zero

2. when i hit the launch button in the VAB it says it cannot launch because it cant calculate the mass

3. none of the parts will snap together with anything although the nodes are still there

i have tried everything i can think of to fix this problem, ive verified the steam cache, made a new vanilla folder to no effect, re-downloaded the mod, and tried to run it on 0.90. nothing has any effect at all which is why i think this is a bug with the mod. i looked in the part files and found that the masses of the parts are there. thanks in advance to anyone who might have a fix.

so i downloaded this mod about a month ago and it worked great, later i uninstalled it to save memory for more mods but kept the files elsewhere. a few days ago i reinstalled it to go along with some other mods but it is a buggy mess now and i have no idea why.

The version of CSS up for download in this this thread is for .90 at latest, and as of 1.02 is very broken.

Jovzin is currently working with others on a new, separate version of the space shuttle, but as far as can be seen isn't too close to release.

However, if you visit this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121748-Component-Space-Shuttle-CSS-ksp-1-0-2-unofficial-release-thread , you will find that Mike-nz has kindly prepared an unofficial update for the CSS, which should fix the problems you described. However, with the new aero update the aerodynamics of the updated shuttle are a bit off, as well as other details, so it isn't quite perfect yet.

To ALL: I am in contact with Mike.

We will try to do some merging my new shuttle with the current one or something. Or maybe scrap my and update the old one. I do not know I will leave this decision to Mike how he wants it.

I am OK if we will not use my new model and will stay with the current one. So in that case I can return to airlock to finish it, after all this was my very first work (asked by Dragoon).

Edited by Jovzin

Your model is so good Jovzin that it would be a real shame to scrap it. I honestly don't see a reason why there can't be BOTH models used. Configs are easy. Keep up the good work.

Agreed with equally!

To ALL: I am in contact with Mike.

We will try to do some merging my new shuttle with the current one or something. Or maybe scrap my and update the old one. I do not know I will leave this decision to Mike how he wants it.

I am OK if we will not use my new model and will stay with the current one. So in that case I can return to airlock to finish it, after all this was my very first work (asked by Dragoon).

Neither one of these guys has a huge ego and wants to see the best mod put out there

I have every confidence that whichever is the best model...it'll be used.

Have you seen these guys talent????

In the end, it'll be the best damn shuttle KSP has ever seen!

• 2 weeks later...
The version of CSS up for download in this this thread is for .90 at latest, and as of 1.02 is very broken.

Jovzin is currently working with others on a new, separate version of the space shuttle, but as far as can be seen isn't too close to release.

However, if you visit this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121748-Component-Space-Shuttle-CSS-ksp-1-0-2-unofficial-release-thread , you will find that Mike-nz has kindly prepared an unofficial update for the CSS, which should fix the problems you described. However, with the new aero update the aerodynamics of the updated shuttle are a bit off, as well as other details, so it isn't quite perfect yet.

OK i will be sure to check that out thanks for the response

• 3 weeks later...

I was just playing with this mod on KSP 1.o.4 and the parts won't snap together in the VAB. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and there is a quick fix for it, or if there will be an update the fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to create new textures

But well still need to do a lot of work and time is limited. For example thinking about removing those white letters and for sure removing those holes from this texture. And thinking that I still need to make those tiles smaller.

uQJvACq.jpg

Trying to create new textures

But well still need to do a lot of work and time is limited. For example thinking about removing those white letters and for sure removing those holes from this texture. And thinking that I still need to make those tiles smaller.

http://i.imgur.com/uQJvACq.jpg

Cool looks !!! It is a model of the Space Shuttle SSU, I learned it.

Cool looks !!! It is a model of the Space Shuttle SSU, I learned it.

Model of what? What is SSU? What did you learn? DECQ I think you are pointing that I am using someone's other work. I would never do that. Never. I want to have my hobby clean as it is possible. No stealing of other's work. Just learning through mistakes and watching Digital Tutors videos.

DECQ I think you forgot that this model was developed by me for at least a year. I did not use the NASA or the original one from Rocket2guns.

This is my own creation which I was workig on for whole year.

Edited by Jovzin