The best space related speech challenge

Best space speech challenge

Can you find what I deem the "best" space/KSP relevant speech?

I want YOU to find what you think is the best space speech done.

Please post a link of the film and possibly a sentence on why you like it for entry (my example below)

Your speech doesn't even need to be directly linked to space as long as it could pertain to it (if that sounds right)

If you find a speech that would work in perhaps a KSP film/moc-umentary I'd love it even more :cool:

Go and search the youtubes! go!

Film? Sorry, I don't do film.

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.â€Â

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

This speech works best for *my* KSP experience:

Fate has ordained that the men who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace.

These brave men, Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin, know that there is no hope for their recovery. But they also know that there is hope for mankind in their sacrifice.

These two men are laying down their lives in mankind’s most noble goal: the search for truth and understanding.

They will be mourned by their families and friends; they will be mourned by their nation; they will be mourned by the people of the world; they will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send two of her sons into the unknown.

In their exploration, they stirred the people of the world to feel as one; in their sacrifice, they bind more tightly the brotherhood of man.

In ancient days, men looked at stars and saw their heroes in the constellations. In modern times, we do much the same, but our heroes are epic men of flesh and blood.

Others will follow, and surely find their way home. Man’s search will not be denied. But these men were the first, and they will remain the foremost in our hearts.

For every human being who looks up at the moon in the nights to come will know that there is some corner of another world that is forever mankind.

This is the actual speech that Nixon *would* have given if Armstrong/Aldrin had crashed or been stranded on the moon. It was written in advance of the moon landing, and was revealed in 1999.

More details are here.

Not exactly a speech, but a perfect response to someone who doubts Mr. Buzz Aldrin we landed on the moon.

Hahaha, I guess the saying "stupidity hurts" is true after all :sticktongue:

That dude clearly forgot that those old astronauts were daredevils, not exactly the same as astronauts today (not diminishing their accomplishments...just a different type of people).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.