Instant Orbits-- just hit spacebar

foamyesque

Can you add Low Kerbin Orbit, that is circular, and in an altitude of 200 km.

No, he can\'t. Crafts made using this part only have the horizontal momentum from the planets rotation, which isn\'t enough for a circular orbit below geostationary orbit, or any orbit at all at the kind of altitude you\'re asking for.

Please More Informations about it.

It sets a height difference between the rocket parts, I believe.

For some reason, when you set it to the height of Geosynchronous Orbit, it is already travelling round at a speed not high enough for anything below, but just right for the Geosynchronous Orbit.

Please More Informations about it.

It\'s just a very, very, long (invisible) decoupler. Your rocket starts on the pad, and everything else as normal. When you decouple, the top part of the rocket will be left at geostationary orbit height, where the momentum is has from rotating with planet is enough to stay in orbit. Anywhere lower than this, the orbit isn\'t circular, and it won\'t be an orbit at all below a certain point. At something like 200km, It\'ll just drop straight to the ground.

For some reason, when you set it to the height of Geosynchronous Orbit, it is already travelling round at a speed not high enough for anything below, but just right for the Geosynchronous Orbit.

This is because something in geostationary orbit is where something orbits at the speed that the planet is rotating-the speed the craft is already going at just from being on the planet.

This is because something in geostationary orbit is where something orbits at the speed that the planet is rotating-the speed the craft is already going at just from being on the planet.

Nvm, just realised that Kerbin is rotating anyway. Boy, I am tired.

Thats already easy to make without putting it into orbit first. Doesn\'t look big.

The 302 I\'ve been working on ( and puddle jumper too when I have the time) tends to be incredibly unstable once you\'ve cleared the atmosphere; I\'m thinking I\'ve buggered up somehow. and a 302 is pretty decently sized; 26 meters from wingtip to wingtip and 14 meters long; haven\'t you ever watched Stargate...???

Sidenote; we have someone working on BattleStar Galactica ships for KSP, but thus far no ones working on Stargate ships? :( :( :( :(

• 2 weeks later...

Instant orbits are even easier in 0.14. You easily change altitude, eccentricity and inclination of orbits now.

Has the added bonus of your ship not exploding into a million pieces too.

For those of us who aren\'t astrophysicists, I like these parts better; I don\'t need to call up a boatload of stuff on orbital mechanics like when I use the orbit adjuster. all i needed to do was attach and launch.

For those of us who aren\'t astrophysicists, I like these parts better; I don\'t need to call up a boatload of stuff on orbital mechanics like when I use the orbit adjuster. all i needed to do was attach and launch.

agreed, i have no idea how to get my instant orbit on 0.14

i have an issue, when i use this part i appear in space, and when i decouple it and flash the map view a few times im just falling back to kerbin. Happens with all orbits. NEED TO GET MAH SPACE STATION INTO SPACE!