Post your planes of any type here! [.23]

Once upon a time, Patny and his workers were thinking about what plane they wanted to make for 15 minutes, when Patny himself suggested

Why not make a plane that doesn't need any fuel?

In disbelief, the workers said that its impossible, only to have him suggest to look back in time,

The result was THIS

xM0ILHd.jpg

A Biplane, which is somehow more complex than a Jet.

eCkntVb.jpg

Cause of its high speed of 220-240 m/s(with SAS, 260-270 m/s without SAS) and amazing manouverability...

SToHjyd.jpg

Some call it the ruler of the skies...

a2am1Nr.jpg

Top-down view for no apparent reason that i know of...

And cause of the lack of engine and the not-lack-of-ability to fly, its about infinitely reusable!

Heck, the back even allows the kerbal to get back into the plane

Im thinking about mass-producing it.

Edited by KotDemopan

My HeliJet.

Includes all-in science lab

Flies well at half throttle at low altitude and really agile in tight cornering due to 2 large sas units. I can fly this in circles.

But fuel balancing is wrong and after a while it starts pitching back.

5a3kn7.png

• 1 month later...

A while ago I did a Harrier look-alike, inspired by someone else's original creation.

har1.jpg

har2.jpg

While doodling in the SPH with some parts, I suddenly thought what I had looked vaguely like a Lockheed f-104 Starfighter, so I made a few changes to strengthen the resemblance, and ended up with this.

104-1.png

104-2.png

104-3.png

104-4.png

Lastly, just today, I updated a design I originally made a while ago to tidy it up. Basically it's a 3 man SSTO, principally used for crew changeover at my Kerbin space station.

SSTO-1.png

SSTO-2.png

SSTO-3.png

BFA994306D70281CA7D8C27DB12000845436F211FC8CF80A4233080931B2D805CE8C6580B38C23A7555A67D5D44ACB01D7B5C6C0112432C0C1C8C4F41E220581DB213DCC93734A90D7FE874316A4A81F2A36451D90C537DF5C1CB17661AF08B6DBED69CDBF1E13261D9DBF67520F540CA63F59E8BD35743E

Image captions:

1. close-up
  2. special care must be taken not to hit runway with the tail cone
  3. handles like a sled but takes off after using entire runway
  4. gaining altitude to reach upper atmosphere to reach cruising speed
  5. reached orbit after bouncing off upper atmosphere at 2000 m/s and activating rocket that's disguised as fuselage
  6. showing sustained Kerbin orbit

What started out as an F-14 replica morphed into a SSO re-usable aircraft. Getting the twin jet bodies to attach to the rocket while keeping balance was the hardest part. Once I found out this craft can reach orbit I added 2 basic solar panels, 1 RCS nozzle using the cockpit's built-in RCS fuel, thermometer, 2 z-100 batteries, and Comms DTS-M1 antenna. I didn't reach tier 7 in career mode yet, except for high altitude flight, so it turned out looking stubby. Do not point this craft's nose down more than 25 degrees or you'll send it into a death dive.:D

I put together a very simple SSTO (stock, part clipping used)

First album: Into orbit

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Second album: Decided to do a mun flyby since it only requires so little dV and I had plenty to spare. Then saw an island and decided to visit it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Tell me your thoughts on the plane. I know I used the advanced SAS which is just heavier and serves no purpose, but meh.

Oh look, the forums are back up, how nice. only took about 2 days.

Anyway, 1 hour ago, i decided to make some sort of aircraft that looks a little vaguely like a MiG-29, and actually make it work with FAR.

And its name is: FLaSH-29!(GASP! a partial-replica craft that doesn't have the same name as the real craft!)

iv6liRt.png

OH NO THIS PICTURE LOOKS LIKE... A PICTURE A BIT ABOVE! THIS IS TERRIBLE! THIS IS TURTLE!

Random freakouts aside, the front part is designed like every MiG-29... except my model of said plane, it would probably break off too quickly.

Alright, so this aircraft looks like... alot of my other stupid aircraft,

Infact i am certain that it will not... Spartan III, get off your throne now.

Cynuqh3.png

So it is fast, which bring me to a little coincidence...

The name MiG, despite the name possibly being unintentional, the russian word "Mig" means "to do something quickly" and the word "Flash" could be interpreted the same way.

And im pretty sure you wouldn't wanna be intercepted by it, its even pretty good at turning

cV48usi.png

Despite this picture, it would be pretty hard to land without breaking your engines.

Even the real thing had taller landing gear, i feel like i might need to use some cubic struts.

Apparently some kerbals wanted me to build a smaller plane

Well guess what, i did!

and then Bill took it and flew it to another country.

DbRrRUy.png

Yes, the Inland Space Center!

There have been a few changes since 0.22

Firstly, the ISC itself is no longer in a "K" shape, you have to rely on white pixels to see it

And secondly... well.... have a look at this

TNAOvKW.png

I don't see a launchpad, do you see a launchpad? i see the tower but not the launchpad

This was done so you could still launch rockets and have something standing near the tower

Anyway, the plane is a bit slower than the FLaSH, but more manouverable and easier to land. Basically, thats it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.