Stock: Press space bar to orbit!

Easier than MechJeb!

Just load engines up to full throttle, hit T for SAS, and then press the space bar. 23 minutes and 35 seconds later you'll have an empty fuel station in orbit ready to be fueled up.

Don't steer, don't mess with the throttle. Just walk away and make yourself a sandwich.

Craft file is available here:

http://kspadventures.com/creative-engineering-space-bar-to-orbit/

Oh, and I've been attempting this for a few hours, but the craft has docking ports on it. I believe it's possible (with exact timing) to press space bar and dock with itself (if you've got a copy of it already in orbit).

If you succeed at "Space Bar to Dock", let me know!!!

BuVFHnM.jpg

Edited by llegar

I like this abbreviation, "spacebar to orbit"

If only NASA can think of something that's so mechanically simple that the shape and weight of something can enter orbit with a little help from thrust

Amazing! A forum member by the username of Jamie Logan also posted a space bar to orbit (SBTO, is what I'm dubbing it from now on) that was also very nice! :)

Thanks! I'll search for Jamie's to see if I can make any improvements on my own.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.