[1.0.5] Kip Engineering: All Docking Ports updated for 1.0.5! (11th Nov 2015)

CaptainKipard

I didn't really pay attention to that. I've never heard of this. Could you elaborate? Do you mean the paths and file names in the cfg?

yes. Every reference to every path, command, or variable needs to be case matched across the board to the modding API.

KipEng\Parts could potentially load differently than KipEng\parts, Kipeng\parts, etc. I was under the impression that as a multi-platform environment that Unity would take care of such things, but I saw in another thread where that was causing some problems for someone so I guess the case rules are still OS dependent.

So in short, make sure that your CFGs are case sensitive with the commands, variables, and paths.

Okay triple checked the download and it's fine. Install is correct. Still nothing. I'm using an active texture reduction mod but don't think that's the problem. I'm adding the folder into the parts folder. Am I suppose to add it to the gamedata file?

Am I suppose to add it to the gamedata file?

:huh: Yes. How many times have we said this already? And read the rest of the recent posts.

EDIT

I've checked the config and all the text is already correct.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

I believe that I've encountered a bug with the 1.25m low-profile hub. When switching from the ship and then returning the hub changes to the 2.5m version, clipping through other parts. I'm using the most recent version of the mod.

I've replicated it a number of times, and with each of the 1.25m parts. It's likely that another mod is interacting with it in a weird way. I'll remove my mods one-by-one and retest to see if it has an effect.

Update: Removed my mods; bug still appeared. Also decided to unistall and reinstall to be thorough and I'm still encountering the bug.

Edited by I.O.M.

Can you replicate it?

Does it happen with all the 1.25m parts?

This shouldn't happen at all; these are very simple parts. I've switched and returned to craft made with those smaller parts and nothing like that ever happened.

It's from combining rescale with scale in the MODEL node. It's a known issue. It's caused by the same thing that resulted in you combining both scale and rescale: Rescale gets applied twice except when reverting to launch. Then it gets applied only once. I've also seen it when quick loading. I don't know why it doesn't always happen but if it happens for someone then it will probably always happen to them.

For my own parts pack I'm working on I had to abandon rescaling that way and do all scaling only in the MODEL node and manually recalculate all attachment nodes by hand for each part.

Thanks Starwaster. Can you point me to somewhere where this is discussed?

Not off the top of my head, I think I first saw it mentioned by NathanKell so you might send him a message. Might be that the original discussions even happened in IRC :/

if I find more about it I'll let you know.

@I.O.M.

If you'd be kind enough to test something for me, then could you create a new empty cfg file inside the LPNodes folder. Name it anything you want and copy the text from the spoiler below into it.

This will create a new L part called "Test". Use it in a ship and tell me if the bug persists.

PART

{

name = kiplhubmedtest

module = Part

author = Cpt. Kipard

MODEL

{

model = KipEng/parts/LPNodes/lhubmodel

scale = 2.0, 2.0, 2.0

}

rescaleFactor = 0.5

node_stack_left = -1.05135, 0.2486461, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0.2486461,-1.05135, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

TechRequired = metaMaterials

entryCost = 10800

cost = 900

category = Structural

subcategory = 0

title = Test

manufacturer = Kip. Engineering

description = Test Version

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 1.5

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.2

angularDrag = 1

crashTolerance = 15

maxTemp = 3200

MODULE

{

name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace

passable = true

}

MODULE

{

name = FStextureSwitch

displayName = Hub Texture

moduleID = 0

textures

{

name = KipEng/parts/LPNodes/NodesCol

name = KipEng/parts/LPNodes/AltTextures/NodesColDark

}

objects

{

name = lhubobj

}

}

}

Nonono, the reason for using 1/rescaleFactor is if you use a non-1.0 rescaleFactor.

Let me example:

Instead of this:

MODEL
{
model = foo
scale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
}
scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 2.0
node_bottom = 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, blah....

do

MODEL
{
model = foo
scale = 2.0, 2.0, 2.0
}
scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1.0
node_bottom = 0.0, -2.0, 0.0, blah....

@I.O.M. Try this if you please. Same as before. Just replace the text in the previous test cfg.

PART

{

name = kiplhubmedtest

module = Part

author = Cpt. Kipard

MODEL

{

model = KipEng/parts/LPNodes/lhubmodel

scale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5

}

scale = 1

rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_left = -0.525675, 0.12432305, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0.12432305,-0.525675, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

TechRequired = metaMaterials

entryCost = 10800

cost = 900

category = Structural

subcategory = 0

title = Test

manufacturer = Kip. Engineering

description = Test Version

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 1.5

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.2

angularDrag = 1

crashTolerance = 15

maxTemp = 3200

MODULE

{

name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace

passable = true

}

MODULE

{

name = FStextureSwitch

displayName = Hub Texture

moduleID = 0

textures

{

name = KipEng/parts/LPNodes/NodesCol

name = KipEng/parts/LPNodes/AltTextures/NodesColDark

}

objects

{

name = lhubobj

}

}

}

==== Universal Docking Port Set ====

Version 0.9.2 Features:

- Toadicus has generously offered to write a plugin for these parts. You can now use these docking ports in any way you like without any ill effects.

- 1.25m Port can attach to 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports and all other Universal Docking Ports

- 2.5m Port can attach to 2.5m, 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports, all other Universal Docking Ports as well as the KW 3m docking ring.

- 3.75m Port can attach to 3.75, 2.5m, 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports, all other Universal Docking Ports as well as the KW 3m docking ring.

- "Connected Living Space" compatible. Impassable

Changes:
- Added Toadicus' Adaptive Docking Node plugin
- Modified and added Toadicus' Module Manager config for stock docking ports and KW 3m Docking Ring
- Fixed config to work with the Adaptive Docking Node plugin
- Removed optional config, obsolete
- Fixed colliders

==== Low Profile Structural Hub Set ====

Changes:
- Fixed scaling bug
- Minor texture changes

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Does the adaptive-docking cfg effect all docking ports?

The AdaptiveDockingNode cfg does add some functionality to the stock ports, but as written it does not add additional compatible sizes, since that's inconsistent with the stock behavior and the models look a bit wrong for it. But it's just a config file; if you want to change it, just add more sizes to ValidSizes, comma-separated. :)

Toadicus has generously offered to write a plugin for these parts. You can now use these docking ports in any way you like without any ill effects.

Glad to be a part of the team! :)

I think if I followed the development of this plugin correctly the cfg by default allows stock ports to be used with other ports that use this plugin.

Specifically it allows a focused ship with a stock port to dock to Universal docking port.

The other way around is possible anyway I think.

Btw @toadicus I'm sorry about this. I wanted to feature your name and the plugin in the title but the forums are giving me a server error.

Edit:

Fixed now.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

It's a simple cfg tweak to add 3.75m parts. I can do it, but at this point the texture is already done so I really don't want to make a higher definition version of it. You'll have to settle for a simple rescale of the 2.5m parts. The textures will have a lower pixel density because of that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.