Calculator

Hi guys, just a little confused, I know that there is a desktop calculator, hone app, web etc...

I know this may seem menial suggestion but Why is there not a calculator in game, this would save me alt tabbing out, and I cant find my 89' casio anywhere :(

couldn't find it in already suggested sticky.

Your thoughts?:cool:

I usually keep a smartphone nearby with a calculator but, yeah, it would be nice to have one in-game.

Come to think of it, a spreadsheet too. Or, barring that, a notepad that can import files from outside the game.

Well.. I play in windowed mode so I don't have any problems accessing calculator, notepad, spreadsheet, forums, or Wikipedia while playing. Because windowed operating systems were designed to allow multiple applications to run in parallel so every developer doesn't have to implement every little widget into their program.

Well.. I play in windowed mode so I don't have any problems accessing calculator, notepad, spreadsheet, forums, or Wikipedia while playing. Because windowed operating systems were designed to allow multiple applications to run in parallel so every developer doesn't have to implement every little widget into their program.

Good point, my laptop almost melts with the game in full screen , id hate to think what it would be like having to deal with more than 1 visual application... but I see your point

Other applications are usually not that CPU or GPU demanding and for modern GPUs windowed mode is not that much of a problem, Also for KSP, GPU is usually not the bottleneck and it uses only slightly more than one CPU core.

So it's often just up to personal opinion. I got used to windowed mode in general and when I play any game, the first configuration change I do with it is switching it to windowed. I like the comfort of having access to the rest of the system and particularly the internet while playing and the fact that I have desktop and icons around the game window is a small price to pay for me. But yes, there are people for which this would be too disturbing.

But yes, there are people for which this would be too disturbing.

It's not so much "disturbing" as it is a waste of screen real-estate, especially on a smaller screen. Window decorations (and taskbars) are costly for those of us with limited screen height.

It's not so much "disturbing" as it is a waste of screen real-estate, especially on a smaller screen. Window decorations (and taskbars) are costly for those of us with limited screen height.

Yes, and another thing is that KSP does not provide any usable windowed mode for people with screen 768 pixels high.

But there's also that 'borderless window' at full screen resolution combined with taskbar switched to hide automatically, reducing it to a bar two pixels wide (and you can even move it to the side).

+1 to pocket calculator integrated directly into KSP. I know there is a mod too for calculations, but it's a bit overly sophisticated. And since we are at it, a notepad kinda thing would be great too where you can make notes. And i don't like windowed mode a) because of impact on frame rate and B) killing immersion.

+1 to pocket calculator integrated directly into KSP. I know there is a mod too for calculations, but it's a bit overly sophisticated. And since we are at it, a notepad kinda thing would be great too where you can make notes. And i don't like windowed mode a) because of impact on frame rate and B) killing immersion.

Here you go,

Scientific Calculator:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66881-0-23-In-game-scientific-calculator-Kalculator-v0-1-1-1-24-14

Note Pad:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55625-0-23-In-game-notes-notepad-checklist-v0-7-1-1-24-14

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.