NASA Asteroid Redirect Mission Pack/0.23.5 Images: now with 100% more SLS

Mach_XXII

Man, that LES looks like ****. The one in KSPX looks a bunch of times better, and closer to the stock-alike aesthetic imo. Those engine cluster adapters look okay to me, however. Eager to see the look of what appear to be some new engines as well.

78CD89065A07A98C133810D4D7C121F61C52768C

Edited by Bomoo

Man, forget all the haters, the new parts look great. Finally a stock LES, and the new part sizes look great. I think so many people are just so used to all their favorite mods they don't like that the new stock stuff isn't exactly like it.

Please pass on that the friendly neighborhood Whackjob would like to know if there's anything codewise that would prevent me from doing a powered landing of a rock onto Kerbin?

I bet there is nothing that is preventing that, Whack.

The only thing needed is a lot of fuel and we know you can do that ;)

Anyone else feeling like the 3.75m parts don't quite have the "stock" feel to them? It's kinda hard to tell from just those images, but to me those tanks look just a bit off.

Yeah... I agree. They also look a bit samey when stacked on top of each other. Presumably there will be different sizes of 3.75m tanks at some point.

Btw bobcat's http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-20-x-american-pack-0-1/ has a 3.x~ meter orion, can re-scale it to fit 3.75m easy enough, delete the life support entries to make it work without life support, the Pod is quite nice, though the service module/engine/rcs combo is a bit too restrictive imo, I replaced it using my own parts, I only use the pod, docking port that fits on top of it and the LES:

sk9Hw22.jpg

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I don't really care about accuracy to the real thing, I could make the launcher etc more accurate but meh, I care about a larger 6 man pod, not role-playing SLS missions, the pod and parts above work well enough, can't say anything about the rest of the pack, haven't used it.

Those new SLS parts look really good. In fact, they should re-make all stock parts in that style. Much better than fuel tanks that look like steel drums and engines that don't look really look like anything. Really looking forward to the new update, I hope the rest of stock parts gets at least reskinned to the new SLS aesthetic at some point.

Another set of parts that doesn't fit visually with older ones? Really? That escape tower? Pfff. I'm refusing to believe these are real.

I hope so. The escape tower in that picture looks like complete ass.

Don't forget we are still in alpha for ksp - lots of textures / models will be improved before the official release.

Don't be silly, KSP won't have an official 1.0 release put on polycarbonate discs inside carboard boxes on store shelves in a store, it will gradually over time get updated with new content and improvements, it's like minecraft, not a AAA released by a publisher.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.